Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Boat Parade Thingy [Electrical Water Pageant][merged]

Boat Parade Thingy [Electrical Water Pageant][merged]

Thanks to reading these boards, I know there is a lighted boat parade that happens on the main lake at WDW. I have heard it most often referenced as being watched from the Polynesian. Does it go by Fort Wilderness as well? And does anyone know the approximate times in November? I would like to surprise the family with this (since I know about it and they don't). I think they might get a kick out of it. Also, can you see the MK fireworks from the Fort Wilderness part of the lake and do they pipe in the music? Thanks!

2. # ADS

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

It's called the Electrical Water Pageant, and you can find out more by searching the WDW forums with that phrase.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

How big is this now?

The last time I saw this parade at the World (1990), it was only 4-5 floats. Not worth a trip out to see just that. It was o.k., if you were already there doing something else. Has this blossomed to something much bigger? Is it worth waiting for after a dinner near the Seven Seas Lagoon?
    Laura

Boat thing

We saw it in June at around 9:30-10:00 pm. The times would vary based on the season. It was a parade with lighted animals (with music) and it was about seven or eight boats/animals long. The boats appeared to be barges, with a frame from which the lights were hung in the shape of an octopus, whale, etc. Each one lit up after a brief delay, and then the whole shebang went to the end of the lagoon. We saw it from the boat dock at WDW waiting to catch the boat back to Wilderness Lodge. It was fun, but not really worth going out of our way for--it did keep everyone amused while waiting to get back to the Wilderness Lodge.

Theresa

hmmm [Electrical Water Pageant]

When I was a kid there was this show(?) on the water at night. It consisted of these light up things that seemed to come out of the water, almost like signs that were lit.
    Keep in mind I was about 7, but I remember being on a boat back to our resort and seeing these cool things all lit up on the water. I think it was set to music as we floated along but I'm not SURE about that. I was wondering what this was and IF it's still there

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes it is!!! It's called the Electrical Water Pageant that arrives around 9pm on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake...you can watch it from several different areas surrounding the Lagoon...and if you can catch a ferry boat ride from the Magic Kingdom to the Poly or the Grand Floridian sometime during your trip, it's very cool to watch right on the water!!!

Stephanie

Smile

Great! I would love to see it again THANKS!!

We watched it every evening while sitting and watching the kids swim at the Poly.. It is a cute show, but don't think I'd make a special trip over for it. But if your there to eat or staying it is worth doing as it isn't more then about 20 mins..

we just returned from Ft Wilderness and this parade does go by FW every night at 9:40. You can walk out to the beach at the Settlement post and see it!

Blog Entries

Sooo....we are planning on having supper at the Poly, watching Wishes from the beach, and were then going to hang out until the pageant went by. However...with all the talk of watching it from the ferry I have become rather curious about something. Although MK will be closed when we want to leave the Poly (shortly after Wishes) can we catch a boat back to the TTC? We were planning on walking to the TTC after the pageant went by, but if we can catch the pageant on a boat en route to the TTC it would be much better. Does that make sense? Any ideas?

Kim
    I finally "get it" I truly, truly do.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You'd have to go from the Poly to the MK to get on a ferry to the TTC. (I'm pretty sure) there is no boat from the Poly to the TTC.

Cathy

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

the poly is right next to the TTC. there's a walking path between them

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Blog Entries

I knew from earlier discussions that there was a walking path between them (thanks Cathy) I was just wondering if there was a way that we could watch the pageant from a boat after wishes is all. Thanks anyway.

Kim

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kassandrasmom View Post
    I knew from earlier discussions that there was a walking path between them (thanks Cathy) I was just wondering if there was a way that we could watch the pageant from a boat after wishes is all. Thanks anyway.
    I think it would be way more trouble than it'd be worth to try to time seeing it from a water-vessel. Plus you don't get the music or the sequence/progression that you do on the beach/dock/wherever you decide to watch it.
    Cathy

Blog Entries

Good point on the music! We will just stick to the original plan of watching it from the beach and walking back to the TTC! Thanks Cathy!

Kim