Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got a question about DLP ?

Smile

If you have a question about DLP, let me try to answer it for you.

I will have a look at this thread frequently and try to reply as soon as I can.

Or email me direct at ian@mouseplanet.com

2. # ADS

Mister Knowledge Person
    If you have a question about DLP, let me try to answer it for you

As a person who lives close enough only to travel from DL a couple times every ten years, let me be the first to ask:

Can we trade Space Mountains? Really? Okay. Great. Thanks.

No way :-))

Mike,

Sorry but I would like to keep our Space Mountain.

It is very good and streets ahead of the rest of the SM's around the world.

It's so smooth and with 3 inversions, great fun.

When I rode SM in Disneyland earlier this year, I thought I was going to be shaken to pieces, it is so rough !!! I could only ride it once and keep my health intact.

Ian

Mister Knowledge Person

Really? Is that so?

I've heard from other sites and the like that DLP's SM is getting shakier and rougher each year, with comments like "well you can expect those kind of problems out of all Vekoma rides"

I was a little unsure how it was holding up anymore.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I, too, would love to trade Space Mountains. But I do think that the Paris one was pretty shaky. Maybe the super-padded headrests work for some people, but I got off that ride thinking my ears had been boxed and looking for tylenol. The first ride wasn't so bad, but the second time - ouch!

Of course, the coaster had been 101 on and off both days we were there, so perhaps the track never got the chance to "warm up". I did love the ride, though.

Three inversions? I only counted 2 - loop and roll. No matter, it was worth the headache!

Adrienne VP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

3 Inversions I think

I'm only going off the info I have read about the ride which says :-

"guests experience a high speed roller coaster in semi darkness which includeds 3 inversions, a loop, barrel roll and tongue loop"

The 'tongue loop' is near the end, I have also heard it is refered to as a 'camel back'.

I love the music, and on the whole with very few exceptions it works all the time, which is good.

Ian

How much does Euro Disneyland charge for annual passports ?

AP Prices

There are 3 types of Annual Passport for Paris :-

Francillien which is for Paris residents only, has about 40 blackout days and during the summer entry only after 17:00. Price 495FF (on offer at the moment for 395FF)

The next is the Classic AP, available for anyone, has blackout days. Price 695FF

The best is the Fantasia AP, no blackouts, 10% discount on food and shopping, 5% - 10% on accomodation, free parking, free entry to Hurricans disco, Price 1095FF.
    You also get a discount voucher for the day you buy the ticket, it gives you 20% off shopping and food (but for that day only) You also get 2 vouchers to get 4 normal entry tickets with 10% off.

I hope that helps

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

DLP is also offering an additional special right now for people who purchase more than one annual pass at a time.

- Purchase two passes, save 5% off the total.
    - Purchase three passes, save 10% off the total.
    - Purchase four or more passes, save 15% off the total.

Not a bad deal, as it saved Adrienne and me 5% when we bought ours two weeks ago.

Tony

Re: No way :-))

It's so smooth and with 3 inversions, great fun.

When did you last ride it?

i rode it back in December just before Christmas and it was awful!
    I am a coaster nut, I could quite easily spend all day sitting on a good coaster riding over and over again but one ride on SM was enough for my entre 5 day visit.
    It was the roughest coaster I have been on for years and gave you a real headache to ride.
    I first rode it a couple of years back and it wasnt too bad then but by the time I visited last June it had deteriorated. By Christmas it had got worse.
    I worry for the Rock n Roller coaster as it's also being built by the same Dutch builders Verkoma who have a terible reputation for rough coasters. I found the original in Orlando to be a bit rough back in 99 but that was after I had idden the ultra smooth B&M coasters at Busch and IOA. I'll let you know if it's got worse when I ride again in September.
    If only Eisner would buy his coasters from B&M and give the wonderful themed buildings the coasters they deserve rather than buying cheaper models, then we would have truly magnificent rides.

Smile

How much would a 2 week stay at Euro Disneyland / a.k.a. Disneyland Paris cost ?

I plan to visit for summer 2002 for about 2 weeks.

Difficult question

How many people, ages, etc
    Disney Hotel or not, if Yes what quality ?

There are a lot of variables, but for one person staying in a Disney medium price hotel, with entry tickets, food included. I would allow $225 a day !!!

I love the place, despite my negative feelings towards Space Mountain.
    I cant see how anyone would need 2 weeks there though unless they used it as a base to explore Paris and the rest of the reigion. Then it would be very expensive place to base yourself.
    I stayed at the Santa Fe back in December on a 4 night stay which gives you 5 days at the park. For me that is just right and at that time of year they usualy do a 4 nights for the price of 3 promotion and the park is vey quiet. That for me is the pefect stay.
    I think it cost around 400 fo my wife and daughter and I, we paid 60 each to fly from Stanstead.

