Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pammer ~ May 10 - 14, 2022 ~ Offsite

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Pammer ~ May 10 - 14, 2022 ~ Offsite

A trip report 3 months in the making (my darn life slowed me down) ~ hope you enjoy it!

Travel dates: May 10 May 14, 2022
    Travel method: Southwest
    Resort: Camelot Inn (Off-site)
    Accommodations: Standard
    Ages Represented in Group: Adult
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Veteran
    Comments: Let's make good use of our new Enchant Magic Keys ~ Part III!
    Cast of characters:

• Pam, 61: trip planner/writer/self-proclaimed Disney Queen!
    • James, 62: Pam's hubby who likes Disneyland but is not as fanatic as Pam!
    • Debbie: Pam's cousin

The Planning

We wanted one more trip before the hot summer blockout season, so I originally chose May 9-13; however, I moved the trip out a day to May 10-14 when I learned that the Main Street Electrical Parade and the World of Color would be live again and I thought that one or both might only be presented on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays (like Fantasmic! often is). They both ended up being nightly, so I could have kept my original days had I known, plus I would have avoided Grad Nite on that Friday!

Also, my cousin Debbie is coming to spend the morning with me on Thursday like she did for my last trip; this time we'll start in DCA!

Lodging: I originally booked a Two-Bedroom Family Suite in mid-December at the Camelot Inn on Harbor Blvd., and then rebooked it in mid-February when I found out about the MSEP & WoC returning in April.

Airfare: I booked airfare on Southwest Airlines using a gift card from my brother after we came back from our last trip in January.

Ground Transportation: We will park our car at the Sacramento airport and use Lyft between SNA & Anaheim.

Tickets: We have active Enchant Magic Key passes.

Theme Park Reservations: As we used each day of our last trip in February & March, I made reservations each night until all 4 days of this trip were booked:

• May 10: Start at Disneyland Park
    • May 11: Start at Disneyland Park
    • May 12: Start at Disney California Adventure
    • May 13: Start at Disneyland Park

Priority Seating: The Blue Bayou is closed for refurbishment, but I was able to snag a reservation for both the Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package at the Plaza Inn & the World of Color Dessert Party (both for just me, as James will just stand wherever). I also booked the Lamplight Lounge for James, Debbie, & I on Thursday and the rest will probably be counter-service:

• May 11: MSEP Dining Package (Plaza Inn) @ 1pm
    • May 12: Lamplight Lounge @ 12:15pm
    • May 13: World of Color Dessert Party @ 7:45pm

The Itinerary

Here was the result of my pre-planning:

• May 10: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; Disneyland/DCA
    • May 11: Disneyland/DCA; MSEP Dining Package @ the Plaza Inn
    • May 12: DCA/Disneyland; meet up with cousin Debbie; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge
    • May 13: Disneyland/DCA; World of Color Dessert Party (me only)
    • May 14: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Monday, May 9, 2022 (1 day before departure)

Actual: I spent the day doing my normal pre-departure tasks (laundry, packing, house-cleaning) and dropped off our house key with our neighbor who cat-sits Sidney for us. I also printed off our boarding passes around 2:15pm (A30 & A31), and went to Subway to get James his foot-long veggie sandwich for tomorrow plus a Coke Icee for me now!

James did his usual tasks as well!

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 (86o)
    Plan: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; Disneyland/ DCA

Actual: I was up around 9am & James followed around 10:15am; we left the house on-time around 11:30am and had an easy commute to the airport. Because of the Economy Lot bus issues during our last trip, this time we decided to drop me & my stuff, including the large suitcase, off at the terminal so I could check it in while James went to the Economy Lot to park the car (42 G2). He was towards the back of the lot so he could park in an end spot, and the bus that picked him up was a special bus only for the back lot and one that would NOT stop at Terminal A; this was perfect, as we fly out of Terminal B!

In the meantime, I checked the big bag in (41.5#) and went on to go through TSA; I had some raw popcorn in my suitcase that James will pop in the motel microwave, and it set off a second search of my carryon; that was so funny, since we have popcorn every trip and this was the first time it was an item of interest!

I was through TSA by 12:15pm, and sat down in the dining area to wait for James; imagine my shock to see him walk up about 5mins later! Everything had gone so smoothly so far, so YAY for us!

I filled up our water bottle and James ate his sandwich while I ate a couple of pepperoni pizza Lunchables that I'd brought from home (I get them at Dollar Tree); I also used the airport Wi-Fi to update some apps we would need today (primarily Southwest, Lyft, & Disneyland).

We walked down to Gate 12 and were able to get the Exit Row (12D & 12F); we left on-time and the flight was turbulent at first, before settling down enough so the Flight Attendants could serve us. I had Coke Zero, James had orange juice, and we also had their yummy snack mix.

We landed on-time around 3:35pm, got our big bag, and booked a Lyft ride to our motel; our driver, Artyom, arrived soon thereafter and dropped us off at the Camelot Inn & Suites around 4:25pm.

We got checked in and were given our room (#512), which is about halfway back and overlooks the pool; I'd rather be closer to the front, but oh well!

