Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Pammer ~ October 31 - November 4, 2023 ~ Offsite

Travel dates: October 31 - November 4, 2023
    Travel method: Southwest
    Resort: Camelot Inn (Off-site)
    Accommodations: Standard
    Ages Represented in Group: Adult
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Veteran
    Comments: Last trip on these active Enchant Magic Keys!
    Cast of characters:
    • Pam, 62: trip planner/writer/self-proclaimed Disney Queen!
    • James, 63: Pam's hubby who likes Disneyland but is not as fanatic as Pam!
    • Debbie: Pam's cousin who lives about 30mi from Disneyland

The Planning

Our Enchant Magic Keys expire on November 16, so this will be our last trip on them; however, I've already renewed them at the same level, so we are good to go for another year!

Our nephew and his family were originally going to come with us, but he was in a terrible hit & run motorcycle accident in September, right after we returned from our last trip! It's a miracle he survived, but he has a long recovery ahead of him so they will delay a year until he'll be healthy enough to enjoy the attractions!

Luckily for me, my cousin Debbie is coming to spend the morning with me on Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again!

Lodging: I booked a Two-Bedroom ADA Family Suite in December at the Camelot Inn on Harbor Blvd.

Airfare: I booked airfare on Southwest Airlines using a gift card from my brother in April & rebooked a couple of times when the fares went down.

Ground Transportation: We will park our car at the Sacramento airport and use Lyft between SNA & Anaheim.

Tickets: We have active Enchant Magic Key passes that expire on November 16, 2023.

Theme Park Reservations: I made reservations for all 4 days of this trip in September as we used our previous theme park reservations & also modified the starting park on a couple of days as our plans finalized:
    • October 31: Start at Disneyland Park
    • November 1: Start at Disney California Adventure
    • November 2: Start at Disneyland Park
    • November 3: Start at Disneyland Park

Priority Seating: I was able to book the Blue Bayou on two different days at the time I wanted by getting up early on the first available date at 60 days out for each; we will cancel the spare reservation once we finalize our plans:
    • November 2: Blue Bayou @ 11am OR
    • November 3: Blue Bayou @ 11am

The Itinerary

Here was the result of my pre-planning:

• October 31: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; Disneyland
    • November 1: Meet up with cousin Debbie; DCA/Disneyland
    • November 2: Disneyland/DCA; lunch at the Blue Bayou @ 11am?
    • November 3: Disneyland/DCA; lunch at the Blue Bayou @ 11am?
    • November 4: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Monday, October 30, 2023 (1 day before departure)

Actual: My right knee is acting up again, so I went to the doctor for a cortisone shot this afternoon and then stopped at Subway to get the foot-long veggie sandwich for James' lunch tomorrow on my way home. I checked in with our neighbor who cat-sits for us while we are gone & also printed off our boarding passes when they went live at 4:15pm (A49 & A50).

We did our usual stuff, finished our packing and other usual pre-departure tasks, and I was in bed around 12am; I had forgotten to take a 1/2 Tylenol PM to help me sleep at that time, so I took 1/4 pill when I got up to use the restroom a couple of hours later. James followed a few hours later as usual.

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 (90o)
    Plan: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; Disneyland

Actual: I slept off & on and finally got up around 10am, since we have a later flight than usual; James was up around 11:45am. We finished getting ready and left around 1:30pm, about 30mins later than I had hoped, but James was pokey this morning! There were a lot of construction zones to circumvent along our route, but we were finally at the airport around 2:15pm. James dropped me off with the Ranger electric wheelchair (EWC), its travel cover, my backpack, & the big suitcase, before going to park in the Daily Lot.

The usual Southwest Airlines Customer Service counter had moved across to next to the Self-Service counter; not sure if it is permanent or because it was so slow (Halloween)! They quickly inspected the EWC and checked my big suitcase in for me (34#).

It was really slow at the TSA checkpoint as well; I had Pre-TSA but was triggered for a random secondary inspection. They always swab the EWC, but this time also did my hands as well as wanded me!

I was cleared around 2:40pm, filled our water bottle up, and then found a seat in the food court dining area to wait for James, who arrived about 15mins later (without getting picked for that secondary inspection!). He said the parking lot was wide open too!

We headed down to our Gate (B21), where we found seats to wait for our plane & I got a Gate Claim Check for the EWC. I ate my Lunchables that I had brought with me, James ate his sandwich, & we marveled at how empty the concourse was!

