Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Auntie & Samantha's trip to Disney World January 2023

Auntie & Samantha's trip to Disney World January 2023

Hello all,

It's been quite awhile since I have been to Disney World. I believe it was Mother's day week (Sunday thru Thursday) of 2019, also with Samantha.

We have started planning and can't wait to go.

i have booked park reservations for the time we are going to be there (Jan. 21st - 28th).

We can't book dining reservations until 11/22/22 and we hope we can get what we want.

We are flying out of Boston at 7am on the 21st.w
    I am returning to Boston at 11:12am on the 28th.

Samantha will be leaving Orlando and returning to Austin, Tx. on at 8:30am to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Austin at 12:20pm. She will be coming to Boston on the 20th with my mother who will have been visiting her since just after Christmas.

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

So far our plans are the following, with the hope of what restaurant we may be eating at.

Saturday 1/21/23
    Epcot
    Snacks and Quick Service meal.

Sunday 1/22/23
    Animal Kingdom
    T-Rex at Disney Springs

Monday 1/23/23
    Hollywood Studios
    Fantasmic Package from one of these restaurants
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Sci Fi Dine-in
    Mama Melrose's

Tuesday 1/24/23
    Magic Kingdom
    Chef Mickey's breakfast
    Plaza Restaurant for a late lunch
    Desert Fireworks party

Wednesday 1/25/23
    Universal Studios
    Epcot
    Quick Service

Thursday 1/26/23
    Hollywood Studios
    Fantasmic Package from one of these restaurants
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Sci Fi Dine-in
    Mama Melrose's
    (if we didn't manage to get a reservation for Monday)

Friday 1/27/23
    Magic Kingdom
    Tony's

Saturday 1/28/23
    fly home

here's hoping all goes well

2. # ADS

Can't wait to read your trip report! Happy planning!

"A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference." --Eeyore

Looks like an interesting plan! Best of luck with your dining reservations!

I will say the plan for Wednesday 1/25 sort of caught my attention.

Can you expand a bit on the plan there for splitting between Universal and Epcot? (I am guessing with this split, you are intending to do a few specific things at either IOA or USF, and not both parks combined with Epcot, right?) I guess I always look at Universal as a dedicated day away from WDW when I do it, but then I also like doing both parks when I head there, so it takes longer to get the most out of the day I decide to trek over there.

I've possibly done something similar on rare occasion in the past, using Epcot as a food option for the evening after going somewhere non-WDW earlier in the day, particularly if there was a festival with food booths happening at the time. But that was back when I had an AP and we didn't have to deal with reservations at the parks.

Enjoy your trip!

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Looks like an interesting plan! Best of luck with your dining reservations!

I will say the plan for Wednesday 1/25 sort of caught my attention.

Can you expand a bit on the plan there for splitting between Universal and Epcot? (I am guessing with this split, you are intending to do a few specific things at either IOA or USF, and not both parks combined with Epcot, right?) I guess I always look at Universal as a dedicated day away from WDW when I do it, but then I also like doing both parks when I head there, so it takes longer to get the most out of the day I decide to trek over there.

I've possibly done something similar on rare occasion in the past, using Epcot as a food option for the evening after going somewhere non-WDW earlier in the day, particularly if there was a festival with food booths happening at the time. But that was back when I had an AP and we didn't have to deal with reservations at the parks.

Enjoy your trip!
    After i had booked the trip and bought the Disney tickets she asked if we could to to Universal so we have an extra day we don't want to waste.

We will most likely just walk around and get a few snacks or split a meal.

if we are too tired we will just not use that day as much as i hate to waste $$ like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie3187 View Post
    After i had booked the trip and bought the Disney tickets she asked if we could to to Universal so we have an extra day we don't want to waste.

We will most likely just walk around and get a few snacks or split a meal.

if we are too tired we will just not use that day as much as i hate to waste $$ like that.
    Makes sense now! As much as we can try to plan these things, every once in a while something like this pops up to surprise us all, I think.

Good luck with your dining reservations next week!
    -Dave

Hello again,

I have made some reservations for dinner and they are as follows:

I could not get reservations to anywhere we wanted on Sunday or Monday. We also were not scheduling anything for Wednesday.

Tuesday 1/24/23
    7:50AM Chef Mickey's breakfast
    1:30PM The Plaza
    7:15PM The Dessert fireworks party

Thursday 1/26/23
    5:40PM Sci-Fi Restaurant Fantasmic seating

Friday 1/27/23
    5:40 Tony's Town Square

Everything else will most likely be quick service and/or snacks.

thank you
    cathy

Hello again,

We are now 45 days out from out trip YAY!! We made a change to the trip after we found out that Splash Mountain was closing on the 23rd we switched the parks for the 22nd to MK and the park for the 27th to Animal Kingdom. We are hoping to get at least one last ride before the shut down.

Cathy

Sounds like a good plan. Might be a good idea to rope drop for that. Might be a long wait since nearly everyone will have the same idea, but is probably well worth it for one last ride before the re-theme.

From your original plan, it seems like you had pretty much stuck with one Disney Park per day, so no park hopping during this trip, I guess?

Just trying to guess if it may make sense for you to keep your Tony's reservation for the 27th for the moment (i.e., it might make sense to still try to keep it if you think you might finish up by mid afternoon at Animal Kingdom), but if not using hopper tickets, I guess that's not a possibility. (though I guess maybe just in case any unknown surprises pop up between now and that day that might cause you to modify plans again, it might make sense to hold it until the point when you would have to pay the cancellation fee)

45 days with the holidays in between now and then will probably pass really fast! Enjoy!

-Dave