Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DLR CMs get new name badges with favorite character listed instead of hometown

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

DLR CMs get new name badges with favorite character listed instead of hometown

"In honor of the Walt Disney Co.’s 100th anniversary, Disneyland employees received new name badges that displayed their favorite character instead of their hometown."

Click here for full article.

PS. I sent in an article correction to change "employees" to Cast Members (*eyeroll*) and Watt Disney to Walt Disney (*double eyeroll*). Obvioulsy no one is minding the store or editing over there these days...

Karin

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post

PS. I sent in an article correction to change "employees" to Cast Members (*eyeroll*) and Watt Disney to Walt Disney (*double eyeroll*). Obvioulsy no one is minding the store or editing over there these days...
    My biggest pet peeve right now (and its common across a lot of media) is calling this Disneyland 100 and not Disney 100. So even KNX radio the other day said "the 100th birthday of Disneyland? hmm I didnt know that". They corrected the info on the next break.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

It figures on the wrong words or wording of things. Yet you would think being in the general area that they would get it right the first time and spell check.

BTW, I did see about the name tags a bit ago. I was joking around with what I would pick because of my name. My daughter gave me that look over it too. Yet when you have a name of a Disney Princess why wouldn't pick one of the characters from that movie to have fun with it? LOL

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

i actually dont know who i'd pick. I have so many. Though currently its either Goofy or Rocket from GOTG. His snarky attitude is perfect for me.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i actually dont know who i'd pick. I have so many. Though currently its either Goofy or Rocket from GOTG. His snarky attitude is perfect for me.
    Since we have no way of knowing, unless a CM chimes in, of knowing which characters *were* and *weren't* on the list to choose from... my favorite is and always has been Winnie the Pooh, and that one didn't crack the top 10. *sigh*
    Karin

Blog Entries
    Since we have no way of knowing, unless a CM chimes in, of knowing which characters *were* and *weren't* on the list to choose from... my favorite is and always has been Winnie the Pooh, and that one didn't crack the top 10. *sigh*
    From watching tiki tok from Disney parks I've seen some obscure characters and also in the parks. Someone has 22 on their badge. I had to look it up.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

I love Pooh Bear. He just makes me smile. I just was watching the Andy Griffith episode last night that had Sterling Holloway in it.

I do wonder what characters were left off the list. Sort of weird to just give anyone that didn't pick Mickey Mouse. SMH The top 10 is a bit of an odd mix it seems like. While I love Stitch and Tink there is no way I would pick them. Olaf would be on mine.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    From watching tiki tok from Disney parks I've seen some obscure characters and also in the parks. Someone has 22 on their badge. I had to look it up.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk
    Yes that was in the picture I saw and had to look up 22 as well. I didn't watch that movie as it didn't interest me so that explained why I had no idea who it was.

The last time WDW did this (it must have been 25 years ago but then it was favorite Disney memory, not character), my favorite bartender at Pleasure Island put "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" on her nametag. After a little back-and-forth I teased out what she was getting at, and from that day forward she became known as my "bondage witch". And this, boys and girls, is why Disney corporate is so careful about what they allow CMs to put on their name tags!

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    The last time WDW did this (it must have been 25 years ago but then it was favorite Disney memory, not character), my favorite bartender at Pleasure Island put "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" on her nametag. After a little back-and-forth I teased out what she was getting at, and from that day forward she became known as my "bondage witch". And this, boys and girls, is why Disney corporate is so careful about what they allow CMs to put on their name tags!
    LOL That is so funny. Thanks for sharing that story.