I also marveled at how pink my cheeks were; usually I've over-heated when that happens, but I was very comfortable in the airport! The pink cheeks ended up staying with me throughout the afternoon & evening, so maybe I had an allergic reaction to something.

We preboarded and started breaking down the EWC to be gate-checked; however, the jetway had a blind curve in it and the Gate Agent started sending down the A group about a minute after we had left him, which is WAY before we are done with the EWC (usually we can do it on 3-4mins)! These customers started crowding the jetway, impeding our progress, and probably 25 people boarded before we were done. Luckily a nice man let us board in front of him & we found seats a few rows farther back than we usually sit; fortunately, the plane was only half full so it all worked out in the end! Yay for flying on holidays!

We left pretty much on time around 4:15pm; I had Coke Zero, James had ginger ale, & we both enjoyed the snack mix during our flight, before arriving early around 5:40pm. We flew over the LA Harbor and the Disneyland Resort, which was fun to see!

We collected the EWC & the suitcase, then I requested an XL ride from Lyft; Farzam arrived just before 6pm in a Toyota Highlander. There was a lot of commute traffic (of course!), but we were dropped off at the Camelot Inn about 30mins later; I checked us in and we received the ADA family suite #303/304.

Since it was Halloween, the hotels along Harbor Blvd. were hosting a Trick or Treat Trail for youngsters in costume; all they had to do was come in & get a treat or two at multiple locations along the street ~ much cheaper than going to the Oogie Boogie Bash inside Disney California Adventure that night!

We put our valuables into the safe and left around 7pm; I rode the EWC as far as The Pizza Press and then got out to let James take it the rest of the way to CVS (it's much easier on his hands in particular to hold his purchases on his lap than carry the heavy water & OJ in bags).

In the meantime, I ordered 2 cheese pizzas (me), 2 "Publish Your Own" pizzas (mostly veggie for James), and a Diet Coke. I ate about 2/3 of one of my pizzas while waiting for James to arrive and then he ate one of his pizzas. We carried the leftovers back to the room, along with our supplies from CVS, with me balancing the heavy water bottles on my lap.

We put our food in the fridges, James put the lights on the EWC, and we headed back out around 8:25pm; we quickly went through security & I stopped at the ECV rental place to ask whether I could leave my personal EWC with them when I rented an ECV from them for the parks (I was thinking of riding my EWC from the hotel to the rental place and then storing it there while renting their ECV, thereby saving my legs for the short distance between the two places) ~ the answer was YES, so good to know (they would issue me a claim check)! This is because my darn EWC motor is still acting up (I still think the battery strength is tied to it, but James says no; then why do I not have any issues when it is fully charged?).

We entered Disneyland Park and headed into Tomorrowland so I could add Debbie to my Disability Access Service pass for tomorrow (it was still valid from the last trip); the CM then gave us a DAS Return Time (RT) for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (9:01pm @ 8:41pm; standby = 30mins). We stopped to watch Lady Tremaine and her daughters lead the moves at the Villains Dance Party at Tomorrowland Terrace, which was very festive & fun to watch!

Villains Dance Party video = https://imgur.com/ELP39Gd

Around 9pm we went to ride Buzz; I scored 374,800 and he scored over 700k! Too bad the scores weren't on our pictures again, which was the case the entire trip! Hopefully they have fixed that issue by the time we go again in January.

We left for the motel and pulled over to the side of the sidewalk on Harbor to watch the Halloween Screams Fireworks when they began around 9:30pm.

Then I went to McDonald's for a BOGO double cheeseburger deal I could get through their app while James took the EWC back up to the room.

We shared the burgers before unpacking & getting settled; we also each watched TV on our respective TVs while I updated my trip notes & wrote out my postcards for my brother and my 95-year-old aunt. I was wired around 11pm, so I took 1/4 Tylenol PM before taking my shower & going to bed around midnight; James followed around 1:30am.

Thoughts about the day:
    • Boo for my darn EWC issues!!!
    • Yay because we've arrived!
    • Boo for the Buzz attraction photo issues!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Wednesday, November 1, 2023 (90o) ~ Part I
    Plan: Meet up with cousin Debbie; DCA/Disneyland

Actual: Dang ~ I had a rough night; I'd fallen asleep around 12:30am and then was awake again at 1am, even after taking that Tylenol PM ~ YUCK!!! I later was awake again at 5:30am ~ only 4 1/2 hours of sleep ~ boo!

I got up around 6:10am, had a couple of slices of my leftover pizza for breakfast & got ready to go; Debbie messaged me at 6:50am saying she was waiting for the parking lot to open ~ she's quite the early bird!

I left the room around 7:20am with just my cane; I'd decided not to bring the EWC over after all and mess with it still having issues even between the motel and there!

There were short lines everywhere, and I had no wait to rent my ECV; now I've been told on previous rentals that it's a lot easier for them to print the extra receipt for me (since the original receipt gets turned in at the end of the night with the ECV key) during the initial rental process so I asked for one this morning as I always do. CM Raymond did NOT want to do it and wanted me to wait until the end of the evening to get one instead and acted very put out to accommodate me. For some reason he felt he had to get up off his stool to get permission to do so & had to go to the back to find the supervisor; I was polite the whole time & just explained that I've always been told it was easier to get the receipt now rather than later. The lead was fine about it & I was finally on my way again.

I collected the ECV, went into DCA, and met up with Debbie just inside the entrance around 7:40am; it was so great to see her again! We'd agreed to do DCA today rather than DL because we hadn't had the chance to ride much together over here previously.

I made a DAS RT for Guardians of the Galaxy (7:50am @ 7:45am) and then we went over to the rope drop near Smokejumper's Grill to wait for 8am; we chatted until then and went straight to Soarin' Around the World. We were on the first car and they didn't even fill Section A for some reason!

After Soarin', we crisscrossed over to ride Guardians with our DAS; only two cars were operating ("I Want U Back").

I'd made our next DAS RT with WEB SLINGERS (8:34am @ 8:29am), but we decided to do Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! first since standby was only 10mins.

We next cut through Avengers Campus to ride WEB, where I beat Debbie 284,700 to 34,800 (she doesn't have much experience on this one yet!); our combined vehicle score was 685,200.

I had made a DAS RT for Toy Story Midway Mania! (9:41am @ 9:31am), but Debbie was ready for a snack since she'd gotten up so early, so we each did a mobile order for Corn Dog Castle for a pickup of now (9:53am) 10:25am (corn dog, chips, & large Diet Coke). We headed over there, picked up our orders around 10am, and found a nearby table to enjoy our snack.

After we finished eating, we went to ride Toy Story, where I was "Best In Vehicle" (since no James!) with my score of 181,700! Debbie scored a very respectable 108,000.

I'd made a DAS RT for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (10:38am @10:33am), so we headed over there next. I hadn't ridden this in years, certainly not since my mobility issues began in earnest a couple of years ago! It was a bit confusing to know where the accessible queue was and which corral to use, but I could ride the ECV over to whichever car we were going to use and then the CM moved it over to a corner where it would be out-of-the-way during my ride ~ very interesting! This is such a fun little attraction & I did my best not to slide into Debbie too much!

I stopped to get a DAS RT from the Guest Services kiosk by Mater's for Star Tours - The Adventures Continue (11:17am @ 11:02am) since it was in a different park, and then Debbie perused Elias & Co. looking for a specific top that she'd seen before and never was able to find again!

We park-hopped around 11:15am and rode Star Tours (Darth Vader, Tatooine pod race, Admiral Ackbar, & Coruscant), before going over to the Disneyland Railroad station in Tomorrowland for a full-circle tour of the park.

We hugged good-bye and I got off in Tomorrowland around 12:30pm, while Debbie continued on to the Main Street station, as she was ready to leave. I collected the ECV & called James, who was on his way.

As soon as he was in the park, I made a DAS RT for Buzz (1:09pm @ 12:44pm) since Rise of the Resistance was down & we met up around 12:50pm; he was hungry so we went to Plaza Inn, parked the ECV outside along the railing, & went inside. James got the Penne Pasta with Marinara (topped with Parmesan Cheese and served with a Breadstick), a side salad, & a Coke Zero, and I got the Monster Cake (Devils food cake, colorful white chocolate mousse, and buttercream).

After we finished eating, we went to ride Buzz around 1:20pm; again, no scores on the photos & I know I had a terribly crappy game and didn't even break 100k! We also noticed that the Top 10 score monitor wasn't accurate and would never update from day-to-day.

I'd made a DAS RT for Rise (2:01pm @ 1:21pm) so we started making our way in that direction; along the way I made a Location Return Time (LRT) at Peter Pan's Flight (2:03pm @ 1:23pm) before riding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride & Pinocchio's Daring Journey (I used the Transfer Access Vehicle) via their respectable accessible entrances.

We finally made it all the back to ride Rise & then James quickly perused the shops while I went to the restroom. We left Galaxy's Edge and stopped at the Guest Services kiosk on Big Thunder Mountain Trail so we could get a DAS RT for WEB (3:10pm @ 2:40pm), and then rode Peter with our LRT.

We park-hopped over to DCA and rode WEB, where James beat me for a change 221,700 to my 202,800! The total vehicle score was 838,100, which was #10 for this hour so whoo-hoo!

To be continued...
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Wednesday, November 1, 2023 (90o) ~ Part II
    Plan: Meet up with cousin Debbie; DCA/Disneyland

I'd made a quick DAS RT for The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure (3:17pm @ 3:07pm) as TSMM was down, so we headed over there next; TSMM was STILL down afterwards so I next made a DAS RT for Monsters Inc. (4pm @ 3:35pm) before going over to pick up our complimentary Magic Key totes that just started today.

We also rode Jumpin' Jellyfish because the wait was short; James always wants to do this one!

I tried to do a mobile order for Aunt Cass Cafe to get a sliced sourdough baguette, which you used to be able to do when they were still Pacific Wharf Cafe; however, the bread is no longer available to purchase via a mobile order so James stood in line to get it.

While he was in line and I was waiting for him outside, I noticed that TSMM was now up, so I called him to see if he wanted me to change the DAS RT from Monsters to TSMM; he said yes, so I cancelled the DAS RT for Monsters and then made the new one for TSMM (4:40pm @ 4:15pm).

When James finally had the bread, we headed towards TSMM, figuring we would be live by the time we got over there! Yes, James beat me 197,600 to my 165,000 and was again "Best In Vehicle"!

I was fading fast, so we headed towards the front of the park & perused Elias & Co., where I bought a Peter Pan tote.

We left DCA, returned the ECV key for the $20 refund, and walked down to Tony Roma's around 5:45pm. I ordered the Fried Mozzarella Sticks appetizer (8 lightly breaded Mozzarella sticks sprinkled with Asiago cheese and served with marinara sauce)...

...& a Diet Coke; James ordered the BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad (Roasted chicken breast drizzled with Original barbecue sauce on Romaine, roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, bacon, & fresh avocado, but without the Cheddar cheese; served with house-made BBQ onion ranch dressing on the side)...

...and iced tea, & we shared the yummy Potato Skins appetizer (6 crispy potato skins with a blend of melted cheeses, bacon and chives; served with sour cream) ~ all was very good!

We settled the check & arrived back at the room around 6:30pm. I worked on my trip notes and we watched Survivor and The Amazing Race together, before I took a shower and went to bed around 11:15pm (James followed around 2am).

Things we missed: Disneyland Railroad (James only), Star Tours (James only), Disneyland Monorail, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White's Enchanted Wish, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Indiana Jones Adventure, & Jungle Cruise.

Thoughts about the day:
    • Yay about spending time with Debbie again!
    • Boo for CM Raymond not wanting to press that extra button on the register to reprint the receipt so I could have a copy for my records!
    • Yay for experiencing lots of different attractions!
    • Boo for Buzz not printing scores on our photos!
    • Yay for delicious food!
    • Boo for sleeping issues!
    Pam

Thursday, November 2, 2023 (85o) ~ Part I
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; lunch at the Blue Bayou @ 11am

Actual: The alarm went off at 6:30am, so I got up, got ready, & left around 7:30am; there were short lines for both security & the ECV/WC/Stroller rental place, and I rented my ECV.

I used the special mobility entrance to the right of all the turnstiles, entered DL, and then pulled over to the side, intending to make a DAS RT for Space Mountain; however, it was down (EEK!) so I just went straight to Star Tours to park & ride via the elevator (Kylo Ren, Kef Bir, Maz Kanata, & Crait).

Space was still down so I went to ride Buzz; my notes say I scored 540,900, so it truly annoys me that I had no score on my photo!

I made a DAS RT for Haunted Mansion Holiday (8:35am @ 8:30am) and then I stopped at The Plaza Inn; last night I had noticed that we had been charged for Chicken vs the Penne Pasta with Marinara, a $4 upcharge, so I had brought the receipt with me to ask for an adjustment. I asked for a Lead and they took me inside and subsequently refunded the entire price of the mischarged entree instead of just the price difference! They apologized for the inconvenience and sent me on my way ~ aww, Magic Moment!

I stopped to listen to The Bootstrappers for a bit...

Bootstrappers video = https://imgur.com/QzVt0I8

...and then rode HMH via the accessible lane; they had me park the ECV outside and I took my cane with me just in case the attraction went down on me as it did last trip!

All went well & I soon was collecting my ECV and heading back out to the front; I pulled over to the side to make a DAS RT for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (9:15am @ 9:05am) and then headed in that direction, stopping to take photos of the Sailing Ship Columbia as she sailed past!

I parked the ECV by the attraction exit and went in to ride BTMR; afterwards I noticed that Space was STILL down, so I made a DAS RT for Snow White (9:27am @ 9:22am).

I headed into Fantasyland, parked the ECV in front of the King Arthur Carrousel, and made a LRT for Peter (9:50am @ 9:25am), before riding several attractions using a combination of DAS, LRT, & accessible entrances: Snow White, Toad, Pinocchio, & Peter Pan.

I got my ECV and came through Sleeping Beauty Castle to find the Disneyland Band arriving for a performance! I watched them for awhile...

Disneyland Band video = https://imgur.com/LsZTMT1

...& then headed towards the Blue Bayou, parking the ECV alongside the Cafe Orleans building. I sat there working on my trip notes while waiting for James; he called around 10:30am and said he was on his way, so I got in the line to check-in at the podium. They directed me to sit inside and then James arrived around 10:50am.

To be continued...
    Pam

Thursday, November 2, 2023 (85o) ~ Part II

I went outside and got a LRT for Pirates of the Caribbean which would be ready after we ate (11:18am @ 10:53am) and then we waited to be called inside to our table. We had a waterside table and our server was Tina.

Since they now have Prime Rib, which is much fattier than filet mignon, I changed up my order to the Creole Roasted Chicken (with Roasted Shrimp, but without the Andouille Sausage, and mashed potatoes instead of the Creole Rice, and no Creole Sauce) with a Diet Coke...

...and James got the Sunchoke and Pistachio Pesto Pasta (Charred Heirloom Cauliflower, Bloomsdale Spinach and Crispy Parmesan Crisps) and his usual Mint Julep.

While we were waiting for our food, I kept checking to see if Rise was back up (it had been down ever since I started checking around 10:30am); it finally was back up so I made a DAS RT (12:15pm @ 11:20am). I also cancelled the Blue Bayou reservation I had for tomorrow.

I was very happy with my modified entree and it wasn't too spicy at all! For dessert, we shared the Creme Brulee Tart (Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee in a Tart Shell).

We settled the bill just after noon, collected my ECV, and went to ride Pirates via the exit. Our next stop was to head towards GE and ride Rise before it went down on us! Oops, I said that too soon; it went down on us right after we got into our ride vehicle! We waited where we were about 20mins while they cycled back through things and then were able to ride the entire attraction with no more issues!

I'd gotten a DAS RT for Buzz right after we checked into Rise (1:25pm @ 12:55pm), so we headed in that direction next; we also stopped for a LRT at Alice in Wonderland along the way (2:14pm @ 1:54pm).

We rode Buzz, but we don't remember the scores since they still aren't on the photos! James faded and left for the room just after 2pm, so I tried to cancel the Alice LRT in the app but it wouldn't let me.

I went over to get a LRT for Space, which was finally up! I asked the CM to delete the Alice LRT, since I'd been unable to. When I realized that the RT was for 90mins away (3:40pm @ 2:10pm), I cancelled it in the app, as I planned to be in the other park by then! My fingers are crossed that I will be successful tomorrow.

I stopped at the Guest Services kiosk for a Guardians DAS RT (3:06pm @ 2:26pm) & then I went to see The Enchanted Tiki Room at 2:40pm.

I park-hopped around 3pm and headed over to ride Guardians ("Hit Me With Your Best Shot").

