Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disneyland Resort 2023 Changes

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Having now viewed the before and proposed after side-by-side, I am underwhelmed at the notion of turning square tables into round ones, plus the other few changes that will be made. Seriously, I would love someone to take a before/now photo at the same location and we could all play the "spot the differences" game with the two photos.
    If I think of it, the next time I'm in the parks I will try to take a bunch from the different viewpoints for what is there now. It would be a bit of fun to see the difference in photos that way once its all finished up with the remodel.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    So the Disney photo shows Tiana waiving from her balcony. My first thought was "does that balcony currently exist?" So then I googled and found Davelandweb, which has a few great photos that when compared side-to-side with the new images really show that this is mostly just going to be changing the set decorations and probably getting rid of some of the shade structures.

I honestly didn't remember that balcony, but apparently it's been there since at least the 60's. I think it's because the shade structures that are currently there make it very difficult to see while in the food court area. So they will (at least temporarily) get rid of the ones that block the direct view of the balcony and update the lighting/signage. And then people will complain about being in direct sun and they'll bring them back. I'm guessing that they will keep the entrance where it is, and still have the exit under the Tiana sign. Structurally, this is going to be a very easy remodel - at least as compared to trying to re-do Hungry Bear to make it fit within a New Orleans theme.

Having now viewed the before and proposed after side-by-side, I am underwhelmed at the notion of turning square tables into round ones, plus the other few changes that will be made. Seriously, I would love someone to take a before/now photo at the same location and we could all play the "spot the differences" game with the two photos.
    interesting. I've visited Dave's social media pages before. I will have to go back.

As to the lighting. YES. I guess I'm getting older but I always think Disneyland's outdoor lighting is very poor - particularly in dining areas. Hopefully some is added.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney