Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Recent Disney Acquisitions

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Recent Disney Acquisitions

My Disney Top 5 - Recent Disney Acquisitions by Chris Barry

Chris looks at his latest Disney collectibles.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

My only observation is that that Funko Toad looks more like Baby Dinosaur - "Gotta love me!"

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    My only observation is that that Funko Toad looks more like Baby Dinosaur - "Gotta love me!"
    Nice throwback there Dan! You're kinda right.

Chris,
    I probably should reply to your Pop post, but it's from 8 years ago, so I'll post here.
    The first Funko Pop I ever bought was the #1 Mickey Mouse, a little over 5 years ago. At the time, I thought Pops were really weird looking, and I didn't care for them. Now I have a baseball case full of unboxed Mickey's and 1 Minnie. And I have a lot more Batman themed ones, and a few others. My Pop collections is somewhere over 130 pieces, and it all started with a Mouse.

Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse

Nice purchases especially Mr. Toad.

I am still angry about the Splash Mountain decision and praying the change gets canceled at least at WDW.

Anyways, my 5 Disney purchases since last year in no particular
    1. I love the Three Caballeros and Ichabod & Mr Toad films. Both films had major anniversaries in 2019/2020 so I purchased special anniversary mugs, plush, and pins.
    2. Polynesian Resort started selling some Olu (friend of Duffy) merchandise recently so bought miscellaneous Olu items.
    3. Spike the Bee sippy cup at Epcot leftover from Flower & Garden
    4. Orange Bird magic band
    5. Wilderness Lodge beer mug shpared Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Humphrey the Bear totem pole.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm View Post
    Chris,
    I probably should reply to your Pop post, but it's from 8 years ago, so I'll post here.
    The first Funko Pop I ever bought was the #1 Mickey Mouse, a little over 5 years ago. At the time, I thought Pops were really weird looking, and I didn't care for them. Now I have a baseball case full of unboxed Mickey's and 1 Minnie. And I have a lot more Batman themed ones, and a few others. My Pop collections is somewhere over 130 pieces, and it all started with a Mouse.
    Hey Jerm,

My sons have 150 between the two of them. I probably have only about 20 or so. At first I felt the same way. I wasn't sure I was behind them. I'm glad I bought those few from the first series because the Peter Pan and Jiminy Cricket are worth over $100.

The one Batman Pop that I have is signed by Scott Snyder. Picked it up at his table at NY Comic Con a year or so ago.

IMG_3370.jpg

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    Nice purchases especially Mr. Toad.

I am still angry about the Splash Mountain decision and praying the change gets canceled at least at WDW.

Anyways, my 5 Disney purchases since last year in no particular
    1. I love the Three Caballeros and Ichabod & Mr Toad films. Both films had major anniversaries in 2019/2020 so I purchased special anniversary mugs, plush, and pins.
    2. Polynesian Resort started selling some Olu (friend of Duffy) merchandise recently so bought miscellaneous Olu items.
    3. Spike the Bee sippy cup at Epcot leftover from Flower & Garden
    4. Orange Bird magic band
    5. Wilderness Lodge beer mug shpared Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Humphrey the Bear totem pole.
    Nice selections yourself. I was considering an Orange Bird magic band myself!

I'm going to go similar to the way maxbuffmelvin did the list. These are just recent things, in no particular order (well, maybe reverse chronological, but not in order of preference)

1) A "Black Series" action figure for DJ R-3X. This was one of those "imported from Galaxy's Edge" offerings at Target. (I know it didn't really come from Galaxy's edge of course, but it's GE related since DJ R-3X only exists in Oga's Cantina)
    2) A small cartoon-ish figure of "The Child" with his head back and the frog's legs sticking out of his mouth as he chows down. Too funny, so I was weak and bought it . I didn't buy the two pack in the link I pasted, but it it the one on the left of those 2 pics. The box looks the same too, so I'm sure that's the item.
    3) A DVD of "that movie" based on a lead someone posted here.
    4) Two pins for Disneyland's 65th Anniversary. The 65th anniversary on-line thing was chaotic for sure and many people were waiting for "their turn" in the on-line queue for more than 12 hours, if I recall correctly. Much of the merchandise was sold out much quicker than that, of course. I waited I think about 4 hours(well "waited" consisted of the personal laptop off to the side while I was working - occasionally glancing over to see if I was "up"), and ended up with the Limited Edition Hat Box Ghost pin and also the Limited Release 65th Anniversary Logo Pin (Mickey and Minnie walking in front of sleeping Beauty Castle). The more limited things had sold out by the time it was my turn (mega-pin large old style Disneyland sign, anything with only a few hundred was gone)
    5) A "May the 4th Be With You" Clone Wars Yoda pin from this year.

I don't normally buy a lot of pins outside of park visit trips, during which I normally will buy one for any special event going on (Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Osborne when it was still happening, MVMCP, also if I stayed at a resort I had not before I'd buy a pin for that resort, etc). So with no trips this year, I thought those 3 would be my 2020 entries on my bulletin board.

Last edited by Dave1313; 11-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Hey Jerm,
    The one Batman Pop that I have is signed by Scott Snyder. Picked it up at his table at NY Comic Con a year or so ago.
    IMG_3370.jpg
    Very nice. I have that one, but not signed.
    Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I'm going to go similar to the way maxbuffmelvin did the list. These are just recent things, in no particular order (well, maybe reverse chronological, but not in order of preference)

1) A "Black Series" action figure for DJ R-3X. This was one of those "imported from Galaxy's Edge" offerings at Target. (I know it didn't really come from Galaxy's edge of course, but it's GE related since DJ R-3X only exists in Oga's Cantina)
    2) A small cartoon-ish figure of "The Child" with his head back and the frog's legs sticking out of his mouth as he chows down. Too funny, so I was weak and bought it . I didn't buy the two pack in the link I pasted, but it it the one on the left of those 2 pics. The box looks the same too, so I'm sure that's the item.
    3) A DVD of "that movie" based on a lead someone posted here.
    4) Two pins for Disneyland's 65th Anniversary. The 65th anniversary on-line thing was chaotic for sure and many people were waiting for "their turn" in the on-line queue for more than 12 hours, if I recall correctly. Much of the merchandise was sold out much quicker than that, of course. I waited I think about 4 hours(well "waited" consisted of the personal laptop off to the side while I was working - occasionally glancing over to see if I was "up"), and ended up with the Limited Edition Hat Box Ghost pin and also the Limited Release 65th Anniversary Logo Pin (Mickey and Minnie walking in front of sleeping Beauty Castle). The more limited things had sold out by the time it was my turn (mega-pin large old style Disneyland sign, anything with only a few hundred was gone)
    5) A "May the 4th Be With You" Clone Wars Yoda pin from this year.

I don't normally buy a lot of pins outside of park visit trips, during which I normally will buy one for any special event going on (Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Osborne when it was still happening, MVMCP, also if I stayed at a resort I had not before I'd buy a pin for that resort, etc). So with no trips this year, I thought those 3 would be my 2020 entries on my bulletin board.
    I'm very much the same way. If I'm at a special event, I try and buy the pin. The last one I was able to buy was the opening day of the Skyliner pin. Pretty happy to have hat one. I also have a pin for each resort I've stayed in.

And yeah, the 65th merchandise thing was a disaster. I was in the queue for pretty much the entire day - I went about my business and kept coming back to check if I had moved, but it basically went nowhere fast. I finally got on late at night and was able to get a T-shirt. That's pretty much all that was available. My daughter tracked down a pin for my birthday after the fact, so I have that too.

And 'that movie" is ???

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    I'm very much the same way. If I'm at a special event, I try and buy the pin. The last one I was able to buy was the opening day of the Skyliner pin. Pretty happy to have hat one. I also have a pin for each resort I've stayed in.

And yeah, the 65th merchandise thing was a disaster. I was in the queue for pretty much the entire day - I went about my business and kept coming back to check if I had moved, but it basically went nowhere fast. I finally got on late at night and was able to get a T-shirt. That's pretty much all that was available. My daughter tracked down a pin for my birthday after the fact, so I have that too.

And 'that movie" is ???
    Cool on the 1st day Skyliner pin! I missed first day by a couple days I think. I might have been at WDW at the front end of my trip on 1st day, but knew the new Skyliner would be nuts, so I didn't try to ride it until the middle of the week.

While I hadn't mentioned those type of new attraction or anniversary pins, I did get 2 of the Epcot "day of" 35th anniversary pins. I got the "I was there" dangler with SE and also the old Epcot logo that hinges open to show an old pic of Walt from early Florida Project days. Also got one of the DHS 30th pins last year... but I'm not sure I want to admit how long I was on the merch lines to get them.... Probably slightly less than when I actually missed a lunch reservation at Brown Derby for a Darth's Maul 4 hour wait to get from the back of the line to the front quite a few years ago though.

Sorry you were one of the "all day wait" people for the 65th stuff, but very cool that your daughter was able to get one for you after the fact.

Sorry for being obtuse on the movie reference. Song of the South. While I had possibly seen it at an after school type thing in the mid to late 70's when I was in elementary school, I had nothing but vague images in my mind of some of the main characters (did not remember anything specific about most scenes, etc. Though I was aware of the one specific scene that pretty much everyone agrees is very objectionable). When the Splash Mountain re-theme announcement came out this summer, in one of the discussions someone shared info on somewhere that it could be purchased. I bought it so I could view it and see how bad it really might be with adult eyes.
    -Dave