We stopped at the ECV rental place located on the property, One Stop Mobility, to ask some questions about possibly renting through them instead of daily at Disneyland; it would have been a lot cheaper, but we had some uncertainties about how to replace if it broke down. They didn't have anything fully charged at that time anyway, so we decided to think some more about it (their Yelp reviews had been mixed of being either wonderful or terrible; I had previously been told by other rental places that they couldn't deliver to the Camelot, due to OSM already on property and having a monopoly on the guests there). James decided he could push me in a wheelchair tonight as long as it's a fairly flat surface and we weren't going to be there that long anyway (much cheaper than an ECV!).

We went to our room, put our valuables in the safe, and walked down Harbor to Pizza Press, where I went in to order our pizzas; James kept on towards the CVS on Katella, where he got 2 gallons of water, 2 sandwiches, and some OJ.

I had a short wait at Pizza Press and then ordered 2 cheese pizzas (me), 2 Publish Your Own pizzas (mostly veggie, plus chicken for James), and a soda around 5:15pm (I use my leftovers for my breakfasts.)

I got our drink and James arrived soon after the pizzas were ready. We each ate about half of one of our pizzas and carried the rest back to the room, along with our supplies from CVS. I'd remembered to bring the big plastic bag that I'd gotten from Pizza Press in January, which made it a LOT easier to carry everything. I'd left the cane in the room so that hand was free as well (James already had his hands full with the water & other food from CVS)!

We arrived back at the room around 5:50pm, put our food in the fridge, I grabbed my cane, and we headed back out. We quickly went through security, and James headed over to rent the wheelchair as he is much quicker than I am ($35, which includes tax and the $20 key deposit)! We met back up and entered Disneyland Park around 6:20pm (the park was open until midnight this week).

I stopped at the Guest Relations kiosk near The Hub to renew my Disability Access Service (DAS) pass, as it had expired since our last trip (they are good for 60 days, if you have a Magic Key; otherwise, they are good for the duration of your ticket), and then we got a return time for Star Tours - The Adventures Continue (6:54pm @ 6:34pm).

We next went to Alice in Wonderland for a Location Return Time (7:12pm @ 6:42pm), which a select few attractions have in DLP (none in DCA) and you can hold them in addition to a regular DAS return time.

[Note: Most of the queues in Fantasyland (and a few elsewhere in the park as well) are too small for ECVs and wheelchairs, plus some also have special vehicles known as a "Transfer Access Vehicle"; these have handrails and the back seat opens up to give you extra room to get in & out and are accessed via the attraction exit.]

We parked the wheelchair in the ECV parking between Snow White's Enchanted Wish & Peter Pan's Flight, and then went to the DAS entrance for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (alongside the regular queue) to ride; afterwards, we went to the exit for Pinocchio's Daring Journey and rode via their TAV.

We collected the wheelchair and parked it outside of Alice, and then checked in to ride via their TAV with my LRT (you gotta love my abbreviations!). Afterwards, we got the wheelchair, went back to Tomorrowland, and parked it with the strollers.

We checked in to ride ST and then went up the elevator, so I could skip the queue ramp inside. I immediately made a DAS RT in the app for James' favorite attraction: Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (8:03pm @ 7:38pm)!

We rode ST and got a lot of the original options: Darth Vader, Hoth (my least favorite), Leia, & Boba Fett (which we had not had in a LONG time!). Right after we were assigned to a simulator, a young man had a medical emergency a few rows away and collapsed; leads, security, & medical personnel got there really fast and then they eventually moved us to another simulator once they had cleared the area.

We next went to ride Buzz just after 8pm; the ride stopped a lot, which helped both of our scores a ton! James scored 1,021,700 (#13) and I had over 725,000; however, I had no score on my photo (boo)!

I would have loved to wait around another hour for the Main Street Electrical Parade, but I was pretty tired, so we headed back out of the park, & returned the wheelchair around 8:30pm for the $20 deposit refund.

We stopped at McDonald's for a couple of burgers and went back to the room. After our quick snack, I started my unpacking and updated my trip notes, while James sat on his butt watching TV (!)

I was achy after I took my shower (although not as much as usual since we had the wheelchair for our time in the park), so James applied some DoTerra cream on my feet & knees and I took a Motrin. I was in bed around midnight and James followed around 2am.

Thoughts about the day:
    • No timing issues leaving the house, checking in, parking, and getting to the motel, so that was great!
    • The wheelchair was a great option to help me not get as exhausted as I usually do on our arrival day.
    • I wish DL would fix the Buzz photo service; many times, we either have no score or no picture at all!

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 (86o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; MSEP Dining Package @ the Plaza Inn

Actual: My alarm went off at 6:30am (too early!) and I had a couple slices of leftover pizza for breakfast as I got ready; I was out the door around 7:25am. I went through security and rented my ECV around 7:40am ($84.65, which includes tax and the $20 key deposit).

I got in line for DL and was through the turnstile around 7:45am; I pulled over to the side to make a RT for something, but it kept saying I wasn't in the park yet! WHAT??? Therefore, I stopped at the Guest Relations kiosk near the Plaza Inn to troubleshoot; apparently, it doesn't start working until after the park officially opens at 8am, so I went towards Tomorrowland to wait for rope drop.

