Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for November 21 - 27, 2011
    Disneyland's $2500 passholder Candlelight event | Adventures by Disney debuts one-day excursion | Star Tours; Imagineer Joe Rhode win TEA awards | D23 2012 event schedule | Construction and Holiday photos | This and That... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Great update. Glad to see Carsland is coming along so nicely.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan

♥ Disney Lover ♥ Jenasweetemotion's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just wanted to mention that on the Disneyland Website it list Big Thunder being down for refurbishment on Nov 28-30th but I didn't see it on your list of refurbishments. Loved the pictures you added

“Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard.” -Pooh

Thanks for the update, as always. One small correction - the proper spelling of Imagineer Joe's last name is Rohde (pronounced ROAD-ee). Thanks.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I've said it before but the weekly updates are very bad at providing accurate ride closure info. I've in the past e-mailed them with update info right from the DL website and been ignored.

For anybody interested, other upcoming closures are

Jungle Cruise - Dec 5
    Indiana Jones Dec 6-7

These closures have been listed for weeks and I re-booked my trip accordingly. I advise always checking the official calendar over the weekly updates here, as in the last 2 years it's had a poor record of quickly updating!

Wow. You pay a lot of money for this weekly update, right? No? You might consider taking up your beefs with the website in a private message, and not an open attack like this. Not cool.

- James Taylor

Yes, I should be criticized for pointing out errors, I am a bad person. When I have tried in the past to point them out in the past directly through e-mail as a courtesy to make this more complete I was ignored. I pointed it out in the threads and they are updated by the next week. Don't blame me for criticizing an error openly when ample time had passed for it to be noticed. If e-mails will be accepted in the future, I'll send them that way but sometimes it takes a public notification to make appropriate changes. I just dislike incomplete information being disseminated and try to get it fixed so that the average visitor has correct and complete information for their trip. Sorry if it sounds rude but I'm trying to be helpful and when I try to offer new and correct information and am ignored, it bothers me. I just feel if you're going to share information it should absolutely be up to date and correct. The new update provides the complete posted schedule, and rumored times for the future. I'm glad that readers now have the information they may need to help prepare themselves for a happy and complete vacation.

I don't disagree that accuracy is important. And I'm right up there in the pointing out mistakes department. I just think there's a nicer way to do it than with statements like "I've said it before but the weekly updates are very bad at providing accurate ride closure info."

- James Taylor

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    When I have tried in the past to point them out in the past directly through e-mail as a courtesy to make this more complete I was ignored. I pointed it out in the threads and they are updated by the next week. Don't blame me for criticizing an error openly when ample time had passed for it to be noticed. If e-mails will be accepted in the future, I'll send them that way but sometimes it takes a public notification to make appropriate changes.
    If I can just jump in here, as the human being who writes the Update:

lnsemsf, I've received exactly one e-mail from you that I can find (assuming they were sent from the e-mail address associated with your MousePad account), and that was almost exactly three years ago. If you've sent others from the same address since then, I haven't received them. I know some readers dislike using the web form because of the Captcha verification, but you can always e-mail me directly at avp at mouseplanet dot com. I'm usually pretty good about reading e-mail (easy to do when I'm stuck at a red light), though I'm not as good about replying (not easy to do when I'm stuck at a red light).

As for the refurb information, you're correct, it should be accurate. I'll try to do better.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

OT//Tsk, AVP, you can get a ticket for that. (The court just upheld someone challanging a ticket at a red light.) Just sayin'.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I was looking at the posted link for the Backstage Magic tour from Adventures by Disney. Curious that the first page doesn't mention the Jim Henson Studios tour, but the daily itinerary does list it. But I'm wondering if the daily itinerary is old, since it also still lists the dinner at Hook's Pointe, which doesn't exist anymore - I think I heard they moved that dinner to Steakhouse 55. I'd heard they'd discontinued the visit to the Henson Studios, which would be very disappointing. That was definitely one of the highlights of the tour.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...