Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holidays 2022 food and merch

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

We went yesterday to DCA and explored the Holiday Food Booths. We bought a Sip n Savor Card. We used 6 tabs by getting the Brisket Slider, Ham Slider, Mac n Cheese with Carnitas, Southwest Mac n Cheese, Pork Belly with Fried Garlic Rice and Turkey Poutine.

The sliders were good, the brisket being the overwhelming favorite of the day. The rest was just meh. DH and I agreed we were underwhelmed. The poutine was the least favorite, sadly. It was mushy sweet potato tot-like, not french fry-ish and was a small amount of food for the price.

When we go back we'll use the last 2 tabs on the sliders and be done.

The Cherry Mango drink was nice but not worth going out of our way for again, IMO. We paid for that one and didn't use a tab for it.

Karin

2. # ADS

We grabbed the brisket slider and ham slider. I will say that I agree with my kids that the smells from those 2 things were not the most pleasant. In many ways I was so glad that for some reason the cranberry-bacon jam thing on the ham one ended up fall off to one side of it. That was not good. The ham, cheese and bun were fine though. My husband had the brisket slider. He was not a fan of the horseradish ketchup and it seemed to have made his bun soggy but he said the meat was really good in it. That was all we had the chance to try though since we had the kids with us and they aren't into that stuff. There is only a couple things I really want to try still and it was sweets so will do that next time.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    We grabbed the brisket slider and ham slider. I will say that I agree with my kids that the smells from those 2 things were not the most pleasant. In many ways I was so glad that for some reason the cranberry-bacon jam thing on the ham one ended up fall off to one side of it. That was not good. The ham, cheese and bun were fine though. My husband had the brisket slider. He was not a fan of the horseradish ketchup and it seemed to have made his bun soggy but he said the meat was really good in it. That was all we had the chance to try though since we had the kids with us and they aren't into that stuff. There is only a couple things I really want to try still and it was sweets so will do that next time.
    wow. a 180 from what most reports have been on the sliders.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    wow. a 180 from what most reports have been on the sliders.
    Oh I know. I had seen so many good reviews on them. Yet that did not turn out great for us and was a shame. Yet it does seem to happen with some of the food from time to time I've noticed when reading other's reviews where one person one day gets a good item and either later in the day or the next can get a bad one or not as good. Oh well...on to the few treats next time that I wanted to try.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh I know. I had seen so many good reviews on them. Yet that did not turn out great for us and was a shame. Yet it does seem to happen with some of the food from time to time I've noticed when reading other's reviews where one person one day gets a good item and either later in the day or the next can get a bad one or not as good. Oh well...on to the few treats next time that I wanted to try.
    so funny I had the brisket slider yesterday (12/5). Good - not great. Roll got soggy around the edges and it ate more like pulled pork than beef brisket. almost like pot roast with BBQ sauce.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

so funny I had the brisket slider yesterday (12/5). Good - not great. Roll got soggy around the edges and it ate more like pulled pork than beef brisket. almost like pot roast with BBQ sauce.

So odd how this one seems to be at this point. Funny you mention the BBQ sauce as my husband said he should have found some to put on the meat. LOL

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    My husband had the brisket slider. He was not a fan of the horseradish ketchup and it seemed to have made his bun soggy but he said the meat was really good in it.
    Huh. I'm not a fan of horseradish and I don't recall it in the one we got.

Agreed that it ate like pot roast. Now I need to put pot roast on our menu at home soon... :P
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Huh. I'm not a fan of horseradish and I don't recall it in the one we got.
    Yep it said horseradish ketchup. Maybe you got lucky and there wasn't much on it so it wasn't noticeable. LOL My husband said that was not good at all so be thankful.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    My husband said that was not good at all so be thankful.
    Indeed! Perhaps we won't be using our last 2 tabs on the sliders, although DH *loves* horseradish so maybe...
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Indeed! Perhaps we won't be using our last 2 tabs on the sliders, although DH *loves* horseradish so maybe...
    Well if you do good luck with it and hopefully it will be better than it was for us.