Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Magical Express Transfer luggage tags

Eek! Magical Express Transfer luggage tags

We are leaving on Tuesday for our trip to WDW and just found out yesterday that there was a mistake made and we were not booked for the Magical Express Transfers. They now have us all secured and booked for the transfers BUT we wont recieve our Magical Express Luggage Tags in time for our trip. The Disney reservations person I spoke w/ said that they book people for the transfers all the time under 14 days when they cant get the luggage tags to them. He said not to worry, we just need to take our baggage claim tickets to the Disney Magical Express counter at MCO and they will take Care of everything. I am still a little bit nervous though about losing our luggage in the shuffle of everything. Anyone used the Magical Express w/o getting the luggage tags? Please help ease my mind!
    Visits: 1991,1999,2001,2002,2005(twice),2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've never checked a bag going to WDW since DME started, but I have heard of people doing what you had described.

If you're REALLY concerned, you can collect your bags yourself and THEN go check in for DME, and have the driver load them onto the bus with you. The downside is YOU have to schlep them around.

I know and the whole reason why we LOVE LOVE LOVE DME is because we have a 2 1/2 year old and the two carry on's and stroller that come w/ keeping him happy on the flight. Since DME came around it's never been an option to NOT have the DME transfers!

Visits: 1991,1999,2001,2002,2005(twice),2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I've never checked a bag going to WDW since DME started, but I have heard of people doing what you had described.

If you're REALLY concerned, you can collect your bags yourself and THEN go check in for DME, and have the driver load them onto the bus with you. The downside is YOU have to schlep them around.
    What she said.
    To add to this... you can have the resort hotel store your luggage if your room is not ready. Then you dont have to worry about them while at the parks.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Disney World & Star Wars fan Chicago Wookiee's Avatar

We have used DME a few times. Twice we did not receive the DME luggage tags in advance of our leaving Chicago and just gave them our luggage claims from the airline with no problem at all.

You should have no worries about your transfer - all should go well.

Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney