Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Looking for a Black Lanyard (Extra Wide)

Looking for a Black Lanyard (Extra Wide)

Does anyone know where an extra-wide Black Disneyland Lanyard can be obtained? My husband is determined to get one for his pins. I'm thinking they were not for sale at the parks, but were part of some promotion or club...
    Thanks

2. # ADS

They use to sell them long ago. They now have a dark red one not very nice for ever day use but ok for display. I went down to Joanns and bout the stuff to make one for my sis. It was really easy and she uses it every DL trip.

Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
    Walt Disney

Thanks, Tinker Bell,
    My Husband will have to be happy with the red one until I drag the sewing machine out, good idea!

If you're going to make your own, consider one thing for me:

A CM explained to me once why the lanyard should velcro at the bottom instead of just being straight sewn together. If you were to catch the lanyard and it was just sewn together, you'd choke yourself pretty badly (think like on a ride). With the velcro, it at least breaks apart so you don't kill yourself accidentally.

Just a thought.

Yet another Team Mouseplanet CHOC walker WHO MADE HER CONTRIBUTION GOAL! Thanks everyone!

"Why does breakfast in Downtown Disney District cost an average of $30? They're EGGS, people. I don't care how much rent costs. EGGS." -Monte Cristo

I promise to be careful! (I have a good husband!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku View Post
    If you're going to make your own, consider one thing for me:

A CM explained to me once why the lanyard should velcro at the bottom instead of just being straight sewn together. If you were to catch the lanyard and it was just sewn together, you'd choke yourself pretty badly (think like on a ride). With the velcro, it at least breaks apart so you don't kill yourself accidentally.

Just a thought.
    LOL

This is like one of those warnings on the strollers " dont fold baby up in the stroller"

On another side note. Joanns also sell metal rings that you can add to the bottom and then you can buy one of those cool dangles for your lanyard.
    Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
    Walt Disney