Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Timon Lot Conspiracy

Timon Lot Conspiracy

Aaaaah... where to start???

I prefer to park in Timon for a variety of reasons (not least of which involves the need to sit in the front or back tram due to traveling with a FULLY LOADED AND ASSEMBLED stroller. The lines for thse two cars are significantly less crowded than the tram that services the Mickey & Friends lot).

If you arrive by 11am (on a weekend), you can generally always enter the Timon lot.

My experience is that from 11:30 to about 3 or 4:00pm, the Timon lot is closed. Again, generally speaking, they re-open the lot around 3 or 4:00pm. I *believe* that they close the lot to accomodate late day arrivals.

Whenever I have attempted to enter the Timon lot during the "closed hours," I am told that "The lot is full."

On Saturday, the Timon lot -- at 4:00pm -- did, in fact, look full.

But, Yeehaw! a car just in front of me was admitted into the lot.

When I neared the CM posted to the entrance of the lot, I asked if I could also park in the Timon lot. He told me, "No. We're all full."

Hmmm... curious. I didn't see a special disabled tag on the car ahead of me, so I pressed my case-- especially since it was late in the day. To my everlasting gratitude, the CM granted me my own asphalt version of a "magical moment" and allowed me entrance.

Here's the kicker:

TWhen I entered the lot, it was half EMPTY. Only the "front" part of each row was full. Several rows at the back of the lot were, in fact, completely empty.

Wow. I sorta felt like I was lied to.

What's the deal? Any insight?

Believe me: I know this is a silly complaint... but I'm wondering if anyone has an answer to this policy.

2. # ADS

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I don't know but I know what you are talking about. I always feel like I am winning the lottery when I get to park in that lot, or like I am a red-headed step child when I get those directions to Mickey and Friends. I would love to hear when is the perfect time to park in there!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

I'd Love some insight too. I'm a mom and often bring my 5 year old daughter by myself, and it's just easier to park in Timon than dealing with the elevators and escalators of Mickey & Friends. I wish I had "official" hours of when it is open!

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

Disney CMs at the parking lots are trained to lie. Thats not the direct truth, but they are told that they have to park people in certain lots to prevent cars from bashing into eachother. Usually where they send you there are a few CMs directing traffic.

BTW there are ALWAYS empty lanes in front rows. Tell them you are dropping someone off and park there. Or just tell them the truth. They tell you what they tell you for your own safety, regardless if its the most convenient for you. In your case, it would be extremely convenient to park in the timon lot.

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

Basically anytime it is slow, ie away from the morning and evening rush time it is going to be cheaper to only staff traffic directors for one lot.

DLR -> WDW Cast Member

OH NO CONSPIRACY!

It's all against you Annual Passholders! The Cast Members are out to get YOU!

I had to do a double take... I thought I had logged into MiceChat. LOL.

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Moderator's note: Keep the board drama to a minimum, please.

Dumb question, but where is the Timon lot? I usually come from the north on the 5, and get whisked into Mickey & Friends.

You think you know, but do you
    Quote Originally Posted by ladodgerjon View Post
    Aaaaah... where to start???

I prefer to park in Timon for a variety of reasons (not least of which involves the need to sit in the front or back tram due to traveling with a FULLY LOADED AND ASSEMBLED stroller. The lines for thse two cars are significantly less crowded than the tram that services the Mickey & Friends lot).

If you arrive by 11am (on a weekend), you can generally always enter the Timon lot.

My experience is that from 11:30 to about 3 or 4:00pm, the Timon lot is closed. Again, generally speaking, they re-open the lot around 3 or 4:00pm. I *believe* that they close the lot to accomodate late day arrivals.
    FRom my experience we normally go after 5 and that is when they seem to open the lot friday - sunday. I know one day last week we went and it was 4:45 and they didnt open the lot, we left the parking lot, went to 7-11 came back a little after 5 and the lot was open. So who really knows the correct time they open and close the lot.
    Last edited by Andrew; 06-12-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: remove excessive quoted material

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    OH NO CONSPIRACY!

It's all against you Annual Passholders! The Cast Members are out to get YOU!

I had to do a double take... I thought I had logged into MiceChat. LOL.
    Hey, burnt:

I don't REALLY think the CM's are up-to-no-good... but, rather, the park's systems seem sorta arbitrary. I also think that the administrating officers of the park SOMETIMES treat the public like we just fell off the turnip truck. SOME times... not ALL the times. And I also mean SOME of the administration, not ALL of the administration.

In my specific case of the Timon lot -- and this is one of my very few beefs with the DLR -- I can never get a straight answer on what the SOP is with this chunk of real estate. I also seem to have been fibbed to ("We're all full"), when clearly the reality was indicating something different.

No REAL biggie... but was wondering if anyone out there had any insights

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Moderator's note: Keep the board drama to a minimum, please.

off of Harbor