Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Magic Keys 2023 and Disney100

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Magic Keys 2023 and Disney100

So is everyone as underwhelmed with the Magic Key offerings for 2923 and Disney 100 as I am? Wow. And more block out dates. Imagine is blocked for the entire holiday period.

See the Disneyland App, Magic Key Portal

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    So is everyone as underwhelmed with the Magic Key offerings for 2923 and Disney 100 as I am? Wow. And more block out dates. Imagine is blocked for the entire holiday period.

See the Disneyland App, Magic Key Portal

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk
    Reason number 32 why we haven't bought - 30plus years as Sig plus/top tier holder. Until they restore some sanity and simplicity we're not buying an AP.

I am not to into the offerings that ever happen usually and its never much to begin with when they do them. So no surprise on what it has at this point. Seems most is something to buy and its not stuff I care for. I will say that the blocked days they added is insane. It wasn't just Imagine. They added more for others also that weren't blocked before on certain weekends or more around the holidays. We will end up probably rethinking things once Oct comes. More so because I am sure they will up the prices again before renewal time and probably add more blocked days ahead for all that don't buy the highest one.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Magic Key sales are open again.

Note: "New pass sales will be paused nightly at 10 p.m., according to the website. Guests can remain in the queue overnight, and sales will resume no earlier than 9 a.m. the following day."
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Magic Key sales are open again.

Note: "New pass sales will be paused nightly at 10 p.m., according to the website. Guests can remain in the queue overnight, and sales will resume no earlier than 9 a.m. the following day."
    Sounds about right with Dream Keys that probably were ending at this time. What a weird setup though to do a pause in it though. Hopefully those that end up in a queue don't end up with the same issues that seemed to have happened last time where they lost out on being able to buy one. Sounded like such a mess. Also note that Enchant Key is only for renewals at this point it says.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Activation question:

Hi everyone.
    Thanks in advance if u can help with this.
    If I was to purchase 1 of the passes that includes parking and 4 of the ones in next tier down and pay in full now, do you think I could wait until July 2023 to activate? Or is there a fuse (3 months or some such) by which time I must activate?

When parks shut down March 2020, I was holding 3 inactivated fully paid for APs that had been purchased Dec. 2019 with plans for me activating them summer 2020. This is how I know Disney used to leave it open to activate at my convenience. BUT I fear that’s changed with how customer unfriendly everything else has become.

Any insight or knowledge of the fine print? Thanks.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Activation question:

Hi everyone.
    Thanks in advance if u can help with this.
    If I was to purchase 1 of the passes that includes parking and 4 of the ones in next tier down and pay in full now, do you think I could wait until July 2023 to activate? Or is there a fuse (3 months or some such) by which time I must activate?

When parks shut down March 2020, I was holding 3 inactivated fully paid for APs that had been purchased Dec. 2019 with plans for me activating them summer 2020. This is how I know Disney used to leave it open to activate at my convenience. BUT I fear that’s changed with how customer unfriendly everything else has become.

Any insight or knowledge of the fine print? Thanks.
    If you buy now it will show a year from now date to activate them and then of course the date will change once you do to a year after first use. So you will be fine buying them now and activating them in the summer.

Perfect. Thanks BP. There was a time I’d have been in the know on these things. A combination of the pandemic and Chapek’s “innovations” sapped my enthusiasm.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Np. I get it. Even with who is in charge now, you just never know what they will toss into things at this point. LOL