Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Bay Lake Tower

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Bay Lake Tower

The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Bay Lake Tower by Tom Richards

Join us for a visit to the Contemporary Resort's next-door neighbor.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I stayed there for the first time this past February. I absolutely loved it! Not only that, but I got an upgrade to a 2 bedroom deluxe suite with a theme park view. I had a 1 bedroom deluxe theme park view to begin with, so I was floored when they asked if I minded being upgraded. I just have to say it is one of the most beautiful rooms I stayed at! I loved being able to walk from Magic Kingdom to the tower instead of having to take any other kind of transportation.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Bay Lake Tower is our absolute favorite of the DVC properties in Florida. There are so many great things about it, but the #1 factor is simply the fact that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom from it. On our most recent stays there, we've fallen into the habit of walking over to the Magic Kingdom in the evenings to close out our days, no matter where we've spent the rest of the day. Even if we've spent the day in the Magic Kingdom, we'll head back to the hotel after dinner for a little rest, then walk back to the park later on.

There are other huge advantages to staying there, too. The size and functionality of the villas is simply unparalleled. While Old Key West might have more square footage, the layout of the one- and two-bedroom units at BLT is far more functional. The extra bathroom is a HUGE plus (two full bathrooms if you're in a one bedroom, and three full bathrooms if you're in a two bedroom). The only other resort in Florida that offers this feature is Kidani Village.

Then there's the view. What could possibly be better than sitting on your own balcony and watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks each night? There's the pool area -- very nice. Several excellent restaurants in the main tower of the Contemporary. Quick monorail trip to the TTC and on to Epcot. Relatively uncrowded buses (compared to the resorts that aren't connected by monorail to two parks). Extremely convenient parking.

We try to rotate around through all the different DVC properties as much as possible, but we usually stay at the Bay Lake Tower about every third trip or so. The Beach Club and the Boardwalk both provide that "walking distance" proximity to a theme park, but without the views or the great rooms. Really, the one DVC property that gives the BLT a run for its money is the Grand Californian, and that's mainly because that resort is practically IN a theme park.