Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Sleeping Beauty Walk-through

Sleeping Beauty Walk-through

I just searched the threads about the closure of Sleeping Beauty Walk-through. I've personally never been in it. I was wondering, does anyone know of any new info on whether or not it may re-open? Perhaps under Matt? Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Disneyland Trips: 1997 (April), 2004 (July), 2005 (September), 2006 (September), 2007 (June, December), 2008 (June), 2010 (August, December), 2012 (February: Leap Day! July, October, November), 2013 (August/September: Half-Marathon!), 2014 (Memorial Day: 24 hours! December)
    Disneyworld: October 2007, January 2014 Disneyland Paris:[/B] July 2006

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Sad to say it has been closed for several years and is not likely to reopen. The dioramas inside were great, but very worn and "underloved." I believe one of the scenes can be found in the windows outside the Emporium.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel
    Sad to say it has been closed for several years and is not likely to reopen. The dioramas inside were great, but very worn and "underloved." I believe one of the scenes can be found in the windows outside the Emporium.
    Like that glowing ball of lint?

Crying shame though. I will miss that. I guess it was because not everyone could make that walkthrough.

The Queen of Room Service shawnarae's Avatar

That was a great little "something to do". I think the whole 9/11 event took it away from us. Didn't it close right after?

I walked by the entry area last weekend & told my hubby about it. He'd never seen it. It was like a little hidden gem that those who rush around ride after ride miss.....

I thought maybe this thread was announcing it to reopen.

Find joy in the journey and take lots of photos along the way!!

Matthew 25:34-40

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

Gosh, I do not remember this... anyone have pics to refresh my memory? Why would they close it? Where is it, exaclty?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

It closed the day we started firing on Afghanistan in October 2001. It was a MouseAdventure. I was on one of the last teams that walked through...

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Gosh, I do not remember this... anyone have pics to refresh my memory? Why would they close it? Where is it, exaclty?
    It was inside the castle. If you're standing in Fantasyland looking out through the castle You'll see a door on either side past the shops with a couple steps up. The door on the left was the entrance and on the right (by the drinking fountain) was the exit. It was kinda hokey but I loved it and always would wander through if I found it open.
    Mike

No Flash Photography please...

I only went in it twice. It was very small and cramped. the first time was ok, but people walked through really slow. they had giant barbi type dolls in it. the second time it was a warm day and a really bad sweaty, b.o.'y smell just kind of lingered throughout the walk through and that was the last time I went in there.

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true.
    my yahoo blog

Sea World Pictures

That is the spot where DH proposed, so it's always been special to me. It was in the middle of November and we were the only ones in there, so we actually had privacy in Disneyland. It's a little sad that I can't go back or show my girls where it happened...but at least I'll always have the castle!

DL Dad (but still a kid)

I don't recall it smelling bad or anything... what I do remember is that even on the hottest day it was always cool inside - like a real castle.

It's a shame it was closed, especially considering the reason.

-al

Never stop believing.

:(

This was posted a while ago, but I'll repost for this topic again.

The closure was the result of a couple different issues. Safety, not being ADA accessible, etc. After it closed, I did have a lucky peek inside the castle during a Grad Nite shift. I was saddened by the neglect inside, as the walkthrough was my favorite place in Disneyland. At the time (this was a year ago), the figurines/dioramas were still in place--one fireworks technician had told me some of them were even still moving (yes, Night Of The Living Dolls) and had not fully turned off. At that time last year, they were painting the castle for the 50th, and the painters had stored all of their buckets/paint/etc. in the stairwells and in the corners. It was a mess.

From fireworks technicians, CMS, etc., they will all tell you the same thing. It will almost definitely never reopen. I find this so sad.

Gold of sunshine in her hair,
    Lips that shame the red, red rose
    In ageless sleep, she finds repose

I always wondered what happened to this. I would go through there almost everytime I went. It was closed the last couple of times I went, so now I know why. I also remember it very cramped and could be tricky to get through. Too bad it won't ever reopen...

i miss this. my mom would always let me go in there by myself (i wasn't even 12 yet- so i felt so much like an adult!). now that it's closed, i always look at the door and remember how cool it was (literally and figuritivly). but, at least i can see part of it on Main St. and, i always have the movie version i downloaded from Visions Fantastic to watch when i really miss it. gosh do i love the internet!!!

"I happen to be a kind of inquisitive guy and when I see things I don't like, I start thinking why do they have to be like this and how can I improve them?"
    --Walt Disney

Never stop believing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsyncitnd1787
    i miss this. my mom would always let me go in there by myself (i wasn't even 12 yet- so i felt so much like an adult!). now that it's closed, i always look at the door and remember how cool it was (literally and figuritivly). but, at least i can see part of it on Main St. and, i always have the movie version i downloaded from Visions Fantastic to watch when i really miss it. gosh do i love the internet!!!
    You are my hero. I went to the site to DL it, but it's not working. Posh. When did you DL it?
    Gold of sunshine in her hair,
    Lips that shame the red, red rose
    In ageless sleep, she finds repose

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAurora
    You are my hero. I went to the site to DL it, but it's not working. Posh. When did you DL it?
    It's in our Gallery but you must be a Member to download it. (Registration is fast, easy and free)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru....php?i=248&c=9
    Chris Lang
    Visions Fantastic
    http://visionsfantastic.com

It's not quite the same thing, but they have a walk-thru that is pretty similair to what Sleeping Beauty was, at Disneyland Paris. But it's Alladin, and it's located in AdventureLand.

Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse

Oh wow. I forgot how Barbieish the dolls looked. LOL. Boy that brought back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAurora

your welcome.. i knew someone would want it if i said something about it. and it's an awosome website. the video isn't the same as actually walking though, but it's better than just pictures.

oh, i downloaded it before they moved their website and you had to be a member.
    "I happen to be a kind of inquisitive guy and when I see things I don't like, I start thinking why do they have to be like this and how can I improve them?"
    --Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by jerm
    It's not quite the same thing, but they have a walk-thru that is pretty similair to what Sleeping Beauty was, at Disneyland Paris. But it's Alladin, and it's located in AdventureLand.
    Isn't there still a Sleeping Beauty walk-through inside the castle at DLP, though? I haven't been since 1999, but I remember it clearly.
    If a guy called "Foulfellow" asks you to go to Pleasure Island, just don't do it--I mean, he's got the word "Foul" right in his name!

I took my married daughter, son in law and un-married Daughter in June 2001 (Pre 9-11) and the walk through was closed for rehab back then. DId it reopen and get closed again?

Yes, there is. Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris uses tapestries and stained glass to tell the story of Princess Aurora as a walk-through attraction.

There is also a dragon's lair beneath the hillside into which the castle is built. The giant dragon there sometimes awakes from its slumber to frighten those who intrude.

Matt K.
    I subscribe to the goals of the Save Disney campaign, and I shall be voting my shares to withhold support for the re-election of the entire Board of Directors at the next annual meeting.
    www.SaveDisney.com