Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Serving Up the Breakfast Question: Which Disneyland Resort Hotel?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Serving Up the Breakfast Question: Which Disneyland Resort Hotel?

Serving Up the Breakfast Question: Which Disneyland Resort Hotel? by Megan Walker

A look at your first meal of the day options at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

If we're parkstorming, we usually do a quick breakfast in the room. If we're at the DLH, I get coffee and a bagel at the Coffee House and bring it back for my boyfriend and me (I'm usually the first one ready to zoom in the AM). If we're at the GCH, I do the same from White Water Snacks. On our departure day, depending on when our flight is, we usually do a table service breakfast. We have done Tangaroa Terrace and have enjoyed it and we're anxious to try the breakfast at Steakhouse 55 (our all time favorite DLR restaurant). We avoid character meals like the plague.

John

I've had a chance to do all three character breakfasts. Honestly, we're more pre-package breakfast eaters, so we're not big on HUGE breakfasts. And that's probably why we've done Goofy's Kitchen the twice, as we can do meals other than breakfast there. However, our favorite of the three has definitely been Mickey's Surfs Up Breakfast. With Mickey there, it makes that character meal the best. Storyteller's was definitely the most disappointing - it didn't seem very festive at all, and we didn't have real good luck with the characters.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I haven't been there since they've changed the menu, but I really like Steakhouse 55 for breakfast. Nice atmosphere, but they have the lights turned up in the daytime, so it's not quite as intimidating as it can be with the dinner lighting.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Great Article....Early Morning entries are key to your visit if you only get to go once in a while but if you are there for three or four days....sleeping in one morning and having a leisurely breakfast is amazing as well. Great guide to all of the breakfasts and NOW I'm hungry for breakfast there....I have also heard that CHIP AND DALE lead the critter breakfast now at Story Tellers so I'm sure it will rise in popularity over the next year. Keep an eye on that...I have gone to the parks with kids and a character meal is a must do! Adults sit and relax and drink coffee/cocktails/beverage of choice while kids meet characters.....saved many a trip. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I haven't been there since they've changed the menu, but I really like Steakhouse 55 for breakfast.
    I saw someone note that all the prices have shot up.

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    ....I have also heard that CHIP AND DALE lead the critter breakfast now at Story Tellers so I'm sure it will rise in popularity over the next year. Keep an eye on that...
    I don't get this move. Chip and Dale area already there, at Goofy's and at Minnie's in the park. Maybe they should throw in Donald or another character. Seems like more of the same.
    Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    I have also heard that CHIP AND DALE lead the critter breakfast now at Story Tellers
    I'm confused - Chip and Dale have been the theme of the Storytellers' breakfast for as long as I can remember, so it's not new. We always liked getting a new button from the location with the two of them on it every year. They have also had Koda and Kenai from "Brother Bear" there as well, though it's been 2 or 3 years since we last had breakfast there.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I'm confused - Chip and Dale have been the theme of the Storytellers' breakfast for as long as I can remember, so it's not new. We always liked getting a new button from the location with the two of them on it every year. They have also had Koda and Kenai from "Brother Bear" there as well, though it's been 2 or 3 years since we last had breakfast there.
    They have always been there. We did it when our now 15 yr old was about 3 yrs old I want to say. We were disappointed in it. It only had one of them there and I want to say Pluto. There was no other characters at all the whole time we were there. While we have done Goofy's for dinner before around that same time frame and they had a bunch. Then we did the Princess one that was in the park and had a bunch. We did Surf's Up a couple years ago when we did a staycation at Paradise Pier. We had a late reservation though and there wasn't many in there at the time. I didn't feel the server was to happy with being there. Pluto never came around to us and we had seen him on the other side of the room. Yet I have to say it didn't even matter because Stitch and Daisy alone were the best ever! They were a blast to be around and super entertaining. They came around a few times by us. If I was to do one again for breakfast I would probably do that one again though still. The food to me has always been similar in all the locations so I never found that to be an issue with breakfast.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"