Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Reservation Questions

Reservation Questions

Hi. I have an Inspire Key and have booked my first reservation. Reading over the calendar, it appeared I could book both parks for the same day (both were available), yet while going through the actual booking, I was only able to book one park.

How do I book both parks for the same day so I can park hop?
    If I do end up booking both parks and then only enter one park that day, does that count as a no show since I did not visit the second park?

Thanks

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ctemkg View Post
    Hi. I have an Inspire Key and have booked my first reservation. Reading over the calendar, it appeared I could book both parks for the same day (both were available), yet while going through the actual booking, I was only able to book one park.

If I do end up booking both parks and then only enter one park that day, does that count as a no show since I did not visit the second park?

Thanks
    You don't need to book both parks to park hop. Just make your reservation for the park where you want to start, then hop after the designated time (currently 1 PM, moving to 11 AM on 2/04/23). If you visit the parks after the designated park hopping time, it doesn't matter which park you visit. Just make sure to go through the turnstiles at either park so that you don't count as a no-show.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks
    If both parks are showing when you make your reservation it just means that you can choose which park to start in. If only 1 park is showing, then you can only choose that park to start in. Hopping is available to all Keys after 1 pm (11 am after Feb. 4, I think...) regardless of which parks is showing availability for a reservation/start park. Hope that rambling made sense.
    Karin

Thanks tea4two and Karin for the information. As I read over your comments, as long as I have a reservation for one park, I can hop over to the second after the start time of 1:00 or possibly 11:00 starting next month.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Thanks tea4two and Karin for the information. As I read over your comments, as long as I have a reservation for one park, I can hop over to the second after the start time of 1:00 or possibly 11:00 starting next month.

Thanks
    Yes. Have a wonderful visit!
    Karin

I miss the old days - just to complicated for a fun visit

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    yes - and we keep hearing the words "here to stay" for a lot of it. Ugh.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Agreed, and yet the parks are FULL! What it's like now is what it was like pre-pandemic closure, IMO. I would really hate to see what they'd be like if Disney *weren't* limiting capacity.
    Karin

hmm. Im afraid you may be right. But I see where WDW is going to allow passholders to enter certain days after 2pm without reservations. Do you think this policy has to eventually make its way to Anaheim? More importantly, do you see it as a gradual phasing out of reservations? I dunno, but through nearly 3 years of the hits keep coming / the beatings will stop once morale improves type news for passholders, this feels like a first glimmer of hope in what I hope will be many more.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Agreed, and yet the parks are FULL! What it's like now is what it was like pre-pandemic closure, IMO. I would really hate to see what they'd be like if Disney *weren't* limiting capacity.
    In some ways - probably less crowded? Because now people are having to plan around their trips to Disneyland instead of merely aspiring to go.

For instance, over the Christmas break we went twice on rainy days. It worked out fine, but if it wasn't for the reservations, we probably would have proposed to the people we were going with that we wait a few days to see if there was a break in the weather. And this weekend I have a reservation but also other plans. So I'm actively trying to decide if we are going to 1) cancel, 2) go even if we are exhausted, or 3) keep the reservation, don't go if we are exhausted, and take the no-show. If reservations weren't required, we wouldn't even consider going. But I made the reservations before I realized that we were double booked and I want to go, so I'm trying to figure out if/how to make it work.

Having said that - I do think without reservations the after work crowd would be so much worse. I don't know how bad Mon-Thurs is, but I'm guessing if we ever go "no reservations required after a certain time" those would be the days that Disney would start with (I'm thinking largely the for days that were "good to go" back when FlexPasses were a thing which I think mirrored the So Cal Select pass but may have had a few more/less days that didn't need reservations).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    hmm. I’m afraid you may be right. But I see where WDW is going to allow passholders to enter certain days after 2pm without reservations. Do you think this policy has to eventually make its way to Anaheim? More importantly, do you see it as a gradual phasing out of reservations? I dunno, but through nearly 3 years of “the hits keep coming / the beatings will stop once morale improves” type news for passholders, this feels like a first glimmer of hope in what I hope will be many more.
    I dont know - it does seem though that Anaheim has not had the same goals for managing passholders (MK Holders) as Florida. Rightfully so - since our passholder population is a huge percentage of guests that go to the parks compared to WDW. I think the post-2pm will only be a WDW thing simply because their volume does not make a significant impact - and may actually help keeping the parks busy later in the day as week-long guests might bow out to hit their resorts or dine there.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Having said that - I do think without reservations the after work crowd would be so much worse. I don't know how bad Mon-Thurs is, but I'm guessing if we ever go "no reservations required after a certain time" those would be the days that Disney would start with (I'm thinking largely the for days that were "good to go" back when FlexPasses were a thing which I think mirrored the So Cal Select pass but may have had a few more/less days that didn't need reservations).
    Currence is right in that now with reservations you have to keep your plans. None of this last minute decision yes or no. Unless like me you live so close you can hop over to the main gate and walk in/walk out (if someone is waiting for you at drop off lot - or you park fairly close. Still takes about 45 min total).

