Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Hmmm, I see that Sunday is National Ice Cream Day...guess I'll have to work some ice cream into my ADR's.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    Hmmm, I see that Sunday is National Ice Cream Day...guess I'll have to work some ice cream into my ADR's.
    I would recommend the No Way Jose Sundae from Beaches and Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    I would recommend the No Way Jose Sundae from Beaches and Cream.
    Looks good, but I'm already hopping from MK to DAK and back to MK that day, not sure if I want to jump over to Epcot area too, but maybe. Beaches and Cream was the first thing that jumped into my head when I saw it was Ice Cream Day.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Dole Whip in Adventureland...

Yeah, that may be a good compromise. But I just noticed if I wait one day it will be National Peach Ice Cream Day.

If I was there a week later I'd hit National Tequila Day and have to spend the afternoon in La Cava del Taquila.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    Yeah, that may be a good compromise. But I just noticed if I wait one day it will be National Peach Ice Cream Day.

If I was there a week later I'd hit National Tequila Day and have to spend the afternoon in La Cava del Taquila.
    So many choices! Heck, I would settle for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar right now.

Hey all! I'm headed on a trip in 6 days and I've only made one ADR! ...But it's just a two night trip and the ADR I've made is the only one we truly require: Victoria & Albert's for night #1. On the second night, we're going to be eating quick service during Mickey's Not So Scary.

My question for the group: We should be arriving at Grand Floridian in time for a late lunch somewhere, and we're trying to play it by ear based on you my SO feels. I know her first choice is Morimoto if we can make it to Disney Springs before dying of hunger. If we can't make it to Morirmoto becasue she's getting "hangry" by the time we make it to the hotel, where else should we go? What would be your first choice of walk-in friendly lunch choices near the monorail/seven seas lagoon? Keep in mind we'll be hitting V&A just 6 hours later so we're probably trying to keep it light and not ruin our appetites!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a magical day everyone!

I just read a pretty good review of the Grand Floridan Cafe on another site. Good food, decent prices, and always easy to get a rez.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Off topic but wanted to check in with Dan

Are you near the storm path? Do you have somewhere safe to go?

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Off topic but wanted to check in with Dan

Are you near the storm path? Do you have somewhere safe to go?
    Hoping Dan is OK too. If the location he has with his profile is accurate, it looks like he is much closer to Dallas/FW rather than anywhere near the coast in the Houston area (casual review of Google Earth looks like Irving is almost 300 miles inland from the Gulf).

On Topic:
    Got Coral Reef for lunch one day for my last minute F&W trip in around 5 weeks. Been there twice before, but it's been around 3 years and a recent article here prompted me to decide to do it again.

Still considering others. Thinking of trying The Boathouse, Bongos or maybe STK at Disney Springs the night I fly in. (all are new to me)

Considered Olivia's Cafe at OKW (also would be new for me) for a breakfast ADR, but the item that specifically interested me in their Gallery photos (Conch Republic Omelet) doesn't seem to be on the actual menu anymore, so I'm probably not going to pursue that (other offerings looked more generic). I guess the Gallery and Menu are out of sync, which I'm sure happens from time to time, but this is the first time I bumped into it for something of interest.
    Last edited by Dave1313; 08-26-2017 at 05:29 AM.
    -Dave

Yeah from what I recall Dan is safe up north. My brother is in San Antonio expecting more rain and 50mph gusting today.

Glad to hear Dan is further away from the coast. Nick hope your brother is ok

Dave we had dinner at Coral Reef in April, after not having been there for years, and we were very happy. I think they liked us because we asked to sit farther back and a lot of the groups ahead of us wanted right on the glass. We were on the dinning plan and our server even let us swap a dessert for a salad.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Glad to hear Dan is further away from the coast. Nick hope your brother is ok

Dave we had dinner at Coral Reef in April, after not having been there for years, and we were very happy. I think they liked us because we asked to sit farther back and a lot of the groups ahead of us wanted right on the glass. We were on the dinning plan and our server even let us swap a dessert for a salad.
    We did Coral Reef in December and it was excellent.

Thanks for the concern, but I'm safely in the DFW area. We might get some rainfall later next week, but the worst of it will be long over before it reaches us.

- James Taylor

Our first ADR is the California Grill. Every single time they hit a home run. Fantastic place to eat and the view is incredible.

Narcosees
    Celebration at the Top
    Fireworks Dessert
    STK Orlando
    Tusker House

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Our first ADR is the California Grill. Every single time they hit a home run. Fantastic place to eat and the view is incredible.
    My favorite restaurant on the planet!
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I am pretty positive that the first time we tried it was after reading one of your trip reports Dan. We love your love of WDW and the way you write about it. Thank you so very much! Chuck.

And we've still never eaten there! I'll have to talk with Joey about pulling a Dan...

Only good things happen when you pull a Dan!

- James Taylor

Only good things happen when you pull a Dan!
    Well, I did go to WDW on my birthday this year, and switched jobs for a fifty percent raise after that...

See what happens when you do it right?

- James Taylor

Well I don't start there until Tuesday, but it was a glorious four and a half months of not working for an arrogant buffooness any more, with a bonus Flower and Garden trip thrown in for good measure.

Back in 2014 I spent a few months out of work. Didn't interfere with my WDW trips at all!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung;1958 Dr697
    Back in 2014 I spent a few months out of work. Didn't interfere with my WDW trips at all!
    Wow, has it been that long already? Time flies when you're planning WDW trips! Only bad part of this move is that with cheaper airfare I might decide to go more frequently!