Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Even More Secrets of Disney Cruise Line's Disney Dream

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Even More Secrets of Disney Cruise Line's Disney Dream

Even More Secrets of Disney Cruise Line's Disney Dream by Jim Korkis

Jim hopes you keep an eye out the next time you are onboard the third ship in the Disney fleet.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Jim, if by "entertainment performers" you mean the main stage performers (and characters), they are actually on 8-month contracts. They spend two months rehearsing the shows in Toronto, then six months on-board. They typically have 1-2 weeks for "crossover" where the incoming cast gets to learn from the outgoing cast.

Unlike regular crew contracts, they don't get a "vacation" at the end of their contract, but except in rare cases have to audition again to get a new contract at some point in the future.

Thank you for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by wwwdrich View Post
    Jim, if by "entertainment performers" you mean the main stage performers (and characters), they are actually on 8-month contracts. They spend two months rehearsing the shows in Toronto, then six months on-board. They typically have 1-2 weeks for "crossover" where the incoming cast gets to learn from the outgoing cast.

Unlike regular crew contracts, they don't get a "vacation" at the end of their contract, but except in rare cases have to audition again to get a new contract at some point in the future.
    Thank you for the correction! I never mind being corrected so that the accurate information is out there. The performer I talked with may have misunderstood what I asked. The same information I printed also came from a former performer who was doing one of the on board presentations. However, your information seems more accurate especially since it more closely aligns with the contracts for performers at Walt Disney World. I KNOW about those contracts since I was a "friend" of Merlin for the Sword in the Stone ceremony and also a "friend" of Prospector Pat in Fronteirland among other things. Thanks for reading!