Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Star Wars hotel reportedly at 25% capacity at times

Blog Entries

Star Wars hotel reportedly at 25% capacity at times

WDW's expensive Star Wars hotel has reportedly been at 25% capacity at times.

​​​​​​​https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/galactic-s...Zc-KNoUl2eqd9o

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    WDW's expensive Star Wars hotel has reportedly been at 25% capacity at times.

​​​​​​​https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/galactic-s...Zc-KNoUl2eqd9o

One of my friends had the comment that as expensive as it was when it opened, she kinda wanted to go while it was still a totally immersive/all inclusive package. Because once the demand dropped then a lot of the included activities would probably become optional extras, and then no longer be offered at all. It does certainly seem like it's heading that direction - because the easiest way to increase occupancy is to decrease cost. And the easiest way to justify a decrease in cost is to reduce benefits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    One of my friends had the comment that as expensive as it was when it opened, she kinda wanted to go while it was still a totally immersive/all inclusive package. Because once the demand dropped then a lot of the included activities would probably become optional extras, and then no longer be offered at all. It does certainly seem like it's heading that direction - because the easiest way to increase occupancy is to decrease cost. And the easiest way to justify a decrease in cost is to reduce benefits.
    I predict they'll switch to one-night experiences and one-day (no night) options at much lower prices. It'll still probably be overpriced.