Where can I get a copy of the Toon Circus song ?

Is it on a Disney CD ?

A Toon Circus Music CD is on sale in the Park.
    It contains the Parade Song and the Performance Music.

Disney's Toon Circus
    The Wonderful World of Disney
    Main Street Electrical
    Fantillusion

Why does Euro Disneyland have so many parades ?

Disneyland only has one and it really sucks

Well we don't quite have all the one's you have listed.

We do have a 'full parade' called The Wonderful World of Disney Parade, which runs once a day, sometimes twice. This has recently replaced the ImagiNations parade which was not very popular with the guests.

The Toon Circus parade / show is not much of a parade at all really. It is more of a show that they hold 3 or 4 times a day in Main Street. It can only be counted as a parade because it has to go down the parade route to get into position. To be honest as a parade it is pretty poor as it moves very quickly and has only 3 floats so it's short. As a show I suppose it's OK.

We do have MSEP at the moment, but we don't have Fantilusion. We will be getting Fantilusion next year but when we do we will loose MSEP.

So we have 2 real parades at the moment and a short of show / parade thing !!!

I suppose it's better than just one parade. I did like the one at DL though. I thought it was really nice to have so many guests in the parade. It must really make a visit to DL so special for all those taking part and their friends and family

Whoa!

If MSEP is leaving next year, will they use some of the floats in California Adenture ( the original Disneyland MSEP lost its Pinocchio section ) or will they just send the parade back to Walt Disney World ?

What would they do with it ?

That's a good question. I'm not sure what will happen to MSEP from Paris once it is finished. Maybe it will put into storage and sent to Hong Kong ?

I don't expect it will make it's way back to DL though or WDW unless they are desperate.

Does Euro Disney and the other Disney parks keep up with their refurbishments ?

Out here, Disneyland for some odd reason, gets neglected all too often and rehabs don't happen until the attraction is no longer operational ( at least that's how it seems )

I'm sorry to say that the maintenance in Paris is just as poor as that in Disneyland.

There are some areas that are desperately in need of repair, before they fall down. The Pizza Outpost in Adventureland, is in very bad shape, and only seems to get enough work doen to it to stop it falling apart.

Unhappy

Which land needs the biggest rehab ?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by parky_in_paris
    I'm sorry to say that the maintenance in Paris is just as poor as that in Disneyland.
    As much as I loved DLP, I have to agree with Ian on this. I remember saying several times "I'm glad Al's not here" or "Wow - and Al thinks we've got it bad"

There's also a general difference in cleanliness standards. I have photos of a popcorn cart that was surrounded by litter - napkins, popcorn, a drink cup. This was 20 minutes after rope drop. I honestly believe the litter had remained there overnight. The Cast Member was just standing there, eating popcorn directly out of the serving bin with his bare hands. He didn't appear all that concerned that the litter was there. We experienced the same types of thing at several restaurants while we were on property.

Adrienne VP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

As to which land needs a rehab, it's a difficult question.
    They have been doing small rehabs here and there to some rides / buildings, etc.

Main Street is OK and the Station is being worked on at the moment.

Discoveryland is looking a bit tired, especially the outside of the Videopolis and Timekeeper buildings.

It's a Small World really needs a coat of paint on the outside it is damaged and very pale / faded. The rest of Fantasyland is being touched up, but not to the standard we would expect.

Adventureland could probably do with the most work, the Treehouse is dirty and damaged and the Pizza Outpost is a disgrace.

Frontierland has had a recent makeover in some areas (flooring only) The worst thing here is the poor state of Phantom Manor on the outside. I know it should look old, but it is very damaged and the old look is real, not part of the theme.

refurbishments

Joe Rasulo the ,new Eurodisney CEO, is a Disney man from 12 years unlike the 2 former CEOs before him who whore more financial guys, therefore we can hope that with the new fiscal plan for 2002 he will be giving the park(s) the needed attention and care.
    The difference between Jay Rasulo and Philipe bourguignone (former CEO) can be already seen in the desperate attempt made in adding (swithching) the location of the new alladin ride from Adventureland to the studios in front of the Animation tour.
    I would also bet on a 3D movie (Bugs or Muppets) and a paly area (Honey I shrunk the kids) to open before the end of the first operationg year!
    People have seen the blue "hight testiing" ballons behind the studios probably in a similar location to where we could hope for the Twirlight Zone tower of Terror.
    Refurbishments have been made to the whole Fantasyland during the easter holidays and there is talk of tourning the tree house into a tarzan treehouse like Disneyland!
    Also consider that one of the first moves doen by new managment was to repalce the boring (to many) immaginations parde with toon circus and the Disney parade!
    Therefore further profe of the attention given to refurbishments, care, detail and attention vcan be seen in the new managmente style adopted by Jay Rasulo!
    TTFN Tatafornow