I wanted to get a DAS RT at TSMM for later, but James had not entered DCA yet today, so I went back to DL to ask a Guest Services CM to do it (4:25pm @ 3:55pm) & then returned to DCA; park-hopping in such a short timeframe flagged me in the system, so a lead had to clear me ~ OOPS!!!

I had intended to go to Mickey's PhilharMagic, but it was down, so I just found a quiet spot to update my trip notes.

James called at 4:40pm, so I told him to meet me at TSMM; he arrived about 15mins later (fast walker!) and then outscored me as usual: 210,400 (BIV!) vs 191,000!

I had made a DAS RT for WEB (5:32pm @ 4:57pm), but we went over to eat dinner first at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, where James got his usual spaghetti & meatballs with pomodoro sauce, I got a slice of cheese pizza & breadsticks, and we shared a Coke Zero.

After we ate, James went to check on the single rider queue for Radiator Springs Racers while I headed towards WEB; it was about 40mins long, so he decided to skip it. We met back up at WEB and dang if he didn't outscore me again here: 265,200 to my 229.800! The total vehicle score was 563,800, so not good enough for the Top 10.

I'd made a DAS RT for Soarin' (6:38pm @ 6:03pm) so we headed over there after perusing the new Avengers Vault store (very hard to navigate an ECV in those small aisles!).

I'd made our last DAS RT for Monsters (6:41pm @ 6:36pm; usually this has been having huge waits during the day & night, so it must have just come up!), so we went there next.

I was absolutely done by this time, so James went to peruse Off the Page while I went to return the ECV; we met back up and headed to the room.

We watched the Big Brother finale and then I logged on to purchase $200 Disney eGift Cards from Sam's Club that were 10% off for a Doorbuster sale that began at 12am ET, which I knew to be 9pm PT! Score ~ I was able to buy 2 of them with my membership!!!

I also worked on my trip notes while watching the show, and was able to get in bed around 11:15pm (James followed around 1:30pm).

Things we missed: Space Mountain (me only, James hates it!), Disneyland Railroad, Disneyland Monorail, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, Tale of the Lion King, & Radiator Springs Racers.

Thoughts about the day:
    • Yay for the Plaza Inn Magic Moment!
    • Boo for Space Mountain being down all morning!
    • Yay for our Blue Bayou lunch!
    • Boo for the Buzz photo system still not functioning!
    • Yay for doing lots of attractions!
    • Oops for my rapid park-hopping!
    • Yay for my Disney eGift Card score with Sam's Club!
    Pam

Friday, November 3, 2023 (84o) ~ Part I

Actual: No Space Mountain all week means one thing: IT'S DO OR DIE TIME!!! I got up at 6:30am (groan), got ready, and left the room at 7:30am; there were short lines for security & the ECV/WC/Stroller rental place, where I rented an ECV before heading into DL. Darn it all that I got CM Raymond again for my transaction, but at least this time he printed my receipt copy without too much protest!

I again used the mobility entrance at the right side of the turnstiles and pulled over once I got inside to see if Space was open this morning ~ YES!!! I made a DAS RT (7:57am @ 7:52am) and headed down towards Tomorrowland to wait for rope drop.

I went straight to the exit of Space, parked my ECV, went up to the podium to ask about riding, and was sent down for the next rocket! Over the next hour I rode 5 times, the first 3 because there wasn't anybody waiting to ride via the accessible rocket & the other 2 with DAS (DAS RT #2 = 8:52am @ 8:47am)!

They were starting to get busy and the wait time was getting longer, so I collected my ECV, made a DAS RT for Haunted Mansion Holiday (9:04am @ 8:59am), and then rode Buzz because standby was only 5mins (my notes say I scored 375,800, but again there were no scores on the pictures).

I parked my ECV outside of Star Tours and rode via the elevator, since standby was only 10mins; this time I got Darth Vader, Tatooine pod race, Yoda, & Naboo.

I collected the ECV and headed into Adventureland; I stopped to find the Little Man's House outside of Indiana Jones Adventure (I needed help from a very nice CM to locate it!), as I'd read about it and had never seen it before!

I rode HMH via the accessible entrance, leaving the ECV outside and hoping for no issues!

Surviving HMH, I'd made a DAS RT for BTMR (10:16am @ 10:01am) and headed in that direction; about the time I arrived at the exit I realized there were no trains running and the attraction had gone down! My DAS turned into a Lightning Lane Experience Redemption, so I left it for now.

