Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mouse Flicks: Mouse Flicks: Tarzan Used to Rock!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Mouse Flicks: Mouse Flicks: Tarzan Used to Rock!

Mouse Flicks: Tarzan Used to Rock! by Mike Morizio

Take the Wayback Machine to the year 2000 and visit the Animal Kingdom's 'Tarzan Rocks!'

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I loved this show; the energy and action were contagious. I also really enjoyed the aerial ballet parts. The band could get a little 'operatic' at times for a Rock show but overall the music was enjoyable. I still think Tarzan Rocks fit the 'Animal Kingdom' theme much better than Nemo (who also has a large presence in Epcot so did they need a second?). Don't get me wrong, I love the Nemo show, but not at the expense of Tarzan Rocks. I was more disappointed that they (duck and cover) didn't retire the Lion King show; I know it's wildly popular but personally I can't stand it. Thanks for the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by marclichon View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Nemo show, but not at the expense of Tarzan Rocks. I was more disappointed that they (duck and cover) didn't retire the Lion King show; I know it's wildly popular but personally I can't stand it.
    I have to agree. I'm not a big fan of the Lion King show - there's just not a lot of substance there. And while I like the Nemo show, I really miss Tarzan Rocks. Well, right up to the point where Terk got the crowd singing along - that was really lame. But the ariel ballet was just a beautiful segment. And the singers and musicians made for a totally stirring concert!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks Mr. Peabody and Sherman. However, I wished you had used your 3D BB to go further back in time to the first show that played at that theater. It was the Jungle Book, and honestly, I thought it was far better than Tarzan Rocks--notwithstanding the very difficult stunts/acrobatic acts played out in Tarzan. I saw it when it was in previews as a Disney Cast Member. The masks for the characters had not yet been completed, so they performed with just their faces. When the masks arrived, the audience response was that they liked it better with faces. They had a really good cast. You can see part I here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGoVDd4Lb0

On another note, it is true that in recent years, 2010 and 2011 the attendance was higher at DAK than at the Studios. But if I recall correctly, the attendance has been better at the Studios in all the years prior since DAK opened. And while I don't have any current data to back me up, I believe that people who attend the Studios still stay longer and spend more in that park than they do at DAK. I like DAK, but I would not say it is more popular than the Studios.

And...all of them have always substantially trumped Islands of Adventure and Universal!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to say that I always enjoyed Tarzan Rocks. It was a great show that was very entertaining. I like Nemo, and it is great in its own right. There was something "Cirque" about TR that made it a bit more thrilling to watch.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!