Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for October 21 - 27, 2013
    DCA celebrates Oktoberfest | Disney Magic's makover delayed; DCL cancels debut cruise | New role for Napa Rose chef Andrew Sutton | Disneyland removes in-park pin trading tables | This and that... | Question of the Week | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

You're a bit behind the times. Flik's Flyers has been closed for more than a week for refurbishment. Photos showing it closed and surrounded by construction walls were posted elsewhere last Monday.

M*A*R

Congratulations to Andrew Sutton on his promotion. I thought it was interesting, though, that Blue Bayou isn't part of his responsibilites. If someone asked me what restaurants in the Resort I would consider to be the signature restaurants, I would have added that one to the list.

I recently dined at Carthay Circle, Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55. Even though I enjoyed them all, I had the best meal and the best time at Steakhouse 55.

BTW, has the Carrousel finally reopened?

John

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schnebs View Post
    I thought it was interesting, though, that Blue Bayou isn't part of his responsibilites. If someone asked me what restaurants in the Resort I would consider to be the signature restaurants, I would have added that one to the list.
    I've usually found Blue Bayou to be style over substance. I've had one really great meal there, and otherwise, it's just been good, but I've found it lacking. I think the appeal of Blue Bayou is its location. If you took it out of Pirates and placed it elsewhere on property, I don't think it would survive on its own. I'm surprised that Steakhouse 55 isn't considered a signature restaurant, but I'm really surprised that Club 33, a location that's not available to the general public, is considered a signature restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    BTW, has the Carrousel finally reopened?
    No, the scaffolding and walls were still up yesterday (Sunday).
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

You have listed that with GetAwayToday a 3-day PH is $245 but on their website it is $255, unless I'm doing something wrong. GAT also lists it as a bonus PH. Anyone know what that means?