Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Is It Worth It? The Blue Bayou's Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Is It Worth It? The Blue Bayou's Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package

Is It Worth It? The Blue Bayou's Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package by Megan Walker

An overview of the Disneyland Park dining package and if you should spend the money.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I wish more people would just say no to these naked cash grabs. If you want to eat at the BB, by all means do. It's a great place. But, unless you're totally hung up on seeing the MSEP from Main St, it's easy to get a great spot for the 2nd parade. I got curbside at the last minute on a night so crowded that they announced that no viewing areas were available for the 1st parade 20 minutes before it started. Unprecedented in my experience, but still easy pickings for the 2nd. At least try to see these upcharge things for shows/parades/etc as Splurges, NOT Necessities.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

I booked this package for me, my Mom and Aunt for my Mom's birthday. With the prices at the Blue Bayou being what they are, there really isn't that much upcharge, especially if you order the more expensive food like the ribeye. And the food is great, the location is awesome and it's a cool, dark place to sit when it's hot outside. It was completely worth it for us, especially when it came with a benefit of having a place for my mom and aunt to sit during the parade. Was it a splurge? Of course, but Blue Bayou would have been that anyway.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The lanyard is the same as what we received for the premiere party.

And do you really get seating for the parade? As in, chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    At least try to see these upcharge things for shows/parades/etc as Splurges, NOT Necessities.
    I don't know that anyone thinks it's a necessity. It's a convenience if you are able and willing to spend the money on it. Some people might not be able to stay late enough for the second parade, and some people might not want to risk having to look for a good spot to watch the parade if they really want to make sure to see it.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Does the AP discount apply to this Dining Package?

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    And do you really get seating for the parade? As in, chairs?
    They did. I got the nice, plush sidewalk.

And yes, you get an AP discount for the package. Mine was 15% because of my pass.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I have to correct myself. The lanyard is similar to what we got at the premiere party, but it's not exactly the same. Well, the light-up lanyard itself might be the same, but the hanging tag isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by H20loo View Post
    They did. I got the nice, plush sidewalk.
    OK, confused. So your mom and aunt got chairs, but you sat on the sidewalk? So there aren't chairs for everyone? To me, that would make a huge difference in deciding whether to book a package.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

My mom and aunt got the available benches in the area because they both have mobility issues. I am young and healthy (sort of), so I got the sidewalk. The seating is not guaranteed, though. It just happens to be in the area that's roped off.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

OK, that makes sense. Then I think the article is wrong in saying that the dining package includes reserved seating for the parade and should be fixed. Someone could read that and book it because it says seating is included and it's something they need, only to find out there is in fact no seating available for someone who needs it.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The lanyard is similar to what we got at the premiere party, but it's not exactly the same. Well, the light-up lanyard itself might be the same, but the hanging tag isn't.
    Does anybody know if you get a similar lanyard if you book the Aladdin's Oasis On-The-Go Package? I have read that their viewing area is over by small world, and it would be a nice souvenir to get a MSEP lanyard for it as well.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021