Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turning 63 With the Mouse - A WDW Trip Report

Sorry it took forever to finish!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

Obviously I meant Skyliner. I know Skyrider wasn't right, but didn't have the energy to look it up!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    My last evening was back in Epcot to see the new show -

........................ Stuffed and happy, I sauntered around to the Coral Reef for a few martinis, then out to the World Showcase for the debut of Epcot Forever. I really enjoyed this show - not nearly as much as IllumiNations, but still a well done show. And that's the end of the day.
    Great report and pics as always! One question though - Martinis at Coral Reef? Isn't that normally at Rose and Crown for your routine?

I liked the new show too. While I've only seen it once so far, I initially think it's pretty good and might really hold to the "good view from any spot around the lagoon" idea. (I always thought IllumiNations was better from somewhere in the front half of the circle, just my opinion)
    -Dave

Sorry it took forever to finish!
    No apology necessary! The taking the effort to write one up is good enough, at least in my book! (I have taken notes probably almost all of my trips, but never prioritized doing a decent trip report.... maybe someday.)
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Great report and pics as always! One question though - Martinis at Coral Reef? Isn't that normally at Rose and Crown for your routine?
    Good catch! Yeah, Rose & Crown is Martini Central!!!
    - James Taylor

I really need to try a scotch egg. Everytime I see one of your pictures of one, I tell myself I have to go get one. Then I get to Epcot and forget all about it.

Don't forget - you won't be sorry!

- James Taylor

I tried one after seeing one of Dan's pics too. They are really tasty.

Not good for me, I am sure, but they taste really good!

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    I really need to try a scotch egg. Everytime I see one of your pictures of one, I tell myself I have to go get one. Then I get to Epcot and forget all about it.
    They are super easy to make if you want to try - they are a semi-regular holiday or once in a great while dish in our home, albeit I don't eat them, but my husband & sons LOVE them.

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    They are super easy to make if you want to try - they are a semi-regular holiday or once in a great while dish in our home, albeit I don't eat them, but my husband & sons LOVE them.
    I have been looking at recipes online. I think I may have to try to make some to enjoy during Thanksgiving football!

Enjoyed your report. As always thanks for sharing.

Happy to do so!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    With inspiration from Dan's pics, I ended up making some scotch eggs for Thanksgiving. They turned out awesome. Loved them. Definitely going to have to try to get into Rose and Crown and try their's out when we go in January.

Oh good - glad it worked out for you!
    As of yesterday they are on our Christmas Day menu

Glad to see I'm such a culinary inspiration!

- James Taylor

It was fun reading your report. Nice photos you have there as well.

Thanks, samgreg. These days I do 'em more for myself than anything - glad others enjoy the read!

- James Taylor

You won't be sorry - Dr. Falls knows what he's doing!
    Hey Dan, we just got back from Christmas week at WDW (Our first time ever at that time of year) and we did go to Skipper Canteen on Monday the 23rd. My Dr. Falls Steak did not look anything like the one in your picture. It was kind of limp and a little less than warm. The other stuff it was sitting on was kind of hard to identify. I did not send it back and overall it was ok but I was disappointed as your picture had me really looking forward to something special.
    Oh well, we also had a less than stellar meal at California Grill which is amazing to me. Prior to this trip it had become my favorite restaurant in the world. Boma was still awesome.

Well, that pic was really the way my steak was - not photoshopped or anything. So you just had some bad luck. A bad meal at the CG, however - inconceivable!!!

- James Taylor

Well, that pic was really the way my steak was - not photoshopped or anything. So you just had some bad luck. A bad meal at the CG, however - inconceivable!!!
    Yea, I will try the Dr. Falls steak again next time. And I won't order the Grilled Pork at California Grill again. I will stick with the Oak Fired Filet. Have never gone wrong ordering that. And we had the spicy beef appetizer and that was great.

That beef filet is so good that it's the only thing I ever have at the CG!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Food and view at Toledo looks awesome. I will have to give this place a try.
    So Dan I gave Toledo a try on Saturday when we arrived. We liked it so much that we canceled our reservation at Art Smiths for Tuesday and made another reservation at Toledo. Started off with drinks at the bar, wine with dinner. Had a garlic shrimp appetizer and I had a black grouper for the entree. Finished with the same chocolate dessert that you had. Service and food was excellent.

Always listen to the chunky guy when it comes to good food!

- James Taylor

What a fun report to read... my hubby especially enjoyed the pics of meat! I don't know your history, so forgive me if this is a dumb question: why was this your first trip to EPCOT not seeing your own face?

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

Hope Dan's OK. Looks like he hasn't posted in around a month or a little more.

-Dave