Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tales of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Tales of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Tales of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror by Jim Korkis

Jim reaches into the fifth dimension to share tales from the ultimate Halloween attraction.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

You may want to get a more contemporary comparison reference; Magic Mountain dismantled Freefall 11 years ago.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

Thanks for the heads-up

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    You may want to get a more contemporary comparison reference; Magic Mountain dismantled Freefall 11 years ago.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't been back to California in a decade and had no idea Freefall is gone.

To help pay my way through college, I worked at Six Flags Magic Mountain and in keeping with the Halloween theme, I was there for the inaugural year when they did the Haunted Mountain overlay for the holiday. I wrote and directed a spooky stage show, did artwork for the children's area in particular the maze and performed as Dr. Electric with his electric chair where I encouraged guests to take a seat and if they jumped up before I turned off the current, their rear ends got a nasty shock. My brother also performed juggling chainsaws while blindfolded. I bet none of that stuff would pass muster these days.

Thanks for the article, Jim ! 👍

It was nice to re-read the history behind the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ..... only to be reminded that Bob "just call me stupid" Chapek's idea they everything must have Disney intellectual property attached to it meant DCA's got replaced by something both DUMB and INFERIOR (think of this as the equivalent to when Disneyland's Tomorrowland lost it's Peoplemover to Rocket Rods - yeah that DUMB and STUPID!) 🙄