I went straight to the exit of HyperSpace Mountain, parked my ECV, and did a walk-on ride (I noticed that my DAS had corrected itself in the app around 8:10am). When I got off, I walked back to the exit and asked for a LRT (8:27am @ 8:17am), and then made a regular RT while I was waiting to ride again (8:24am @ 8:19am).

I checked in to ride via the regular RT of 8:24am, then made another regular RT right after I checked in (8:27am @ 8:22am). I then rode a third time with the regular RT of 8:27am, followed by a fourth ride using the LRT of 8:27am (whew, did you get all that? LOL!) ~ four times in a row, I was SO happy!!!

Before my fourth ride, I made a RT for Star Tours (8:47am @ 8:42am), so I headed over there to ride around 9:15am once I was done with Space; I was very happy to get all of my favorite scenes, which are from the last trilogy: Kylo, Jakku (updated scene with Ren instead of Finn), Poe, & Exegol!

After I checked in to ride ST, I made a RT for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (9:24am @ 9:19am); after I rode, I made a Mobile Order at the Little Red Wagon for a corn dog, chips, & bottle of Diet Coke, to be picked up between 10:20am & 10:50am (I needed a little something to tide me over from breakfast at 7am & the dining package at 1pm!).

I saw a missed text from my cousin Debbie from around 9am that said she had tested positive for COVID and couldn' come meet me the next day after all! (She'd gone to San Francisco for Mother's Day weekend and apparently contracted it while she was gone.) I was bummed but glad her symptoms were mild for her.

I stopped at Snow White to get a LRT (10:03am @ 9:53am), and continued on to ride the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness (whee!).

After I checked in at BTMR, I made a RT for Buzz (10:10am @ 10am) and then rode SW on my way back from BTMR.

I got a LRT for Peter (10:49am @ 10:19am), and then went to pick up my Mobile Order; I was fortunate enough to grab a seat when a table opened up (there are very few tables behind the wagon that are in high demand!) and enjoyed my meal (very tasty!).

I rode Buzz with my RT around 11:10am (538,900 = #28) & then got a RT for Haunted Mansion (11:40am @ 11:10am).

My next stop was Peter with my LRT and then rode all the way over to ride HM around 11:45am. It was quite amusing to hear the Haunted Mansion HOLIDAY narrative in the first section of the attraction, but the rest of the attraction had the correct narrative. I notified the CM at the exit about it & he said that sometimes it happens and just has to reset itself! Sounds to me like some wayward spooks were causing mischief inside the attraction!

I decided to take a break and just update my trip notes while waiting for James to arrive; he finally called and we met up at the Plaza Inn [I made a RT for Buzz as soon as he was in the park, since Rise of the Resistance was down (1:19pm @ 12:49pm)].

I parked the ECV outside, and went to the MSEP Dining Package check-in line, which didn't open until 1pm. James went on inside and got the Penne Pasta with Marinara (topped with Parmesan Cheese and served with a Breadstick), before finding a table inside.

I had a few parties in front of me, so it took me a while to pay for the package, get my food (world-famous Plaza Inn fried chicken, oven-roasted carrots, house-made smoked mac & cheese, bacon and pickled onion wedge salad served with house-made ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles, Mickey-shaped sweet honey corn bread, decadent berry cheesecake, & a Coke Zero fountain beverage), and join him.

We shared the food, as there was so much of it!

I noticed that Rise was back up, so I canceled my RT for Buzz and immediately made one for Rise (2:31pm @ 1:46pm).

After we finished eating, we went over to the Disneyland Railroad Tomorrowland station, parked my ECV in the shade nearby, and went up the exit to ride full circle. Afterwards, we collected the ECV and went to Galaxy's Edge.

I parked the ECV outside of the Rise attraction just before 3pm and James joined the humongous Lightning Lane that was queuing outside along the side of the attraction just to get to the check-in spot! I found a place to sit in the shade near the entrance and waited for James to get almost to the front before joining him, which took about 15mins! It was a crazy long line ~

After a wonderful ride as always, we collected the ECV and went to the Guest Services kiosk by the Haunted Mansion to get a RT for WEB SLINGERS (4:54pm @ 3:29pm) since we hadn't park-hopped over to DCA yet.

To be continued...
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 (86o) ~ Part II
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; MSEP Dining Package @ the Plaza Inn

We spent the next hour perusing the Emporium, World of Disney, and Elias & Co., before going to ride WEB just before 5pm; it was exciting to have the 6th highest score that hour = 853,300!

I booked a RT for Soarin' Around the World (5:53pm @ 4:58pm) and then we headed to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta where James got the spaghetti & meatballs, I got a slice of cheese pizza, and we shared a Coke Zero.

Afterwards, we were traveling up past Grizzly River Run, where I saw Snickers the Disney kitty! Such a beautiful cat ~ there is an ongoing debate as to this cat's name, and I'm just going by what the nearby CM told me.

We rode Soarin' around 6:15pm & I made another RT for WEB (6:46pm @ 6:16pm), which we did around 6:45pm. This time we scored 760,200, which is not enough to get on the leader board, but fun all the same! The ride broke down right after we finished, and we were able to barely make it to the platform to disembark, so we were very lucky not to get stuck!

We perused Off the Page and then went to the 7:30pm viewing of Turtle Talk with Crush, which was delightful as always!

We stopped at Elias & Co., where I purchased a Mickey tank top & clutch purse via Mobile Order.

We headed into Disneyland around 8:10pm, where I went to the reserved section for the MSEP viewing & James just started going through all of the stores on Main Street to kill time before the parade arrived.

My experience with this parade viewing versus the parade viewing for the Christmas parade last November was much less enjoyable: I arrived at 8:10pm, which was 5mins before the beginning arrival time listed on the ticket, to find the space already completely filled in! The young CM taking the tickets told me I could ask people to scoot in to make room, but I told him I was NOT comfortable doing that and HE should instead! He did so reluctantly, and I was able to position my ECV sideways next to another ECV.

There was a family in front of me with a big lighted balloon tied to their stroller which was blocking my view of the parade route, and I politely asked them to pull it down when the parade arrived, and she did so at that time, way before she needed to! I thanked her several times, and later wished I'd done something nice for her at the end of the parade, but I was pretty infuriated by that time for another reason and totally didn't think about it.

What got me SO angry was that just as the parade got to us, 3 adults stood up right in front of me & this other ECV lady! The music had already begun, but I kept calling "Excuse me!" until finally one of them turned around. I asked him to please sit down so we could see, and he totally blew me off by turning back around, saying something to his companions, and remaining standing the entire time!!! I was so wedged in and NO CMs were close enough to help us; back in November, the CMs came around several times before the parade arrived reminding guests to remain seated, but they weren't doing that this time. Then to add insult to injury, another party stood up to the left, which gave me an extremely narrow space to view the parade with few obstructions in front of me ~ I WAS INCENSED, because I'd paid my money too.

After the crowd had cleared where I could move, I found a CM who said he was a lead for that area; I told him what happened and while he was apologetic, he said the guests usually don't act that way and there was nothing he could do for me. He recommended I go to Guest Relations, so I got in a long line there around 9:45pm (apparently a bunch of people were also there to complain about getting stuck on some ride).

James called me 4 times between 9:40pm & 10pm, but I couldn't hear the phone over the Magic Mix music and crowds leaving. I called him back just after 10pm while I was waiting for the CM to document my issue and arranged to meet up with him a bit later when I finished. The CM generously gave us several Multiple Experience fastpasses for us both to enjoy over the next few days (valid on everything in both parks, except Rise, WEB, & Racers), & I gratefully thanked him for listening to me. Unfortunately, this was a dining complaint, which was outside their realm, so he urged me to email my issue when I got home (I did and still have not heard back nearly 3 months later! ).

I left the park, met up with James, and returned the ECV for the key deposit refund around 10:15pm, before returning to our motel. I updated James on my saga, as well as my overall trip notes, and was in bed around 12:30am (James around 3am).

Things we missed: Star Tours (James only), all of Fantasyland (except for Peter Pan's Flight & Snow White's Enchanted Wish for me), Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, The Haunted Mansion (James only), Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, The Enchanted Tiki Room (me only), and pretty much all of DCA except for WEB SLINGERS, Turtle Talk with Crush, & Soarin' Around the World!

Thoughts about the day:
    • Two thumbs up for the ECV & the DAS pass!
    • Two thumbs down for the way those rude guests behaved at the viewing of the Main Street Electrical Parade, and the CMs who dropped the ball there as well for not reminding everyone to remain seated not just once, but several times!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Thursday, May 12, 2022 (82o)
    Plan: DCA/Disneyland; meet up with cousin Debbie; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge

Actual: Since I wasn't meeting cousin Debbie at 8am today after all and I was really only interested in riding Guardians of the Galaxy before meeting up with James for lunch, I set my alarm for 7:30am and skipped that first quieter hour in the park for a bit more sleep!

I got up, got ready, & left around 8:30am; I rented the ECV around 8:45am and was inside DCA before 9am, thanks to short security & park lines!

Since the park was already open, I made my first RT for Guardians (9:17am @ 8:57am) and went to ride Soarin' via the standby queue (10mins); I was off around 9:20am, so I headed towards Hollywood Land. I parked my ECV in the shade by the exit to Guardians, and went to ride ("I Want You Back").

Right after checking in, I made another RT for Guardians (9:46am @ 9:31am). When I got off, it was time to ride a second time ("Burnin' Love", my favorite version of the six) & I made a third RT right after checking in for the second ride (10:07am @ 9:52am)!

After the second ride, it was time to check in for my third ride, and I made a FOURTH RT right away (10:48am @ 10:13am)!!! My third ride was my least favorite song of the six: "Give Up the Funk", but hey ~ I was on my favorite ride over here!!!

After my third ride was over, I had a few minutes to rest and get a drink of water, plus admire the artistic talents of a CM raking up some flower petals near the Hyperion Theater!

Then I was off to check in for the fourth ride! I made one more RT (11:28am @ 10:48am) and this time had "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" ~ I was very happy to have had a different version/song each time today!

I rested a bit more waiting for my RT window to open and then found a HUGE Genie+ line queueing outside when I went over! I decided 4 times was enough, and I canceled the RT around 11:30am.

To be continued...
    Pam

Thursday, May 12, 2022 (82o) ~ Part II

I collected my ECV and headed slowly over to Lamplight Lounge; James called just before noon to say he was on his way. I found a shady spot across from the LL and kept watching the app to see when James was inside the park. As soon as he was, I made a RT for both of us at Radiator Springs Racers (1:01pm @ 12:06pm).

