Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy [Tower opening date?]

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    Haven't seen any pics of it at night, but LOVE the look of the tower!
    Do you follow HoJo's on FB? I *think that is where I saw them. I also follow a CM trio on IG and FB so it may have been them.

OK, I went and looked Grand Legacy has them on their FB page.
    Last edited by candles71; 05-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Do you follow HoJo's on FB? I *think that is where I saw them. I also follow a CM trio on IG and FB so it may have been them.

OK, I went and looked Grand Legacy has them on their FB page.
    Fresh Baked also had a video showing the Tower lit up at night from in front of the tower and then again from other areas in the park.

Blog Entries

Next week, will have rode GOTG by now!!!!! Excited.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Next week, will have rode GOTG by now!!!!! Excited.
    Yay!!

I call the new style/GotG theme of ToT something between art deco and steampunk.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    I call the new style/GotG theme of ToT something between art deco and steampunk.
    Perfect description! I love it!
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

I was thinking Trash Magnet
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I was thinking Trash Magnet
    Is that better?

*chuckles* It's so much worse!

That's what we thought, especially at night with a full moon rising behind it.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it interesting, and disappointing, that the Summer of Heroes and GotGMB have had no AP or other previews (except for media and special guests this week) but Pandora was widely promoted with mutliple previews and information. I know LA tends to be focused on $$ and the spectacle of it all but its still a bummer.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

On Instagram, Pandora has been on every imaginable Disney page. However, Mission: Breakout and Summer of Heros has barely had any coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I find it interesting, and disappointing, that the Summer of Heroes and GotGMB have had no AP or other previews (except for media and special guests this week) but Pandora was widely promoted with mutliple previews and information. I know LA tends to be focused on $$ and the spectacle of it all but its still a bummer.
    I read reports that there were soft openings yesterday of some of the shows for Summer of Heroes including the new Avengers Training Initiative and Black Widow.

Anybody know what time we should line up tomorrow for GotGMB?

Quote Originally Posted by blp9312 View Post
    Anybody know what time we should line up tomorrow for GotGMB?
    In the front

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We went to the party last night and had so much fun. The ride is absolutely amazing. I don't think I've been this blown away by a ride since the first time I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday and my first ride on Indy. It's gonna be an insane summer.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Wait times today were up to 300 minutes at times
    Screenshot_2017-05-27-11-46-38.jpg

FP was gone by about noon.

One thing it did do was reduce the lines on lots of other rides.

Last edited by binki; 05-27-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    Wait times today were up to 300 minutes at times
    With FP available too....go figure Last I saw it was at 100 now and no FP
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We are going again on Monday, will work on a FP for this ride. While we were on Space Mountain, first ride of the day it broke down and we got a FP good for up to 6 for any other ride except this one. We went on Radiator Springs, grabbed 4 kids together in the regular line and let them come with us on our FP.

Here is what the guts of SM look like.

Attached Images Attached Images

Any other people who rode the ride have some reviews on it?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw a video of the standby fastpass line taking up half the street in front of the animation building. If I didn't knows​ any better I'd say that's the ploy to stop the trolley from staying put long term (ha ha).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I saw a video of the standby fastpass line taking up half the street in front of the animation building. If I didn't knows​ any better I'd say that's the ploy to stop the trolley from staying put long term (ha ha).
    That's probably while they were still funneling people in the queue. The standby line goes into a backstage area to the left of the Fastpass machines. I could only see into it so much, but it looked like they actually built walls and put up posters on the walls (kind of like the walk-through area in Disneyland to get from Main Street to the corn dog cart). There's extra queue for the Fastpass return line too, outside of the normal Fastpass return area, and the queue was extending into Bug's Land. The trolleys aren't running because the extra Fastpass return line blocks off that entire area where the trolley would normally stop.

In lieu of the regular trolley, they are running a toy trolley on the track, with a trolley engineer following it along. It's really funny, and a lot of people are stopping to take pictures and video. I'm glad they're doing that.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

We were at the party Friday night, and have to agree with cstephens. I was totally blown away. I knew it would be good, but didn't expect how good. It does give you a great reason to stay onsite. We hit EMH Sunday and Monday mornings. In addition to grabbing FP early, we were able to ride standby with 10 min waits. So 3 rides prior to the park opening each morning, plus 2 fastpasses. (We got 1 for 9am, then someone who didn't ride, stayed in the FP queue to get a second set for 11am as soon as our 9am came up just as the park opened.)

Prior to the park opening, they queue the FP line up along the Animation Academy side the of the street. The standby line queues on the opposite side. It is my understanding, in the hour prior to the park opening, the FP line actually went thru the Disney Jr queue, back out to the street, around Carthay, and then down to Bugsland. The Standby line queued from the loops in the Hyperion, down thru Hollywood Land, down Buena Vista Street, and out towards the Esplanade.

And we loved the mini Trolley. It would set off the normal sounds of the trolley, so you would hear the bells ringing, only all there was was this tiny trolley. And the conductors were so serious.

Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

They did run the regular trolley yesterday. They had a much better handle on the FP return line. A couple times, they were still using the area where the trolley normally parks, but they were just using the sides and made sure people got out of the way when the trolley came back.

And we loved the mini Trolley. It would set off the normal sounds of the trolley, so you would hear the bells ringing, only all there was was this tiny trolley. And the conductors were so serious.

Bummer we missed the mini trolley. That would have been fun to see. We never went to Hollywood Land since we were avoiding the crazy. The rest of the park was so nice on Sunday.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Prior to the park opening, they queue the FP line up along the Animation Academy side the of the street. The standby line queues on the opposite side. It is my understanding, in the hour prior to the park opening, the FP line actually went thru the Disney Jr queue, back out to the street, around Carthay, and then down to Bugsland. The Standby line queued from the loops in the Hyperion, down thru Hollywood Land, down Buena Vista Street, and out towards the Esplanade.
    Thanks for the info!

How funny!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021