Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DL regular, clueless about WDW, need help!

DL regular, clueless about WDW, need help!

Hello all,

I love these boards and used them frequently to make the most of our 1st ever annual passes to DL this past year. Now we have a chance to see WDW, albeit a limited and not ideal time frame, but a chance nonetheless. I started researching, and all the information available made me feel confused and a little overwhelmed. Here is our scenario:

Travel Dates: 9/24-9/30 (including Airplane travel time from AZ to FL and back).

Cast of Characters:
    Me- Disney fanatic who could go to Disneyland several times a year and never tire of it. Like relaxing vacations with time to savor the little things or enjoy hotel facilities. Want to experience things that I can't see in DLR, don't need to compare my favorites for minor differences, etc.
    WDW must list: Epcot

Husband- Likes Disney, but Once a year is enough for him so he is a little burned out from our year with annual passes. He has never been to Florida and does not want this week to be all about Disney. Wants to see Daytona Beach, other things in the area.
    WDW must list: Epcot

Makenna (6 will turn 7 during the trip) - Disney nut like me. Could go all the time and never tire of the theme park experience. Thrill junkie who has done every major ride she could as soon as she was tall enough.
    WDW must list: Expedition Everest

Sophie
    -23 Months - Pretty Mellow baby, Likes interacting with characters. Cranky when hot so we will have to take breaks from the heat while there.
    WDW must list: Mickey Mouse

Staying at: DL Value Resort (likely Pop Century) 3 or 4 nights, Nickelodeon Hotel 3 nights.

The Nick Hotel is pretty definite as the girls and I stayed there a few days last July and had the best time. Loved the whole place and found it to be a waterpark with the flexibilty of a hotel attached to it. My husband also likes the idea of leaving the WDW property, renting a car and seeing other things.

Days devoted to WDW resort: 3

So my questions are:

1. Are we nuts to think we can have a good time limiting ourselves to 3 days? Since we plan on going again in 3 or 4 years when our youngest is older, would it be better to wait altogether?

2. What are the must sees/ only in FLorida kind of things we should focus on in WDW?

3. I am dying to go to Epcot. Is there enough to entertain little ones there? Any roaming characters?

4. Not So Scary Halloween Party- Are rides open and if so are they limited?

5. WDW transportation- Is it really reliable? I will only stay at the hotels in Disneyland area that allow you to walk to the parks because I hate depending on shuttles. Will this whole sytem be frustrating for someone like me?

6. Tickets- I feel like I need a degree to understand the way they stucture the whole "magic your way" thing. Are Park Hoppers worth it? We love hopping back and forth between DL and DCA but it seems park hopping in WDW is much more complicated and time consuming. With two little ones, would we really be able to make the most of this option?

I realize that WDW is best done with a week or more but I think it would kill me to be in the Orlando area and not at least try to see WDW for at least a taste of the magic. I have lots more questions but this is a start and I really appreciate any help or tips you can give me (even if that advice is "you're crazy, you cannot sample WDW in only 3 days! )

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, personal experiences or tips you can offer!

2. # ADS

I am, too, planning a WDW trip (this Oct) and an annual passer for DLR. My husband is not fond of Disneyland. My girls are older (8 and 10). So I fit a little of your profile. I have been to WDW twice before, when my kids were 10 months and 3. Next when they were 3 and 5. (My Mom went with us and made life a lot simplier)
    Here is what I suggest. Just spend two days at two parks. Maybe one at Epcot the other at MK. When we went, I always had a day off between park visits. That way my Hubbie didn't get burned out and the kids were not overwhelmed. (remember I had little ones during both trips) You may not have the one day break between, so just pick one park. Spend the rest of the time at the hotel pools or walking Downtown Disney (we, including my Hubbie, enjoyed Downtown Disney). Or plan a dinner show the day you are not at the park. The Hoop Dee Doo or the Lua ( I forgot the name - is at the Polynsian Hotel I think) Since you plan on going back take your time and enjoy and savor the experience. It took me 6 years to get back since our last visit, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. My kids are older and so now we can enjoy more.

Three days is a "doable" scenario since you have already realized that you will not be experiencing everything. You have a good start by making your "must see' lists. I would expand this and get a good guide book and go through all of the parks' attractions. Have each member of your party (well obviosly not the little one) list the rides the he/she really must do. Then plan accordingly. If there are only two rides that you want to do at AK, then that can be done in less than half a day. We usually spend our three days thus: 1 full day MK. 1 full day MK. 1/2 day each AK / MGM. You will need to purchase the park hopper option if you plan on visiting all 4 parks in 3 days. If you are willing to wait on one of the parks until the next trip, you could do without the park hopper option (saving ~40/per ticket).
    As for Disney transportation, from resorts to parks - it is great. It is not good for resort to resort. Also, the deluxe resorts offer more transportation options than the bus (ie. monorail, boat)
    I think EPCOT is a great place for Kids, but it all depends on the kids I guess.

Please remain seated with your arms, legs and head in the ride vehicle at all times. And remember, no eating, drinking, or flash photography. Yes, that means you stupid.

Let me answer these as you asked them:
    1) Definitely go! That time of year, you should be able to experience a lot in three days. You won't do everything, and you won't want to push your infant too much, but you'll still have a great time. I've been there for much longer than 3 days and still not done everything.

2) The ones I'd recommend: AK: Everest, Safaris, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, the Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek are both great. If the line is long, don't bother with Kali River Rapids, GRR is so much better. EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Test Track, Mission: Space (if you don't get motion sickness -- and even if you do, the new option may be available), Maelstrom, American Adventure, Impresions de France. Studios: Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action stunt show. MK: Mickey's PhilHarmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer Island (the fort here is still open!), Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Peoplemover), Stitch's Great Escape (might scare your 7 year old, though). I'd also recommend going on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain too (didn't mean to rhyme). And make sure to see Spectromagic if it's running during your stay.

The way I'd suggest you do it is get to the parks for early entry because you can do quite a bit. Use fastpass as much as you can. Hit Fantasyland rides right away to keep waiting times down. Then mid-day, go back to the hotel for a break, then either go back or go to another park in the evening. To ride Everest, try to get there when AK opens and try to see the first showing of Festival of the Lion King.

3) EPCOT is my favorite park. My daughters were 4 and 1 when we went and they liked it. We found characters right near the entrance at opening, then Figment was over by the Imagination pavilion and you'll find some characters over near the World Showcase pavilion, such as Snow White at Germany, Belle and Aurora over by France, Mary Poppins in the UK, etc.

4) Never been to the Halloween Party so I can't answer to which rides are open.

5) For the most part, Disney transportation is very reliable. I've stayed at Pop Century before and never had any problems. In fact, we had 7:30 reservations for breakfast at Wilderness Lodge, the Magic Kingdom didn't open until 9, so we were the only ones there, and the driver on the Magic Kingdom route took us directly to Wilderness Lodge. Another time we left the Magic Kingdom at closing and got into a huge line for the bus. We probably waited four buses before we were able to board, but it probably would have taken us about 25 minutes to get to the hotel if the driver hadn't gotten lost on the way back. The biggest pain would be if you were trying to get from Pop Century to another resort. You'd have to go to a theme park, water park or Downtown Disney, then change buses.

6) I definitely recommend park hoppers. I grew up at Disneyland too, but I love the park hopping option. For instance, you could start the day at Animal Kingdom, then go back to the room mid-day and then go to the Magic Kingdom for Spectromagic and fireworks. Or go to EPCOT for dinner at one of the World Showcase restaurants. Especially with 3 days there, you can get at least a little taste for all of the parks with the park hopping option. My parents went to the Orange Bowl in January 2005 and Disney gave everyone there a free one day ticket to either Disney World or Disneyland, which I gladly took off their hands. And I said I'd have to use it at Disneyland because I didn't think I could go to just one park per day at Disney World anymore!

Cool

I would say get your list of things to do, then eliminate about half of them. You're going back soon, your husband is less likely to feel put out, it will be much more relaxing for everyone, and I can promise that never in her life will the 23 month old complain that you didn't try to see everything on your 2006 trip to WDW.

Cheers.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

Wandering lonely as a cloud...

So my questions are:

1. Are we nuts to think we can have a good time limiting ourselves to 3 days? Since we plan on going again in 3 or 4 years when our youngest is older, would it be better to wait altogether?

No, go while you can. You won't be able to see it all the first trip anyway unless you stay for a month. Besides, it will be hot and three days will be enough to tire you all out.

2. What are the must sees/ only in FLorida kind of things we should focus on in WDW?

I contend that there are no "must sees" as long as you are having fun doing whatever you are doing.

3. I am dying to go to Epcot. Is there enough to entertain little ones there? Any roaming characters?

There should be. You probably won't have enough time to spend much time in Innoventions, but I would aim for the display in which they teach kids to leave a burning house. They get to crawl about and learn something important too. It's also air conditioned in there. And there is also a place where the kids can put together a robot. Remember that there is a viking ship in Norway for the kids to play on and the bakery right next to the viking ship has good stuff and will give you free good sized cups of good ice water. In Germany there is a pretty good toy store that you may want to avoid. In the very back of one of the shops in Great Britian is a good place to look for Alice, Tigger, and Pooh.

4. Not So Scary Halloween Party- Are rides open and if so are they limited?

Sorry, I don't know.

5. WDW transportation- Is it really reliable? I will only stay at the hotels in Disneyland area that allow you to walk to the parks because I hate depending on shuttles. Will this whole sytem be frustrating for someone like me?

It should be fine. If you are leaving at closing time, however, especially at the MK, remember that you don't have to rush right out with everyone else. There will be enough people in line right at closing to fill about 5 buses. Find a place inside the park to sit and watch, get some ice cream or a hot dog, or shop. Then mosey on out to the bus and the line should be getting shorter. If there is a bench I try to sit and make sure that I will be sitting instead of standing on the bus.

6. Tickets- I feel like I need a degree to understand the way they stucture the whole "magic your way" thing. Are Park Hoppers worth it? We love hopping back and forth between DL and DCA but it seems park hopping in WDW is much more complicated and time consuming. With two little ones, would we really be able to make the most of this option?

We always hop. I have never spent a whole day in one park and I was in WDW 20 days last year alone. I often like to hit one park early, go back to the hotel at lunch time, then head out to another park. Sometimes one park, especially MK or MGM, will be quite crowded and another may not.

The mosquito's food of choice, primitive humanoid lifeforms, have colonies all over that planet.

"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"-311

Thanks for all the responses!

funatdisney, liked your dinner show option Something I hadn't thought of), We might be booking a resort pkg with a free dining plan attached, do you know if this would count as a normal "table Service" meal?

DizMagic & ralfrick, you are definitely right, I should have us all make a list and then just do what we can do, and I agree the littlest doesn't get to vote.

Neon Cactus & mzloolue, thanks for answering my really long list of questions, all your experiences really do help me gain some perspective on a place I am really unfamilar with. I think my family is a lot like yours in that we enjoy going to one place in the morning, take a break in the afternoon, and would likely hit a different spot at night.

Sounds like end of September is great for crowds but still hot, correct? I am a little worried about the heat as even though we are from AZ we are not used to humity AT ALL!

Thanks again and look forward to more help and input from everyone!

I think the dinner show takes two credits.

September will be hot, but with pacing and breaks (not to mention "Ice Station Cool" in Epcot) you should be able to make it. If you have enough time, go for a swim in the resort pool.

Please remain seated with your arms, legs and head in the ride vehicle at all times. And remember, no eating, drinking, or flash photography. Yes, that means you stupid.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you've got a great attitude on an approach to a trip to Orlando!

I don't think anyone has mentioned MNSSHP - I really enjoyed it, and plan on going again this coming October. Make sure you bring costumes for the kids (and the big kids, otherwise known as parents!). I believe all the rides are open for the party. Plus a number of the characters are in costume and there's the special parade and trick-or-treating.

I think the transportation is very reliable.

The big advantage for park hoppers is when you go to one park for early entry - go til a nap/rest is needed - deal with that, and then go to another park for the rest of the day. You don't want to go back and forth, but one park switch a day can really help break up your day.

We went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and had a lot of fun. There are Halloween decorations all around, which was amazing to me that they could get them up that quickly between getting regular park guests out and letting us in!!

There's story telling and the key on the map will tell you which stories are scary and which are just fun.
    There's lots of trick or treating stations. You get a free family photograph, it just had a halloween themed screen behind, but it was a great picture of us dressed up for Halloween.
    I don't remember any rides being closed for the event. Everything we went past was open. Well except Carousel of Progress and some other ride that is hardly ever open!
    There is a special parade and the headless horseman came through along the parade route before the parade started. We caught the second parade as most people with little ones left after the fireworks. The park was amazingly quiet after the fire works and enabled us to ride a lot more rides during the second half of the party.

I think everyone else answered the rest of your questions, so thought I'd tell of our experience with MNSSHP!
    Have a great trip!

I love the fruits of summer!

If Sophie's one priority is Mickey, remember that he has a building in MGM where he is in his sorcerers's outfit that doesn't get the crowds that MK does. We have walked past many times when there was no line at all. Also, Donald and Daisy have a spot in MGM as well as Woody, Jesse and the green Army men. Every park has characters, you have to ask CM's and keep your eyes open. I don't think that any amount of time at WDW could be bad as long as you know your limitations. We spend one day hopping to all our favorites if that is all we have. Any day at a Disney park is better than none.
    You mentioned Daytona Beach as a place your husband wants to see. Have him specify what else so you can make a plan. Driving to Daytona is a long drive to see a beach. Make sure you at least drive down the street with the racetrack. The size and area are impressive just by driving by and seeing the immensity of the area. Was he hoping to go to the Kennedy Space center? These 2 could be done in one day. If not, what in FL does he want to see? Orlando is so geared to tourists with the other theme parks and things like Ripley's etc. I would much rather leisurely walk around Epcot and visit the countries while the kids made masks etc at KidCot stations than go off property just for the sake of non-Disney. Also, as someone mentioned he might enjoy something like Living With the Land, which is not typical DL. It really is important to get to the park at opening or EMH if your days are limited. You can get so much done that way, especially at MK and AK. The dates you are going should be great for non-crowds too. Just enjoy whatever you can and avoid stress.

Two princesses!!

One thing you may want to consider is the Halloween Party is a separate ticketed event. Thus on the day you do the party, you could see two parks in one day if you opt for non-park hoppers. Maybe do AK since it doesn't always take a whole day, then the party at night. Have a great time!!

Jenna
    Proud to be a DVC member!!!
    Last trip: June 8-12 BWV sans with kids
    Next trip: May 2009 (so far, far away)

still romantic at heart

I'm going to take a somewhat different approach on this one than most of the posts here.

First of all you question about 3 days also goes right along with Husbands "once a year is enough". WDW is nothing like DLR. three days is really only enough for you to begin to realise this. We went throught the same thing with In-laws who had never been to WDW, but been to Dland many times and were unenthusiastic about going. it took them until the third day to realize this was NOT dland. your times not in the MK will be so vast a different experience then what your husband is used to he will probably be more excited than he has ever been at a Dland. a fourth day, even a partial day would be worth the money.

that being said, if you only have three days then I would suggest the following ideas, provided you can have three full uninterupted ie non travel days, and you can do the halloween party on a weeknight. on the first full day go to Epcot. spend the day there seeing what you can see at a comfortable pace. there is plenty for kids to do in both world showcase and future world. make sure to do the kidcot stops for the kids in WS. Characters can be found all over WS, but they do not wonder, rather they are is specific places (this is true of all of WDW)

on day two go to MGM spend the day there then transfer up to the MK for the party if it is happening this night. Make sure DH gets to see lights motors action, and Indy stunt show. make sure the kids see the little mermaid. make sure you ride ToT and RnRC. BTW the halloween party has all the rides open, as well as the trick or treating and the shows. it is well worth the money.

On day three go to the MK for the day. if the park closes early like 7 or so then take the monorail down to Epcot and spend your last evening doing the things you missed the first day. day two and three are actually interchangable depending on the dates you go and the dates for the party.

as for the rest...
    Transportation at WDW is fun and easy. it does sometimes require a bit of a wait, so allow 30 min. to get anywhere.
    Tickets are not really that hard. with the length of stay you will be there I would suggest MYW tickets for your length of stay with hoppers. hopping take a bit longer, but is easy enough we have visited as many as three parks doing this.

But you really need to talk hubby into at least on more day for AK and a few other things

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Okay the Park Hopper question is definitely settled (Thanks Drince88, efoxx and others for advice on this). We generally takes a 2-3 hour break midday when visiting the DLR and I plan on doing the same thing at WDW despite our time limitations. The daily break thing is truly some of the BEST parenting advice I have ever been given After our break, we would likely want to go to a different park then the one we were at in the morning - so park hoppers for us!

We will definitely use early entry as we are all early risers. I will have to plan this out as each park does this on a different day, correct? Does EE become limited in availability during value/ off season?

cirquelover, wed@wdw and Drince88, thank you for sharing your experiences/ info on MNSSHP. This sounds too fun to pass up, even if it does require a separate ticket. It sounds as though the whole park is in operation as it would be normally, with tons more to do and see. There is an event on 9/29 that we could attend. My additional questions are:

How crowded are these things usually? Does anyone know how WDW transportation back to the hotels during the event? I am just concerned that my 23 month old may not last till midnight and my DH will likely go back early with her.

Quote Originally Posted by SuefromRI
    If Sophie's one priority is Mickey, remember that he has a building in MGM where he is in his sorcerers's outfit that doesn't get the crowds that MK does. We have walked past many times when there was no line at all. Also, Donald and Daisy have a spot in MGM as well as Woody, Jesse and the green Army men. Every park has characters, you have to ask CM's and keep your eyes open. I don't think that any amount of time at WDW could be bad as long as you know your limitations. We spend one day hopping to all our favorites if that is all we have. Any day at a Disney park is better than none.
    SuefromRI, thanks so much for the Character Info! That is just the kind of thing I was looking for. We will definitely seek out Mickey and others at MGM. It is tips like these that make me love these boards. There is so much insider knowledge out there. Thank you all for being so willing to share it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuefromRI
    You mentioned Daytona Beach as a place your husband wants to see. Have him specify what else so you can make a plan. Driving to Daytona is a long drive to see a beach. Make sure you at least drive down the street with the racetrack. The size and area are impressive just by driving by and seeing the immensity of the area. Was he hoping to go to the Kennedy Space center? These 2 could be done in one day. If not, what in FL does he want to see?
    You know, its funny, I think my hubbie sort of threw Daytona Beach out there because it was the first Non- Disney/ Non-theme Park Orlando Area thing he thought of. I really think he would be happy with ANY beach. Are there nicer ones closer? The Space Center is something he would definitely be into though. how far is it? I would like to make this "outside Orlando" excursion a one day thing so if we can hit a beach and the Space Center on the same day that would be great!

Thanks again for all the good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by efoxx
    But you really need to talk hubby into at least on more day for AK and a few other things
    Thanks for a different perspective and some other great ideas. We currently have 3 full days for the parks but I am thinking we could extend one night on the back end to give us one more day at WDW. You're right, I need to talk to Jon a little more about this and try to explain all there is to see and do at WDW that is not like DL. The free dining promotion during our trip is definitely a selling point for him. The more I think about it, it is not really that much more expensive to add another night to our stay (we will likely be at Pop Century as we are on a budget) and the difference between a 3 day and a 4 day park hopper was pretty neglible.

When you consider our food is more or less covered, it works out to less than $100 (the cost of one more hotel night/ upgrading to 4 day hoppers) for a family of 4 to have one more day of fun at WDW! ( Well at least, this is how I plan on selling it to him when I talk to him about it later tonight )

We always spend at least a little time at the beach when we go to Florida. We enjoy the space center and it's right near Cocoa Beach which is a good beach for a day trip from WDW. We spent some time in Daytona Beach last year. The race track tour was a lot of fun (this from a family that knows next to nothing about NASTAR), but I prefer Cocoa Beach to Daytona Beach for actual swimming and beach time, and it's also a shorter drive from WDW than Daytona. If you end up planning beach time in the Daytona area we much prefer Ormond Beach, it's a little north of Daytona. If you get an early start I think it's possible to do either the Space Center & Cocoa Beach or the Speedway & Ormond Beach in one day, it'd be a nice full day, you'll definitely have more drive time with the Daytona option.

Quote Originally Posted by losaitkens

How crowded are these things usually? Does anyone know how WDW transportation back to the hotels during the event? I am just concerned that my 23 month old may not last till midnight and my DH will likely go back early with her.
    We went early in October and it was not that busy. If it is a week night it should not be very busy as local kids will still be in school. The night of Halloween is usually sold out very quickly but you don't have to worry about that!
    After the fireworks it was very quiet. All rides were virtually walk ons. It was also much easier to see the second parade.
    The bus transportation system is wonderful My husband left early and had no problem catching a bus back to AKL. Our son and I stayed until after midnight and they quickly brought extra buses for all of us late night party animals! We didn't want to stand so we waited for the next bus.

Sorry double post! I was dealing with my mom on the cell phone. Ooops

You know, its funny, I think my hubbie sort of threw Daytona Beach out there because it was the first Non- Disney/ Non-theme Park Orlando Area thing he thought of. I really think he would be happy with ANY beach. Are there nicer ones closer? The Space Center is something he would definitely be into though. how far is it? I would like to make this "outside Orlando" excursion a one day thing so if we can hit a beach and the Space Center on the same day that would be great!
    Daytona is known for being the beach that you can drive on, making it famous for that, but unwelcoming to a "day at the beach" with toddlers. Cocoa beach is closer to WDW and close to Kenndedy Space center, about an hours drive. KSC has lots to do like IMax movies, etc, which would be too much with little ones. The bus tour is good that takes you to the Saturn which is huge, but probably boring for little ones. The rocket garden is interesting as is the space shuttle model. I've not been there with kids, but I would read the article by Brian Bennett from last January.
    I have to agree that just cuz your husband thinks that 3 days will be plenty of time spent in WDW, he only has DL as a basis and will be surprised by the variety of Epcot and AK as to not feeling like a Disney park at all. It is hard to explain to someone who has not been there.

Lots of ideas going on around this thread. All of them great! Have a wonderful trip and let us know how it went.

still romantic at heart
    Thanks for a different perspective and some other great ideas. We currently have 3 full days for the parks but I am thinking we could extend one night on the back end to give us one more day at WDW.
    Just a couple of more quick thoughts. first of all you mentioned you are early risers. I also seem to recall you said you were from Phoenix area? there is a two to three hour difference in time, so in order to get to a park by the 8 am EE opening you would have to leave your room at 7:20 factor is say an hour to get ready at a minimum you would have to be up at 6:20 which is really 4:20 by your time zone... something to think about.

Also I imagine the flight time will be in the neighborhood of about 5 hours less if you can get a nonstop. on the way there you can get in fairly early in the day giving you a half day, on the return if you are in no need to rush home you can get a flight that leaves as late as 6pm which can give you another half day. put it all together and you have an extra day right there. so if you convince hubby to extend to a fourth full day, then tack on the arrival and departure days you can have 4 full and two half days for the added price of one nights stay and $7 more then the 4 day ticket. believe it or not this will greatly enhance your stay by not making you feel rushed at all, and I personally guarantee your DH won't get bored. don't believe me though, make him watch the planning video
    Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

I'm going to be honest. I think you will be disappointed if you only go for three days. I am a DLR regular, and went to WDW for the first time last year. We spent 7 days in the parks and it was not enough... not at all. Maybe you can sneak in one more day and at least have a full day for each park. I'd get park hoppers so you can see two parks in one day if you feel like it too.

If this year is the same as last for MNSSHP... I happen to have my little park-guide sitting on my lap from last years party! The open attractions were:

• Swiss Family Treehouse
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    • Splash Mountain
    • Country Bear Jamboree
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • Peter Pan's Flight
    • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
    • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    • Mickey's PhilharMagic
    • Snow White's Scary Adventure
    • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    • Mad Tea Party
    • "it's a small world"
    • Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
    • Space Mountain
    • Astro Orbiter
    • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
    • Stitch's Great Escape
    • The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
    ==Wendi==
    2007 WDW @ AKL ~ 2006 WDW @ AKL ~ 2005 WDW @ Pop ~ DLR Too Many Times To Count!

I'm not 100% sure of whats been said already since I've only been scanning but...

You must do MK, since you want to do Epcot then decide between AK and MGM. MGM is great if you like movies or shows. If you go to MGM you will pretty much need to decide if the shoes or the rides for your day. It's hard to get all of the shows in with doing everything else. AK is great if you like animals.

Epcot for Kids: Epcot is lost on my wife and me. We thought we would like it but I guess since we don't really get into the countries like we should its something that we walk around but don't really spend a lot of time inside the countries. For your kids, I would make sure to check out Figment (it's really funny) and also Turtle Talk (if you haven't done the one in DCA already). In the world showcase they have kid centers set up in each of the countries to do a craft type of thing. I want to say they made a mask from each country but that may change every so often. The other thing we noticed were the characters that were out and about. They have a character bus that comes out (might have stopped) with a lot of Disney characters. We would also see a lot of characters in their "host" country. We saw Geppito & Pinochio (Spelling both wrong) in Germany and Snow White with Dopey close to Norway (It's been over a year-memory bad).