Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Snacks

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Snacks

My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Snacks by Chris Barry

Chris lists his favorite treats in Walt Disney World.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Not a fan of pickles, so that one would be out. And I've never been to either hotel. And when we toured World Showcase in 2008, it was very rainy (Tropical Storm Fay), so we didn't really take in any ambiance. We pretty much ran from spot to spot. But as soon as I read the title, my first thought was Mickey Premium Bars!

Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse

On my Disneyland visits in my youth, I'd just have to have a big pickle and a glass of ice cold apple cider - yummm! I love getting a glass of wine from the kiosk in France - who knew that the crepes right next door were so special? I'm gonna have to try one on my next visit. And you're absolutely right - a turkey leg is NOT a snack - it's a meal!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Not sure if this qualifies as a snack...but one of our favorites is Lafou's Brew! Since it is a frozen drink, it sure hits the spot on a hot and humid MK day!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

The crepe stand at France is a huge disappointment for me. They do not make the crepes fresh. In my experience they have a stack of pre-made crepes that they warm. Having been to France where they actually make crepes to order, it seems like a small adjustment. They literally take seconds for a skilled hand.

Hi Chris. I love your top 5's, and I totall agree with making the Mickey Premium bar #1 on the list. It is my go to snack.
    I think you've convinced me to try the ice cream crepes though when I'm in Epcot.

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

How did beignets not hit #1? I'm guessing becase they're not at a park. You have to go all the way to a resort to get them. But for me, they're the best. My fave at the WDW parks would definitely be the Vanilla Orange swirl in Adventureland. That always hits the spot. Wish they had it at DL.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm View Post
    Not a fan of pickles, so that one would be out. And I've never been to either hotel. And when we toured World Showcase in 2008, it was very rainy (Tropical Storm Fay), so we didn't really take in any ambiance. We pretty much ran from spot to spot. But as soon as I read the title, my first thought was Mickey Premium Bars!
    They seem to be everyone's favorite!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    On my Disneyland visits in my youth, I'd just have to have a big pickle and a glass of ice cold apple cider - yummm! I love getting a glass of wine from the kiosk in France - who knew that the crepes right next door were so special? I'm gonna have to try one on my next visit. And you're absolutely right - a turkey leg is NOT a snack - it's a meal!
    I do like a cold glass of apple cider, especially right around now in the Fall. I'm pretty sure they don't have that at WDW anywhere that I've seen.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    Not sure if this qualifies as a snack...but one of our favorites is Lafou's Brew! Since it is a frozen drink, it sure hits the spot on a hot and humid MK day!
    I think that would qualify. I was close to putting the milkshakes from Mrs. Pott's Cupboard in Fantasyland. Now it's called Storybook Treats. They make a great vanilla shake.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    The crepe stand at France is a huge disappointment for me. They do not make the crepes fresh. In my experience they have a stack of pre-made crepes that they warm. Having been to France where they actually make crepes to order, it seems like a small adjustment. They literally take seconds for a skilled hand.
    Certainly can't compare them to what I imagine you get in France, or even NYC for that matter. There's a crepe stand here in Manhattan in Bryant Park that has killer Nutella & banana crepes! But i still love the World Showcase crepes.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    Hi Chris. I love your top 5's, and I totall agree with making the Mickey Premium bar #1 on the list. It is my go to snack.
    I think you've convinced me to try the ice cream crepes though when I'm in Epcot.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    They take the sugar crepes and put a dollop of ice cream and some fresh whip cream on them...very nice!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    How did beignets not hit #1? I'm guessing becase they're not at a park. You have to go all the way to a resort to get them. But for me, they're the best. My fave at the WDW parks would definitely be the Vanilla Orange swirl in Adventureland. That always hits the spot. Wish they had it at DL.
    Hey Gator,

Had nothing to do with location. The beignets are super good, but like I said, there's just something about those Mickey bars! I felt the same way - perhaps stronger - about the Mickey Mouse milk chocolate bars that have disappeared. They were essentially just a milk chocolate bar, but they were the best milk chocolate bars anywhere and I haven't seen them on my last two trips.They were marked WDW and Disneyland. Has anybody seen them out west in Anaheim??

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    I do like a cold glass of apple cider, especially right around now in the Fall. I'm pretty sure they don't have that at WDW anywhere that I've seen.
    I don't think they have it at DL anymore, either. It used to be in two places - in the old market on Main Street and on Tom Sawyer Island back in the fort. But no more.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor