Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom.

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom. by Chris Barry

Inspired by the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, Chris blasts off on Space Mountain.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

As much as I've loved Space Mountain, and with as many times I've ridden, it's gotten too rough to ride now. Time for a rebuild.

And Chris, you and I are fellow space nerds. You didn't mention it, but what did you think of Babylon 5?

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

DLs SM is SMOOTH! MKs SM is like DLs Matterhorn. Ill keep riding all 3, though, as long as Im physically able!

Great article. I love roller coasters and Rockin Rollercoaster and Everest are awesome but my favorite is Space Mountain. I love being in the front seat of that little rocket so you can't see anything in front of you and it just feels like you're falling through space. I also love Disneylands version even though it's quite different since you sit 2 by 2. Both rides are fantastic.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    DL’s SM is SMOOTH! MK’s SM is like DL’s Matterhorn. I’ll keep riding all 3, though, as long as I’m physically able!
    I completely agree, except I cannot handle Matterhorn anymore...way too rough for this old body!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    As much as I've loved Space Mountain, and with as many times I've ridden, it's gotten too rough to ride now. Time for a rebuild.

And Chris, you and I are fellow space nerds. You didn't mention it, but what did you think of Babylon 5?
    Hey Dan,

I'm sorry to say that I missed out on Babylon 5! I go through phases where my life and my Tv plate are just too full and I can't add another thing. For example, right now...one of these days I swear I'm going to buck up for CBS All Access! I can't believe I'm missing out on Star Trek Discovery!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    DL’s SM is SMOOTH! MK’s SM is like DL’s Matterhorn. I’ll keep riding all 3, though, as long as I’m physically able!
    That's the spirit. I feel the same way. As long as they're not causing me any pain, I'm on board!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dpayne007 View Post
    Great article. I love roller coasters and Rockin Rollercoaster and Everest are awesome but my favorite is Space Mountain. I love being in the front seat of that little rocket so you can't see anything in front of you and it just feels like you're falling through space. I also love Disneylands version even though it's quite different since you sit 2 by 2. Both rides are fantastic.
    Thanks for the kind words. Of all the Disney coasters, I ride Rock N Roller Coaster the least. As a matter of fact, it's been several years. I can take or leave the inversions. Much rather ride a coaster like Everest.

Im not into inversions at all; I much prefer drops. I love Everest except for the part where you think youre going upside down/spinning. As Ive gotten older it gives me the weirdest headache. I can no longer do multiple rides on Everest like I used to. Ah, the joys of entering ones senior years! (Im 60 in November!)