I then checked us in online with LL, noted that we were now a party of 2, and met up with James around 12:10pm. We perused the nearby shop and then went up to the podium when we got the text message to do so around 12:20pm. They wanted to seat us outside, but we definitely did not want to do that, so we waited a few moments and then told them we would sit at the bar (the other table they wanted to seat us at had seats that were very low and would have been very hard for me to get up from).

Our bartender/server was Rachelle and she first took our drink orders: a 2319 (frozen Mocktail made with Strawberry Puree, Cream of Coconut, and Pineapple Juice, topped with Diet Coca-Cola) for James & a Diet Coke for me.

We noticed that one of the dishes James had liked before was off the menu now, so he ordered the House Specialty Salad instead (Baby Gem Lettuce and Roasted Chicken Breast with House-made Charred Shallot Ranch, Blistered Tomatoes on the Vine, crispy Bacon Bits, Pickled Onions, and House-made Garlic Croutons with Whipped Blue Cheese) and I got my usual Cheddar Burger (Grilled custom Burger blend with Cheddar and Toasted Amish Bun served with Malted Fries, but without the Roasted Tomato, Red Onion, & Avocado Ranch Spread).

I remembered around 12:40pm to get virtual fastpasses for tonight's World of Color show; however, they were for the second show at 10:15pm because I had waited so long! Darn ~ oh well, I still have my Dessert Party scheduled for tomorrow at least.

During lunch, James told me that he'd planned to get up at 11am, but a scam phone call woke him at 10:20am instead ~ BOO!!!

Everything was yummy and we were too full for dessert!

We collected the ECV and went to ride Toy Story Midway Mania! around 1:30pm with one of the Multiple Experience fastpasses from last night; James beat me as always: 185,800 versus my 152,900.

We next rode RSR with our DAS RT from earlier and then I made one for WEB while we were waiting to ride RSR (2:38pm @ 1:53pm).

We rode WEB around 2:40pm (688,500; I beat James 219,300 versus 168,000!) and then stopped at Guest Relations for a Rise RT (4:18pm @ 2:58pm), since we hadn't entered DL yet.

To be continued...
    Pam

Thursday, May 12, 2022 (82o) ~ Part III

We had over an hour to kill, so we park-hopped around 3pm and got a LRT for Indiana Jones Adventure (3:48pm @ 3:13pm). James then backtracked to Candy Palace to get a Goofy's Cherry Glacier, and it took a really long time as the machine wasn't ready yet & we didn't want any of the other flavors!

We met up around 3:30pm by Indy & shared our cold treat while waiting for our LRT window to open up; unfortunately, the ride went down around 3:45pm!

We decided to ride Haunted Mansion around 4pm via the exit using one of our Multiple Experience fastpasses; I did a good job of confusing the CM because I had the MEs, a Rise DAS RT, and the Indy LRT on my app and he was looking for an LRT specifically for HM!

It was now time for our RT for Rise, so we headed into Galaxy's Edge. I parked the ECV outside and we entered a much shorter queue than yesterday!

I made a RT for Buzz after checking in (5:09pm @ 4:24pm) and then we had another awesome ride on Rise!

We still had the LRT for Indy, which was now back up, so we rode it about 5pm.

We were getting hungry, so we went to Rancho del Zocalo, which had a humongous line just to get in! I sat to the side while James waited in it and then we ordered (after about 20mins in line!): Red Chile Enchilada Platter (Three Cheese Enchiladas topped with Red Chile Sauce served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans) for me and the Burrito Sonora with Chicken, Refried Beans, Rice and Cheese (wrapped in a Flour Tortilla and topped with a traditional Guajillo Sauce served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans) for James. We also got a Coke Zero, paid, and found a shady spot to eat.

I ate my enchiladas and James ate everything else ~ I guess we WERE hungry after all!

We stopped for a LRT for Peter Pan's Flight (6:34pm @ 6:14pm) and went into Tomorrowland to ride Buzz with our RT around 6:20pm; however, the line was not moving so we decided to ride the Disneyland Monorail full-circle in the interim!

Afterwards, I decided to try for a Mobile Order at the Refreshment Corner (those 3 little enchiladas I ate before didn't go too far!), but I was having trouble with the app, so we went to ride Buzz just before 7pm (I think it was because we were already in the building). The ride stopped A LOT, in very good target areas, so James got the #1 score (at that time) = 1,786,200!!! I also maxed out the vehicle's score of 999,999 and was REALLY hoping to be in the top 10; however, I JUST missed out at #12 with a score of 1,090,948, of which I was just over the moon about!!!

I tried the app again to Mobile Order at Refreshment Corner, but there were no pickup times at all now, so we went to ride Peter around 7:25pm, followed by Toad via the Accessible entrance.

We then checked the lines AT the Refreshment Corner, which were huge, so I decided to make a Mobile Order at Award Wieners (the same food I was going to get at RC anyway) where the pickup time started in 10mins! I got my usual (beef hot dog, fries, & large Diet Coke) and we park-hopped over to DCA.

We picked up my order and I ate while James looked around in the nearby shops, and then we decided to call it a night as we were just too tired to watch neither the MSEP or the WoC! I returned the ECV around 8:35pm and we arrived back at our room around 8:45pm.

