Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Doing Disneyland Solo

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Doing Disneyland Solo

Doing Disneyland Solo by Megan Walker

How to make the most out of going to the Happiest Place on Earth alone.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

When I got an AP, I knoew I'd be coming alone at times, but knew that would be fine based on the times I'd been alone if my family returned to the room earlier than me. A couple of SR comments. The Batterhorn does SR on both sides, although you may or may not have a choice when you ride. Also, SR on Soarin is not always a good plan since it's easier to fill all the seats than on many ride vehicles meaning you may save little if any time.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    ....... The Batterhorn does SR on both sides, although you may or may not have a choice when you ride. ....
    That nickname just made my morning. It's sad that it's so bad I really don't consider the ride fun anymore. They need to make it smoother someday soon!
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    That nickname just made my morning. It's sad that it's so bad I really don't consider the ride fun anymore. They need to make it smoother someday soon!
    The new portions of track are helping. I've also learned how to sit to be able to ride it back to back and still walk.
    Yes, SR goes to both sides, and like the regular line you can usually ask if you prefer a side.

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    When I got an AP, I knoew I'd be coming alone at times, but knew that would be fine based on the times I'd been alone if my family returned to the room earlier than me. A couple of SR comments. The Batterhorn does SR on both sides, although you may or may not have a choice when you ride. Also, SR on Soarin is not always a good plan since it's easier to fill all the seats than on many ride vehicles meaning you may save little if any time.
    As much as I love the Batterhorn, and have learned how to wedge myself in, it really needs to just have all the track removed and put in new technology. I understand the historical significance of the track, but come on. Really let's just level it and start from scratch. They could make such an awesome ride out of it.
    ------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    As much as I love the Batterhorn, and have learned how to wedge myself in, it really needs to just have all the track removed and put in new technology. I understand the historical significance of the track, but come on. Really let's just level it and start from scratch. They could make such an awesome ride out of it.
    The part that puzzles me is it was pretty fair before the renovation with the new sleds. Those sleds seem to be what doesn't get along with the new track.

I'll keep trying on future visits, I am sure, but once was enough for me in January. (while I went on Hyperspace Mountain I think 5 times! )
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    The part that puzzles me is it was pretty fair before the renovation with the new sleds. Those sleds seem to be what doesn't get along with the new track.)
    They said, last year, that the new sleds are way heavier than the prior cuddle seat sleds. To the point they had to replace parts of the track that were cracked from the weight. I believe this is why we get so much wetter when hitting the brake section at the bottom.
    For me, sitting upright, not leaning back (when I lean into the backrest, it rolls me onto my tailbone), and loosely holding the bar in front of me helps immensely. Sitting on my sweatshirt helps as well, padding. I was complaining the loudest about the new sleds the day Matterhorn reopened in 2012.

Just realized I typo'ed my post (edit window expired), so just in case someone calls out what might be an error, I didn't mean to say new track, just new sleds.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    They said, last year, that the new sleds are way heavier than the prior cuddle seat sleds. To the point they had to replace parts of the track that were cracked from the weight. I believe this is why we get so much wetter when hitting the brake section at the bottom.
    For me, sitting upright, not leaning back (when I lean into the backrest, it rolls me onto my tailbone), and loosely holding the bar in front of me helps immensely. Sitting on my sweatshirt helps as well, padding. I was complaining the loudest about the new sleds the day Matterhorn reopened in 2012.
    That weight part with the water makes sense to me.

Just like I know it's going to be a soaked ride on Splash when I'm in the front seat and 3 or 4 other 6' adults (some probably at or near my 250 lbs) fill out the rest of the log behind me!
    -Dave

Yep, same reason I always sit in back on Splash.