Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Wow...yesterday is now my "wildest ride in the wilderness"! I was online before 7am, decided to buy from Undercover Tourist around 9:45am when it seemed like I was getting nowhere (I expected it to be crazy, but yesterday was nuts!), finally got my tickets linked through the app because the website wouldn't let me, then had 2 browsers (Microsoft Edge & Firefox) plus my phone in the queue FOREVER!!! I missed out when the Edge option came up and reentered that queue around 8:30pm. Around 10pm, the Firefox browser started its countdown, got to 15mins, and then reset to "more than an hour" until about 11:15pm! I finally got my park reservations with it just before midnight...a very long day! Now I wish I'd just waited until today after yesterday's craziness had subsided, because my days are still open and I could have purchased my tickets with the Disney gift card like I originally wanted to do! Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm very excited (and tired) to be going back in 31 days!!!

BTW...I saved the screen showing my reservations and have the emails with the QR codes, but they aren't viewable in the website (if I click on the link to view my park reservations, it throws me into the queue again, which is less than an hour right now!)...FYI if anyone else has the same issue.
    I am having the same problem. I am assuming once the craziness calms down, you will not be put back into a q and able to access your tickets and reservations.

2. # ADS

I see that on the web site it says "View your reservations" and when you hit this it goes to a q. I bet that after some time it will go to your reservations. On the app, It shows the first day of my reservations. It also has a tab to "Manage Reservations", however that to takes you to a q also.

Disney has the places listed for food on their blog and menus under each location to view. Looks like they are keeping the 1/2 Monte Cristo, brisket mac n cheese and smores shake at Smokejumpers Grill. After what we experienced with the Monte Cristo at ATOD, I wouldn't bother there again and would be leery about it in DL at this point though too. Brisket mac n cheese was good though.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I saw a lot on other boards saying they are still waiting. Some others that look like they just joined in the waiting game after work as well.

BTW, a little something funny. Disney's blog has a Top 10 for things they can't wait to experience at Disneyland again...one was Mickey pretzels. Did someone not get the list of what wasn't going to be open? Pretzel carts. I know the only spot we could get it during ATOD was Bayside Brews in DCA and that was on the closed list. No carts in DL as well or other options. So they should have shared where one might be able to grab that pretzel in either park or picked a different food item like churros or popcorn. LOL
    Coke Corner should have them.

Edit- looks like they wont be open.
    Last edited by indiejones; 04-19-2021 at 01:33 AM.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Disney has the places listed for food on their blog and menus under each location to view.
    None of the places that served breakfast pre-pandemic list any breakfast options, in fact "Breakfast" is not an option on their menus. For instance, DS13 is looking forward to a Loaded (breakfast sandwich) at Galactic Grill as the very 1st thing he wants to do after walking in the gates after more than a year. No breakfast items are listed. Anywhere. Except Jolly Holiday. Surely they don't expect us ALL to eat breakfast at JH or Starbuck's... Or might their thinking be that since they don't open til 9 am we won't *want* breakfast?
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    None of the places that served breakfast pre-pandemic list any breakfast options, in fact "Breakfast" is not an option on their menus. For instance, DS13 is looking forward to a Loaded (breakfast sandwich) at Galactic Grill as the very 1st thing he wants to do after walking in the gates after more than a year. No breakfast items are listed. Anywhere. Except Jolly Holiday. Surely they don't expect us ALL to eat breakfast at JH or Starbuck's... Or might their thinking be that since they don't open til 9 am we won't *want* breakfast?
    That is right. I haven't seen your suggestion of why mentioned before but thinking about it that could be the case. Toss in the money being saved by not having to deal with breakfast for now.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    That is right. I haven't seen your suggestion of why mentioned before but thinking about it that could be the case. Toss in the money being saved by not having to deal with breakfast for now.
    Too bad, so sad. Seriously, that's what he wanted to do FIRST.THING.
    Karin

Too bad, so sad. Seriously, that's what he wanted to do FIRST.THING.
    That stinks. Hopefully some place down the line it will be back and he can have it again. Poor guy.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup - keep staffing to a minimum and only offer basics. I bet the churro cart will be open. I also wonder how many of the open restaurants will be "open" when the park opens.

You could always get a breakfast sandwich on the way in at Starbucks DTD East but - i know - its not the same.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

something I noticed as odd and makes me curious. On June 19th one day DCA park tickets are sold out - but one day Disney tickets are available. Park hoppers both are available. Is June 19th some deadline? (like for CHOC or something). I also noticed that June 8th all park hoppers are sold out. Thats a Tuesday. did a school district go Anaheim-bonkers? cast members all coming on that day? I wonder - it doesnt affect me in any way but its an interesting detail as I follow how things are progressing with ticket and date availability.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, I've seen folks here referring to GetAwayTickets and Undercover Tourist for tickets. Were they also making the park reservations for folks buying tickets from them?

Karin

Blog Entries
    Out of curiosity, I've seen folks here referring to GetAwayTickets and Undercover Tourist for tickets. Were they also making the park reservations for folks buying tickets from them?
    only tickets (at least when I tried). I was trying to buy online and it stated these were tickets only. So once you had your ticket ID you'd have to go back to your Disney account, link the tickets to your account, then go to Disneyland website for reservations. Thats at least what was happening on opening day (though Getaway had as many issues keeping you connected as people on the direct site).

We bought our tickets from Undercover Tourist. They were just the tickets, which we received via email almost immediately. (I was concerned about that, because the website does say to allow up to 24 hours). I then linked them to my account while waiting for my turn to make park reservations (during the opening day drama). At the time GetAwayToday's site had crashed.

At least on opening day they did NOT make park reservations for anyone. I can't imagine that has changed, but I suppose it's possible if you were to buy a package from them that also included a hotel stay?

Tickets only was my experience but that's how I roll anyway. I prefer to make my own.

Blog Entries

has anyone been able to make dining reservations? i did - but I was lucky that I thought to connect to the website around 645am. They opened the queue around 710 or so. I was in about 10 minutes later. I hope all of you could make it. Keep checking - and remember some of the restaurants are offering mobile standby queues as well.

I tried my app first which only brought up like 3 choices of restaurants, so I went to the website and ended up in back the queue. My wait said 11 minutes to start. About right at 8:30, and I got the one I wanted.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    has anyone been able to make dining reservations? i did - but I was lucky that I thought to connect to the website around 645am. They opened the queue around 710 or so. I was in about 10 minutes later. I hope all of you could make it. Keep checking - and remember some of the restaurants are offering mobile standby queues as well.
    I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw your post! Blue Bayou is usually the only one we make reservations at, but it will be closed, so I did make one for the Lamplight Lounge midafternoon on our last day...now I need to ask hubby if he wants to eat there ~ LOL!!!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

When Disney stated what restaurants would be closed, I did not worry since there were enough that I enjoyed would be opened. However, after checking their menus, they are really limited: Flows - 2 entres; smokejumpers - 2; Frenchmarket - 3 (one is a salad); Galactic Grill - 3 (one is a salad); Plaza Inn - 2 (again one is a salad, thank goodness the other is the fried chicken). I am not going till the end of June, so I hope Disney expands some of these menus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw your post! Blue Bayou is usually the only one we make reservations at, but it will be closed, so I did make one for the Lamplight Lounge midafternoon on our last day...now I need to ask hubby if he wants to eat there ~ LOL!!!
    Right! you can always cancel later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    When Disney stated what restaurants would be closed, I did not worry since there were enough that I enjoyed would be opened. However, after checking their menus, they are really limited: Flows - 2 entres; smokejumpers - 2; Frenchmarket - 3 (one is a salad); Galactic Grill - 3 (one is a salad); Plaza Inn - 2 (again one is a salad, thank goodness the other is the fried chicken). I am not going till the end of June, so I hope Disney expands some of these menus.
    smokejumpers did retain three (3) of the choices from Touch of Disney. This was stated on the Parks Blog but maybe has not made it to a formal menu posting on the Disney site or the app. I made reservations for Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge for my 2 different days and I too wonder about the menus now. (though I know Lamplight is offering a broad menu from watching videos during Touch of Disney).

Blog Entries
    Interesting, I joined the queue at 650a, and had my reservations by about 710a. The queue was really fast for this.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Interesting, I joined the queue at 650a, and had my reservations by about 710a. The queue was really fast for this.
    i think that goes back to the explanation that the placement of those into the actual queue is fairly random. Volume does matter in terms of getting selected but its definitely not first come first served as evidenced by the ticket buying problems from April 15th.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    I thought it wouldn't open til 8 am so I didn't check til then, got in a 16 min. queue and by the time I got in everything in both parks was gone for 4/30 & 6/4. We'll have to hope for a mobile stand-by queue day of.
    Karin

Blog Entries
    I thought it wouldn't open til 8 am so I didn't check til then, got in a 16 min. queue and by the time I got in everything in both parks was gone for 4/30 & 6/4. We'll have to hope for a mobile stand-by queue day of.
    those were tough days. I did get LL for 6/4 - but Im one person so maybe thats why it was open for me.

So I made reservations for 6/18 and 6/28 using a GAT two-day ticket, because I was sitting in the queue forever and couldn't get the Disneyland ticket site to give me anything. I figured that would be enough time for Disneyland to work out any kinks and for me to observe that safety protocols are being followed, etc. I was happy with that, but now that the opening is coming closer, my heart is like, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? WHY DIDN'T YOU BOOK OPENING DAY??" And seeing that there are still reservations open for 4/30 (starting at DCA, but still) is killing me. If I can talk husband into it, I'm going to flipping do it. He's just worried it'll be disorganized and kind of a $h&t show since it's opening day... but I'm not sure? Entry protocol will basically be the same routine as Downtown Disney, so no change there, and I feel like they have all the lessons-learned from Florida already... what do you guys think? Will it be a disaster on opening day, or do you think Disney will be Disney and all will be well?