I agree on the limitations to having any kind of after work or after 2pm no ressies. We saw during the build up of the holidays that on some days the evenings around show times were so packed - and thats all attributed to locals with passes. since the attractions had very low wait times by that point in the evening. Thats most likely why if anything it would only be Mon through Thur - and I would posit a theory that it would only be Tue - Thur. Since it seemed Mondays last fall were just as busy - or more - than Saturdays.

In general - because they've used so much effort to build the MK program - and trying to control access - the fact that the park is still making lots of $$ means they wont change anything for MK holders. Need to keep reminding ourselves that the lesser goal - MK holder satisfaction - is kind of low on the totem pole compared to revenue and per day guest spend.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    In general - because they've used so much effort to build the MK program - and trying to control access - the fact that the park is still making lots of $$ means they wont change anything for MK holders. Need to keep reminding ourselves that the lesser goal - MK holder satisfaction - is kind of low on the totem pole compared to revenue and per day guest spend.
    I saw vlogger FreshBaked bought a ticket between Christmas-New Year's just to go and see what the crowds would be like with no MK holders in the park, when all levels were blocked out. It was packed! He was shocked to see it and know that everyone had paid full pop to be there that day.
    Karin

Blog Entries
    I saw vlogger FreshBaked bought a ticket between Christmas-New Year's just to go and see what the crowds would be like with no MK holders in the park, when all levels were blocked out. It was packed! He was shocked to see it and know that everyone had paid full pop to be there that day.
    I believe someone else bought the tickets for him actually. He mentions it very quickly.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    I believe someone else bought the tickets for him actually. He mentions it very quickly.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk
    My apology, yes. I should've said he had a ticket during the blackout time at the end of the year. Thanks, olegc.
    Karin

Its been worse in many cases IMO than before covid. Yet before it was where we, as guests, could sort out how we went about the day and it sort of shuffled us all around in the manner that I think the guests took control more so over the crowd control bit. So if some felt DL was to packed in the mornings but could hop they went to DCA if it was quieter or the other way around. We can't do that now. So you are stuck with a packed park generally until the hopping can happen. Also having the MKers locked in on dates because of reservations doesn't help either when we would get hit with the no show if we don't go. While in the past we could have decided at that morning to just not go and it was ok. I think that is a big part of it as well. I doubt most will decide to go park, take the tram and scan in to just not get the no show but will instead stay and do a few things before leaving. The after work folks never bothered us. At times we were those folks but we weren't there to watch the parades or fireworks like some do. I know we would get bored watching that stuff over and over again like some seem to do. We rather grab a meal, some shopping and many times we will do a few rides. It really helps with things when they have the back walkways open as well for dealing with getting in and out on either side so unless you have to get to certain shops on Main St you can avoid things when there is a parade or fireworks.

Why does it surprise people? I never get this because I had said for many years that that time has ALWAYS been packed because of ticket guests mostly and most APers were probably out of town compared to local. It was packed back in the 80s even during that time and we just had Disneyland to go to. I won't forget it and being there with a friend in the late 80s. Yet lots of people do have that tradition to go during that time no matter what and know its crazy crowded. I wonder if some bought tickets assuming it wouldn't be because the MKers were all blocked this year. LOL I have never see wait times like that on the app before. Even before covid with how slammed it got they were never like that. I do wonder how many MKers did buy tickets to keep traditions on trips they would take during that time (I know there was some out there who weren't local) or how many just did it for NYE tradition.
    BTW, this is also another thing that as locals if we aren't blocked out could decide at the last minute that the parks looked to crowded by the wait times so decide not to go last minute. While now we can't do that. Yet as locals I think most of us know when its better to stay away from the parks because of the crowds....like that week between Christmas and New Year's.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

Plus it was the first big Holiday time post lockdown where so many people were travelling across the country. I wonder how long this "we were stuck lets spend money and travel" will go on. Airplanes are still way full.