I did my usual catch-up tasks and canceled the WoC fastpass around 9:30pm. I was in bed around midnight & James followed around 2am.

Things we missed: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, HyperSpace Mountain (me only; James hates it!), Star Tours, all of Fantasyland, except for Peter, Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, & The Enchanted Tiki Room (me only).

Thoughts about the day:
    • Getting such high scores on Buzz Lightyear was loads of fun!
    • Loved my 4 rides on Guardians of the Galaxy today!!!
    • I used to love picking up a hot dog from Refreshment Corner on my out of the park, but it closes too darn early these days!
    Pam

Friday, May 13, 2022 (90o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; World of Color Dessert Party (me only)

Actual: It's our last Disney Park day, so I got up at 6:30am, got ready, and was out the door by 7:30am; I was through security, rented my ECV, and through the turnstiles into DL by 7:50am.

Of course, I headed towards Tomorrowland to wait for rope drop, then headed into the exit area of HyperSpace Mountain to ride, as per my usual routine. I made a RT (8:10am @ 8:05am) for it just in case, and proceeded to ride 8 times over the next 90mins!!! Just lucky timing, really ~ I was surprised that I didn't need a break during that time!

During one of my Space adventures, the ride made a hard stop in the last tunnel! That was shocking by itself, and then we had to wait for the CMs to come push us one by one into the station (not all of them, just the first few vehicles in the tunnel). It was pretty freaky; imagine what it must be like to come to a full stop while in the middle of the ride! The ride was quickly reset and we were allowed to ride again.

Also at some point, I made a RT for Star Tours (8:57am @ 8:52am), and headed over there to ride just before 10am; I made another RT, this time for Buzz (10:01am @ 9:56am), right after checking in for ST, and proceeded to have "old school" elements for my ride: Stormtroopers, pod race, Leia, & Boba Fett.

I made a Mobile Order with Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe for pickup 10:45am 11:15am [Toasted cheese sandwich (Melted White Cheddar and Cheddar Cheese on Toasted Sourdough Bread), large Diet Coke, and a chocolate chip cookie], and then went to ride Buzz with my RT.

I next made a RT for BTMR just after checking in for Buzz (10:39am @ 10:19am); I scored 490,600 (#21 at that time), of which I was very proud!

I went into Fantasyland to get a LRT for Peter (11:04am @ 10:34am) and then rode Toad via the accessible entrance.

I headed over to JHBC and picked up my order around 10:45am and sat at a shaded table to enjoy my snack, before catching The Enchanted Tiki Room show at 11:20am.

James called while I was still in the Tiki Room, so I returned his call around 11:40am and we met up a few minutes later. Since he was already in the park, I cancelled my RT for BTMR and made one for the 2 of us at Rise (12:39pm @ 11:44am).

There were some ducks sitting in the shade next to me while I was sitting on my ECV waiting to meet up with James.

I picked up WoC fastpasses via their virtual queue when it opened at 12pm (only 1 show tonight due to Grad Nite) and then we headed over to Peter. I explained that James wasn't on my original LRT booking but the CM had no problem letting him ride with me.

We got a LRT for Snow White (12:24pm @ 12:09pm) and then we rode Casey Jr. Circus Train via the exit. We next went back to ride SW via their Transfer Access Vehicle at the exit.

We left Fantasyland, got a RT LRT for BTMR (1:05pm @ 12:40pm), and went into Galaxy's Edge to ride Rise for the last time this trip ~ of course, awesome as usual!

I had made a RT for Buzz (1:03pm @ 12:48pm) after checking in for Rise, but first we went to ride BTMR via the exit with our LRT.

We went to ride Buzz around 1:45pm and James had no score on his picture; that was disappointing as he had gone over 999,999 again! I only scored 231,500.

We stopped at Guest Services to get a RT for WEB, since we hadn't park-hopped yet (3:01pm @ 2:06pm), and then I stopped at China Closet Clothiers for a Mickey tank top; I already have this style in light blue-green & gray ~ they are so comfortable, I wanted another color!

I checked our boarding position with Southwest Airlines for tomorrow (A24 & A25) and then our cat-sitter Steve texted to say that the new toaster oven I had purchased from Amazon the day we left had arrived early! I was hoping it would wait until we got home, but Steve was watching for it and brought it in the house right after they delivered it, so thanks Steve!

I met back up with James around 2:30pm and we said goodbye to Disneyland Park and headed over to DCA; James got a non-alcoholic Wild Cherry Tropicool from Rita's Baja Blenders for us to share.

We went to the back of the park to TSMM and rode with one of our ME's from Tuesday; James beat me 203,800 to my 150,000!

We were a bit hungry, so we went to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta where James again got the spaghetti & meatballs, I got a slice of cheese pizza & cinnamon roll cheesecake, and we shared a Coke Zero.

We went back to TSMM to use another ME, and James again beat me 217,000 to my 176,700.

We rode WEB around 4:30pm and scored 757,400 (I beat James here 208,800 to his 153,300!)!

We had one last ME left so we rode Soarin' just after 5pm, and then got one last RT for WEB (6:11pm @ 5:31pm).