I found a quiet spot to update my trip notes and then made a mobile order at Award Wieners for pickup between 10:55am 11:25am (it was currently around 10:40am) = the Bacon Street Dog (All-Beef Hot Dog with crispy Bacon Crumbles served on a Toasted Bun with Filmstrip Fries, but without the House-made Roasted Red Pepper Ketchup, Grilled Onions, or Bell Peppers; essentially I paid $0.80 for the bacon over the basic hot dog ~ LOL!) and a large Diet Coke.

I made my way through DL and over to DCA, timing my park-hopping for exactly 11am! Once inside, I made a DAS RT for Guardians (11:41am @ 11:01am) and then went to AW. I picked out a table, parked my ECV next to it, and let them know I was there, ready to eat!

I enjoyed my lunch and then went to see Mickey's PhilharMagic, as it was about to start; OMG, it was FREEZING in there! You know if I'm cold then it is REALLY cold!!! How nice that the water features were working so well ~ I got spritzed several times!

I then rode Guardians with my DAS ("Born to be Wild") and subsequently made another one (12:10pm @ 11:45am), intending to ride it again. However, by the time I was done with the first ride I didn't have enough time to ride it before checking in for our flight home at 12:35pm, so I just sat on the ECV in the shade updating my trip notes.

James called at 12:30pm to say he was on his way, so I told him where I was and then cancelled the Guardians DAS RT. I checked us in at 12:35pm (B2 &B3, although we will preboard with the EWC) and then made a DAS RT for TSMM once I saw that James was in the park (12:56pm @ 12:36pm).

We met up a few minutes later and headed back to ride TSMM; James beat me 198,800 to my 166,800 and was again BIV!

I'd made a DAS RT for Radiator Springs Racers (1:14pm @ 12:54pm; it must have been down!), so we headed there next.

My next DAS RT was for WEB (1:53pm @ 1:28pm), so that was our next destination; this time I outscored James 282,600 vs 205,500, and our total vehicle score was 843,400, which was #9 that hour!!!

Our last DAS RT in DCA this trip was for Soarin' (2:07pm @ 1:52pm), so we went there next, before going into Smokejumper's Grill so James could get his lunch! He ordered the Grilled Chicken Salad (Chicken Breast, Mixed Lettuce, Black Beans, Corn, Peppers, Cotija Cheese, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds with a Cilantro Lime Dressing) and I got the Double Cheeseburger (two Angus Beef Patties & Cheddar served with Crinkle-cut Fries, but without the Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Grilled Onion and SJG Burger Sauce); we also shared a large Diet Coke.

While waiting for the food, I went over to the Guest Services kiosk to ask for a DAS RT for Rise (3:23pm @ 2:58pm = WHAT???) and then came back to eat inside with James, who ate my fries with his salad.

To be continued...
    Pam

Friday, November 3, 2023 (84o) ~ Part II

When we finished, we park-hopped over to DL around 3:20pm; we switched phones so James could use the Lightning Lane Experience Redemption at Buzz (he has a flip phone with no data, so no app), while I went to get a LRT at Indy (3:57pm @ 3:32pm).

We met back up and rode Rise, then I immediately got another DAS RT because it was less than 30mins away (DAS RT #2 = 4:18pm @ 3:53pm)!!! These short return times were unbelievable!! The park was busy, but apparently not terribly so!!!

We rode Rise a second time and then headed to HMH, as I'd made a DAS RT for it after checking in for our second Rise ride (4:38pm @ 4:18pm).

Haunted Mansion Holiday video = https://imgur.com/GEvvhbH

We were mindful of the time as we wanted to see the Tale of the Lion King show, and this was our last chance before it ends in early January; the last performance of the day was at 5:45pm so we headed over there next instead of riding Indy.

Once we were seated in the theater, I made a DAS RT for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (5:58pm @ 5:23pm), and then we enjoyed the show!

We exited the theater and went straight over to ride MM&RR; the LL/DAS return queue was the busiest we've ever seen it, very filled in!

I managed to get another DAS RT while waiting in the queue, this time for Star Tours (6:23pm @ 6:18pm), so we headed in that direction next. Buzz was a walk-on, so James did that one last time and then we rode ST together (Darth Vader, Kashyyyk, Admiral Ackbar, & Boba Fett).

Of course, now that we were ready to ride Indy, it was down!

