Thread: Dancing, Dimes, and Divas in DCA

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Dancing, Dimes, and Divas in DCA

Dancing, Dimes, and Divas in DCA by Todd Pickering

Todd reviews the music groups of Disney California Adventure

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Interesting. I've never caught the Divas at the Wharf or anywhere. I'll have to keep my eye open.

I've always thought that Disney should have a surf band (think Beach Boys) over on Paradise Pier. It would fit the setting and give DCA an extra boost for live entertainment. Even if they just set up in the WOC sitting area, that would attract a crowd.

I wonder what will happen to the Red Trolley and Five and Dime singers once Marvel begins to creep in.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    I've always thought that Disney should have a surf band (think Beach Boys) over on Paradise Pier. It would fit the setting and give DCA an extra boost for live entertainment. Even if they just set up in the WOC sitting area, that would attract a crowd.
    About 10 years ago, they did have such a band. Called Catch A Wave, they rode around on a portable stage

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    Interesting. I've never caught the Divas at the Wharf or anywhere. I'll have to keep my eye open.

I have also heard they sometimes play at the Bandstand on Paradise Pier which would be lovely for me so I don't have to stalk them. I think they first appeared in Disneyland at the Dia de los Metros display for Hallowe'en. Loved them ever since.

I wonder what will happen to the Red Trolley and Five and Dime singers once Marvel begins to creep in.
    I would think the RED TROLLEY BOYS might be a staple with the built in Trolley and the franchise. Maybe like the Dapper Dans over in Disneyland. The Miner 49ers were cut to make room for those two groups once BVS opened to keep the street active and full. Always interesting to see what comes and gos.

Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    About 10 years ago, they did have such a band. Called Catch A Wave, they rode around on a portable stage
    I seem to recall them but don't think I ever caught a full set. Love the music offerings at DLR....can you tell?

Don't forget the Ellis Island Boys in Paradise Gardens! One of the best and tightest bands at DLR. Super nice, too. One of the reasons we love DCA (along with Five and Dime).

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Don't forget the Ellis Island Boys in Paradise Gardens! One of the best and tightest bands at DLR. Super nice, too. One of the reasons we love DCA (along with Five and Dime).
    Who???? WHO!?!?!? I am working on an article on the Paradise Gardens bands. I have seen 4 so far and the biggest take away I have from the bands AND the tech guy is that there is NO SCHEDULE at all. You can get to know the bands and get on their FB pages but Disney has no posted schedule. It would be nice if they posted it on line somewhere so an AP person or even a traveler interested in music who reads one of my amazing articles wants to research it and check in the a.m. to make a decision to eat waaaaay back there or stay in Critter Country because they just got off Splash!.....whew.....you get my point.

And so far all of the bands were really, really good.Even the ones that aren't my favorite genres were great performers....another plus of li e music....