The park was getting busy due to the upcoming Grad Nite, which makes me nervous to maneuver around with my ECV!

I did a Mobile Order for James at Schmoozie's for a Strawberry Banana Sensation Smoothie (Strawberries, Banana, and Lowfat Yogurt blended with Strawberry-Pineapple Juice), with a pickup of now, so I gave him my phone to go pick it up just after 6pm; I stopped at the popcorn ODV cart just past Elias & Co. for a bottle of Diet Coke and a box of popcorn.

We enjoyed our snacks and then went to see Mickey's PhilharMagic just after 6pm.

To be continued...
    Pam

Friday, May 13, 2022 (90o) ~ Part II
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; World of Color Dessert Party (me only)

We did our last ride on WEB around 6:30pm and I made a RT for Ariel (6:38pm @ 6:33pm) just after checking in; we were both getting pretty tired and really just finding things to do before the WoC dessert party later on. This time our vehicle scored 792,600; I again beat James, this time 176,400 to his 145,800!

We rode Ariel around 7:10pm and then I took a bathroom break before getting in line for the dessert party around 6:25pm; it was queuing back around behind Grizzly River Rapids due to the extra crowds from the upcoming Grad Nite and I'd read to get in line early for a better chance at getting a hopefully unblocked view! Fortunately, I had my ECV to sit on while I was waiting, as the standing would have been very painful for me!

James had planned to ride RSR a couple of times via the single rider line, but the crowds soured him on staying in the park and he called me around 7:30pm to find out where I was waiting. He came over and I gave him my Mickey shirt & whatever else I could get rid of now, and he left for the room.

I received a virtual queue notification for the WoC viewing area around 7:36pm, so I cancelled them in the app.

They started taking us to the check-in podium in small groups (CM Steven had already done a pre-check with those of us in the queue, where I put in my table request).

I was seated at one of the lower tables against the front railing, with my ECV parked nearby, and then moved a few minutes later to another table to the right of the first one. I was seated with two other single ladies and enjoyed chatting with them before the show!

The menu had changed slightly from the version pre-COVID, where they had cheaped out a bit serving some pre-packaged foods but at higher price (I'd paid $89 for this show, versus the $84 it was 3 years ago). The package included (as per the website):

• A delicious selection of desserts and cheeses (some yes, some no!)
    • 2 alcoholic beverages for adults, age 21 and older (I had sparkling wine)
    • Unlimited soft drinks and bottled water (they gave us all bottles of water too in addition to our alcoholic drinks)
    • Reserved seating in the World of Color preferred viewing area at Paradise Gardens Park, where you can sit at a table with folding chairs or a high-top table with director chairs

I was disappointed that they had discontinued the breadstick service, as it was the best food of them all, I thought, & I always asked for extra when I left after the show!
    The show started at 8:45pm and was pretty much as I remembered it, and I still loved it!

I waited to let the crowds clear out before trying to back my ECV out of where I had parked it and riding it to a place where there weren't any stairs barring my way back to the main thoroughfare!

I fought the incoming graduates as I worked my way to the exit and said goodbye to DCA for this trip; the Disneyland Forever Fireworks started going off around 9:30pm as I was crossing the Esplanade, so I watched them for a few minutes before continuing on to return my ECV for the $20 key deposit.

I left the resort and headed back to my room, arriving around 9:45pm. We did our usual routines, did a little pre-packing, and I went to bed around midnight (James followed at some time later).

Things we missed: We were able to hit almost everything on our must-do list we wanted to today, except for Guardians of the Galaxy (me only) & Radiator Springs Racers. Other attractions we would have liked to do but missed included Disneyland Railroad, Disneyland Monorail, Alice in Wonderland, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, & Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Thoughts about the day:
    • Riding HyperSpace Mountain 8 times in a row was unreal; I doubt I get to do that again in the future!
    • It was disappointing to see the big crowds arrive for Grad Nite on Friday; darn it that I'd forgotten about it when I rescheduled the trip!
    • I may be able to avoid the World of Color Dessert Party going forward, if I can just sit in my scooter for the show instead.

Saturday, May 14, 2022 (92o)
    Plan: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Actual: I was up by 9am and James followed about 30mins later; we finished our packing & checked out around 11am.

I requested a Lyft ride and Kevin picked us up around 11:15am; he had us at the airport just after 11:30am.

I printed off our boarding passes (A24 & 25) and checked in our big bag; we had no lines either here or at the TSA Pre-check and were soon done with both.

Note: After the issues I had at Carl's Jr. during our last trip trying to use gift cards as payment & the questionable customer service I received, I'd emailed their Corporate to express my concerns. The District Manager (Chris) contacted me and offered either my next meal comped or a gift card; I had requested the gift card, which never came. I emailed Chris a few days before this trip to request the comp meal instead; he apologized for the GC not arriving & said he would request another one and also comp my meal today! (BTW ~ the GC still has not arrived several months after the trip ended!)

Anyway, we found seats at Carl's and I went to order our lunch just before noon, letting them know that Chris had authorized the meal comp: cheese quesadilla with no pico de gallo for me, a bean/rice burrito without cheese for James, a chocolate chip cookie, and a large Coke Zero for us to share (comped value = $15.56); they were ready for me, the service was great, and we had our order shortly thereafter.

After we finished eating, we headed down to our gate and waited to board our flight. There was a family of 5 in the boarding area: mom, dad, & 3 very young children, the youngest being just a few months old. The mom got really sick and they called for medical assistance; first the sheriff deputies showed up, then the medical personnel, and then the EMTs with a gurney. The whole family left with the medical staff out a back elevator ~ we felt really bad for them, and hoped she felt better soon so they could get home.

We found our favorite seats in the Exit Row (12A & 12D), departed pretty much on time, enjoyed Coke Zero (me) and OJ (James) with our snack mix, and landed pretty much on time around 3:15pm.

HOWEVER, our traveling companions were AWFUL! James had chatty Cathy next to him, who never stopped talking to the stranger next to her for the ENTIRE flight!

Lucky me had a crazy person who had to have been high; he kept trying to give both me and the lady at the window money, even though we kept saying no. He tried joking with the Flight Attendant when she was asking us if we were willing to take on the extra responsibilities of sitting in the Exit Row; he said he'd rely on me & the lady at the window! The FA threatened to re-seat him (oh, I wish she had!), but didn't. Then he was trying to buy shots for me & the other lady during the beverage service ~ with CASH ~ and was unsuccessful with that as well. He even fell asleep on my shoulder ~ YUCK!

When he got up to use the bathroom shortly before we landed, the other lady & I commiserated about our bad luck & how we had caught him in several lies in the short time we had known him (first he claimed that he had walked from San Diego, then from Fullerton, then said he'd never flown before, but later said that he'd only flown 3 times before; he said he was from Chico and then later he was from SF and then Chico again ~ geesh, it went on & on!); I later found out from James that he heard the people behind him warning the Flight Attendant about this guy when he boarded, as he was being a nuisance beforehand and the sheriff's deputies had already spoken to him.

We were very happy to deplane! We collected our luggage and luckily caught a waiting bus to the Economy lot.

We paid for parking and drove down to an In-N-Out Burger on the south side of Sacramento, closer to our home, rather than the one on the north side of town. We had our usual burgers and shared an order of fries & a small Diet Coke, before arriving home around 5pm (hello Sidney!!!).

Thoughts about the day:
    • Getting the comped meal from Carl's Jr.; it's always nice when someone listens to your concerns and tried to make it right!
    • The horrible traveling companions; thank goodness it was a short flight!!!

Up Next: Our next trip is scheduled for September 13 17; however, we'll cancel if the weather ends up being too hot (90s & above).

Summary & Final Thoughts: Since coming home, James did some research and found a barely used electric wheelchair that collapses like a stroller via Craigslist, so we will use it going forward for my mobility issues!

Highlights include:
    • Riding our favorite attractions MULTIPLE times: HyperSpace Mountain & Guardians of the Galaxy for me and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for James!
    • Riding Rise of the Resistance & WEB SLINGERS together all three full days!
    • Both of us getting fantastic scores a couple of times on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, with James being #1 after one of those rides too!
    • "Multiple Experiences", even though we received them for a negative experience at the Main Street Electrical Parade viewing!
    • This one is a repeat but is worth repeating: getting the DAS; this medication I take makes me miserable (I overheat so easily) and the combination of the DAS with the cane, ECV, & cooling towel helped get me through it!

Lowlights include:
    • Missing the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Blue Bayou (both closed for refurbishment)
    • The negative experience with the guests in the dining package viewing section for the Main Street Electrical Parade, and the poor show by the Cast Members in maintaining the section properly!
    • The TOO HOT weather for us both during the second half of the trip!
    • The scary people in the airplane on the way home!

That's it for now ~ thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing more trip reports with you!!!
    Pam

Alright I just started to read but I meant to tell you, we used the daily lot last time rather than economy. We were a little close on time and didn't want to deal with the economy shuttles. It's on $2 more per day. It runs a shuttle more often but we were so close to the garage (the garage is more, you want the outside daily lot), we followed the walking path through the bottom level of the garage, there are signs for both A and B terminal on the walking path. When you get to the edge of the garage it sends you up the elevator to the third floor and you cross the bridge. We weren't checking a bag so we went right to the tram, you'd have to go down a level to check your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Alright I just started to read but I meant to tell you, we used the daily lot last time rather than economy. We were a little close on time and didn't want to deal with the economy shuttles. It's on $2 more per day. It runs a shuttle more often but we were so close to the garage (the garage is more, you want the outside daily lot), we followed the walking path through the bottom level of the garage, there are signs for both A and B terminal on the walking path. When you get to the edge of the garage it sends you up the elevator to the third floor and you cross the bridge. We weren't checking a bag so we went right to the tram, you'd have to go down a level to check your bag.
    Good to know, thanks Candles! Going forward, we will have an electric wheelchair with us, so James will still drop me off with it and the bag to be checked first, but if we're running late I'll let him know he can always use the daily lot to park in afterwards!
    Pam

I've been checking daily to see your TR - so glad it finally showed up! Looking forward to reading about your next trip!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    I've been checking daily to see your TR - so glad it finally showed up! Looking forward to reading about your next trip!
    Thank you!!! I keep watching the weather for this next trip...right now the forecast is mid-80s, which is doable for us; however, we all know the weather forecast is only good for a couple of days!
    Pam