Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Candlelight procession [Disneyland]

Candlelight procession [Disneyland]

We are planing a trip in Dec. and will be there for the Candlelight Procession. My father will be with us and uses an electric cart. I was wondering if there is handicaped seating for this.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I seem to recall reading a trip report (or something like that) at one point (maybe from a December 03 trip, even) that someone was in an ECV and going to this show. You might want to do a search through the trip report archives for December to see if you find anything.

Or you can ask Disney when you make reservations (but I can't imagine that there's not).

Just to clarify, are you asking about Disneyland in California or Walt Disney World in Florida?

Either one should be able to accommodate a guest in a wheelchair. Keep in mind that the Florida version, which runs for several weeks, is much more open to the public than the Disneyland version, which only runs for a single weekend.

At Disneyland, you may have more of a challenge getting accommodation if you try to get in via stand-by. The last few years, they have offered a limited number of dinner packages that included guaranteed seating for the show. If you are going to Disneyland, I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye on MP and other similar sites for news about such packages as you would definitely get the accommodation you need if you have an actual ticket for the show.

In Florida, the vast majority of showings are open to the public and there should be a wheelchair line at the theater. Someone else here that has had experience with using the disabled access might be able to give more details or you could check with WDW Guest Relations.

-Jeff

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG
    Just to clarify, are you asking about Disneyland in California or Walt Disney World in Florida?

-Jeff
    Good point, Jeff. Since I'd just made my dinner package reservations, I was assuming the OP was referring to WDW - but looking at the signature line/countdown, I think I made a bad assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by WITron
    We are planing a trip in Dec. and will be there for the Candlelight Procession. My father will be with us and uses an electric cart. I was wondering if there is handicaped seating for this.

If your next trip is this December and you're coming to Anaheim, you might want to change the year in your signature to 2005.

Thanks Pheonix. I have been using that signature since about March and you are the first person to notice.

We are going to Disneyland and not DisneyWorld. Unfortunately we will have to do walkup, since we can not afford the package. Also my wife and I will be flying in on that Sunday, but my parents will be there and can get the spot.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.