I went into the Candy Palace and joined the long queue for some peanut butter squares and chocolate chip cookies (I can't mobile order the PB squares).

I met back up with James and checked again on Indy; it was still down, so James went to Disneyana to look around and I said goodbye to Walt and the Resort for this trip. I left the park to return the ECV key for the $20 refund and then waited for James to catch up to me; I made a mobile order using the McDonald's app for the BOGO double cheeseburger and a regular double hamburger, so we stopped there to pick it up and go to the room to eat (it's now about 8:30pm).

Around 9:30pm, I stepped outside the room to watch Mickey's Mix Magic with Fireworks (well, at least the fireworks part anyway!).

Hidden Mickey Firework = https://imgur.com/lxJbfnH

Fireworks finale video = https://imgur.com/4aytigh

We did some preliminary packing, watched TV, I updated my trip notes, and made it to bed around midnight.

Things we missed: We were able to hit almost everything on our must-do list we wanted to today, except for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Indiana Jones Adventure, Disneyland Railroad, & the Disneyland Monorail.

Thoughts about the day:
    • Yay for multiple rides on Space Mountain, FINALLY!!!
    • Boo for the freezing temps in Mickey's PhilharMagic!!!
    • Yay for two back-to-back rides on Rise of the Resistance!!!
    • Boo for the Buzz photo system again!!!
    • Yay for the short DAS RT times all day!!!
    • Boo for missing Indiana Jones Adventure, although my body probably thanks us for it!!!
    Pam

Saturday, November 4, 2023 (81o)
    Plan: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Actual: I was up around 8am and James was up around 8:30am; we finished our packing and checked out just before 10am.

I requested an XL Lyft ride and Rafael picked us up around 10am in a GMC Acadia; he was a great driver and had us at the airport around 10:25am.

I took the EWC and the big suitcase up to the counter while James waited with everything else; the agent checked in my bag (37.5#), inspected the EWC, and gave us both paper boarding passes (B2 & B3, although we have pre-boarding).

We met back up and headed down to the Pre-TSA queue, where my chocolate treats triggered an extra inspection!

Afterwards, we collected everything and headed down to Carl's Jr. We found a table in the dining area & James waited with our stuff while I ordered a cheese quesadilla with no Pico de Gallo for me, a bean/rice burrito without cheese nor Pico de Gallo for James, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and a medium Coke Zero for us to share; unfortunately, the staff member misunderstood me on James' burrito & forgot the rice as well, plus he had charged us for chicken! It was only about a dollar difference, so they ended up giving us an order of fries for the mistake.

After we finished our lunch, we filled our water bottle & then took everything all the way down to Gate 18; I asked a Gate Agent for a claim check for my EWC, and we settled in to wait for our plane.

We had a much earlier departure than we usually do; it was scheduled for 12:35pm but was about 30mins late departing. It was completely full; we had our usual snacks (Ginger Ale, Coke Zero, & Snack Mix), saw Half-Dome...

...and arrived in Sacramento about 20mins late. We collected the EWC & the suitcase, then I waited with everything while James went to get the car. He paid for parking and picked me up just after 3pm.

Neither of us were hungry, so we went straight home, arriving around 3:30pm. Steve was just leaving, so he gave us the key & a quick update on Tommy!

Thoughts about the day:
    • Yay for another pretty uneventful travel day!

Up Next: Our next trip is scheduled for January 16-20, after the MLK holiday weekend and the return of the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend! Hopefully, the crowds will leave by the time we arrive.

Summary & Final Thoughts: A great trip, albeit a bit warm for November! It was great seeing my cousin Debbie again and the crowds weren't too bad either, especially on Friday!

Highlights include:
    • DAS as always, a pain-saver option for me!
    • Spending time with cousin Debbie again!
    • Seeing "The Tale of the Lion King" show one last time!!!
    • Riding almost everything we wanted to ~ whoo-hoo!!!

Lowlights include:
    • Having to rent the ECV since we didn't have the replacement motor for my electric wheelchair before we left!
    • The stupid scoring software not working correctly on Buzz, with neither scores on photos nor updated scores on the Top 10 monitor!
    • Missing Indiana Jones Adventure, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Alice in Wonderland, & Jungle Cruise, which was unexpectedly closed during our trip!

Until next time ~ hope you enjoyed it!!!
    Pam