Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for August 10-16, 2015

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for August 10-16, 2015

Disneyland Resort Update for August 10-16, 2015 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

New official Disneyland app | 2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend registration | Happiest Haunts tour details | Starbucks Evenings | Presenting the 2015-2016 MousePlanet Community Calendar | This and that... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Does anyone know if there's an event happening on September 10th? Disneyland's website says that Disneyland is closing that evening at 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by missbree View Post
    Does anyone know if there's an event happening on September 10th? Disneyland's website says that Disneyland is closing that evening at 5pm.
    Without looking, if that is midweek, it could be a corporate event, or it could be an AP event that hasn't been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by missbree View Post
    Based on the holiday overlay dates of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, I'm presuming that Disney is closing early on September 10th in order to give the park The Full Halloween Treatment, nothing more.

Haunted Mansion – closed August 24 through September 10 for installation of Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay.
    Space Mountain – closed September 7–10 for installation of the Ghost Galaxy overlay.

Is there a place to go back and view the Disneyland Updates as a list again?

Looks like the new page style is a bunch of icons.

When I am doing research for a trip it was really nice to go and see a long list of the past years. It was easier to navigate than just seeing 10 or so date periods on a page

Thanks

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Greetings. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the information about Tower of Terror and California Screamin being closed the week of sept 7th came from? My wife and I booked a disney vacation several weeks ago for our anniversary that week and those are our 2 favorite rides. Them being closed pretty much puts a damper on the whole trip at this point and were thinking about changing our trip dates.

Its not listed on the disney calendar and after speaking with a rep he stated that if its not on the calendar its not scheduled to be closed. Yeah I get thats what they are supposed to say, but is there any validity to those rides being closed?

Refurb dates here on MP come from CM publications, I believe, or Travel Agent calendars sent out. They strive to verify them before publishing them.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormad View Post
    Greetings. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the information about Tower of Terror and California Screamin being closed the week of sept 7th came from? My wife and I booked a disney vacation several weeks ago for our anniversary that week and those are our 2 favorite rides. Them being closed pretty much puts a damper on the whole trip at this point and were thinking about changing our trip dates.

Its not listed on the disney calendar and after speaking with a rep he stated that if its not on the calendar its not scheduled to be closed. Yeah I get thats what they are supposed to say, but is there any validity to those rides being closed?
    I added a note to our refurbishment calendar last week saying that the Tower of Terror closure was not confirmed, because I have conflicting information. One official Disney source lists that refurbishment and another does not, and I've been unable to verify which is correct. The Screamin' closure was a similar situation. As of now, both closures have been removed from all of my sources, so I would consider them off.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I added a note to our refurbishment calendar last week saying that the Tower of Terror closure was not confirmed, because I have conflicting information. One official Disney source lists that refurbishment and another does not, and I've been unable to verify which is correct. The Screamin' closure was a similar situation. As of now, both closures have been removed from all of my sources, so I would consider them off.
    AVP did you happen to see my question about having the option of a list view for the historical park updates like you used to see?

When using for future planning it just seemed a lot easier to see the dates in a line format
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney