Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: "Special Assistance Pass" or not?!?

'Special assistance pass' or not?

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a few other posts about this topic, but I thought I'd try again. I was recently in a severe car accident and am still suffering from very bad injuries in my back and neck. *I'm not good with 'defining' the differences between joints, ligaments, etc. LOL but in summary, mine are currently very 'messed up' LOL and unfortunately probably will be for some time.* Anyhoo, the point of this post is not to be 'pity me' at all. LOL *Seriously, I am thankful that I am here and realize there are many others in far worse condition than me. * However, after talking with my doctor, I was wondering if there was any way I could get a 'special assistance pass' or whatever is *if there is* currently in place of it, to help me? Even in my daily activities now, I cannot stand or sit longer than about 20 minutes without having pain. With exercise and such, hopefully in time this will improve, but since my trip to DL is in December, there's not much I can do about it now. So yeah, I was just wondering. LOL

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. # ADS

Since special assistance is such a worthless program now just wait in the regular lines and get to the park on a slow day.

RCT 2 Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Edition. Thanks goes out to RCT Timeline for this 2005 update.
    http://superiorpcs.smugmug.com/gallery/153427

CHALK DUSTED SUCCUBUS

Cinderellariel~you might try posting this in the Theme Park Access forum. There might be some people who have knowledge of the SAP who could better answer your question.
    Hope you are pain-free and feeling better in no time!
    ~kisroo

"Special Assistance Pass" or not?!?

'Special assistance pass' or not?

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a few other posts about this topic, but I thought I'd try again. I was recently in a severe car accident and am still suffering from very bad injuries in my back and neck. *I'm not good with 'defining' the differences between joints, ligaments, etc. LOL but in summary, mine are currently very 'messed up' LOL and unfortunately probably will be for some time.* Anyhoo, the point of this post is not to be 'pity me' at all. LOL *Seriously, I am thankful that I am here and realize there are many others in far worse condition than me. * However, after talking with my doctor, I was wondering if there was any way I could get a 'special assistance pass' or whatever is *if there is* currently in place of it, to help me? Even in my daily activities now, I cannot stand or sit longer than about 20 minutes without having pain. With exercise and such, hopefully in time this will improve, but since my trip to DL is in December, there's not much I can do about it now. So yeah, I was just wondering. LOL

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

[Moderator's note: Duplicate threads merged. -- Andrew]

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

As has often been discussed here, there is no longer a concept of a "front of the line" pass. (There never was one, but that's what people seem to think was "taken away" from them in the new incarnation of the SAP program)

From what you've said you can't sit *or* stand for more than 20 minutes. Disney considers this to be an endurance issue, not an access issue. What they will most likely do is suggest that you rent a wheelchair to use while you are at the park, and take advantage of FastPass where offered.

Now, since you can't sit or stand for more than 20 minutes, you're probably going to need to alternate walking and riding to prevent discomfort. You didn't mention walking - some people rent or bring wheelchairs to the park and use them only to sit in line. You'll have to figure out what works best for you and your injuries.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.