Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Wheelchairs & WDW

Wheelchairs & DW

I am going back in Oct...just came back from there in July. I need to have back surgery - so all the walking was terribly painful. I'm fairly certain the right thing for me to do is get a wheelchair - which is a tough decision to make in the first place - any advice for a first time wheelchair user?

2. # ADS

Probably better to go to Column Discussions and check out the Theme Park Access Guide and go to Teri's site >pixiedustinn.com<. lots of good info out there.>

Blog Entries

allearsnet.com is a good site to look at too.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Friend of Figment

If you are going to WDW your best bet is to go to www.disboards.com which is primarily for WDW. One of the forums is "disABILTIES" which is similar to this forum but larger. When you get to the index page, look at about the 5th item down which is the "disABILTIES FAQ". It has a lot of information about wheelchairs and ECVs, along with listing several off-site companies which many of us have used.

We tend to recommend the use of off-site companies so you will have the chair or ECV for your entire stay. Also, the ones from off-site are less expensive and more maneuverable than the ones Disney rents.

The people who do Passporter have been working with the "DisABILTIES" people as well as AllEarsNet to come out with a Guidebook for WDW with disabilities, but the book is not out yet.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
    The people who do Passporter have been working with the "DisABILTIES" people as well as AllEarsNet to come out with a Guidebook for WDW with disabilities, but the book is not out yet.
    I just saw this tonight in my news letter:

Passporter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs
    Pre-order your new guidebook today at:
    http://www.passporter.com/wdw/specia.../guidebook.htm

The first guidebook from AllEarsNet Editors
    Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma debuts on August 15!
    Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina