Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: D23 Expo 2022 prep

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

D23 Expo 2022 prep

I got my badge today. I went to activate it and I received an Incorrect Barcode error. I checked 3 times and entered whats on the badge. So email out to D23 support - but a note to you all is dont wait to activate your badge. Get it done in case you get an error. This way you wont have issues registering for the RSP for events.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I got my badge today. I went to activate it and I received an Incorrect Barcode error. I checked 3 times and entered whats on the badge. So email out to D23 support - but a note to you all is dont wait to activate your badge. Get it done in case you get an error. This way you wont have issues registering for the RSP for events.
    Thanks for the heads up. We got our badges today, too. Will try to activate them tonight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. We got our badges today, too. Will try to activate them tonight.
    How many digits is your code? Mine is 6 digits long

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

How many digits is your code? Mine is 6 digits long

Same here. And same error message. Sent an email to D23. Let's see whether we both get answers and whether we get the same answer! lol...

Blog Entries

Here is the text I received from D23 customer service (it claimed it was from shop dis ey in the message header)

#########
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your D23 Expo badges.

We apologize for the difficulties activating your Expo Badge(s). We are working to quickly get this resolved. We will reach back out once it has been fixed.

Great news! You that you will still be able to make advanced reservations without activating your badge(s). Please visit D23Expo.com as well as https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/ for the latest information.

We are looking forward to celebrating all things Disney with you at the D23 Expo 2022!

Best,

D23 Guest Relations
    #######

Blog Entries

And this was new to me on the website faq

"A new preferred seating ticket option will be available for Hall D23."

I didn't they thet we're doing anything like sorcerer.

Here is the text I received from D23 customer service (it claimed it was from shop dis ey in the message header)

#########
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your D23 Expo badges.

We apologize for the difficulties activating your Expo Badge(s). We are working to quickly get this resolved. We will reach back out once it has been fixed.

Great news! You that you will still be able to make advanced reservations without activating your badge(s). Please visit D23Expo.com as well as https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/ for the latest information.

We are looking forward to celebrating all things Disney with you at the D23 Expo 2022!

Best,

D23 Guest Relations
    #######

I received that same message via email. Hope they fix this quickly. Also, not sure if Mr. Tea's ticket transferred or not. His account looks like it did. My account says it is still waiting for this to happen. And when I click on the transfer link in the acceptance email? It takes me to a dead page. Sigh...

Blog Entries
    I received that same message via email. Hope they fix this quickly. Also, not sure if Mr. Tea's ticket transferred or not. His account looks like it did. My account says it is still waiting for this to happen. And when I click on the transfer link in the acceptance email? It takes me to a dead page. Sigh...
    With all of these troubles already - Im not convinced that we WILL be able to make reservations without the badge. A lot of confidence in their process is lost (and it was so bad before!).

With all of these troubles already - Im not convinced that we WILL be able to make reservations without the badge. A lot of confidence in their process is lost (and it was so bad before!).
    I received an email from Michelle at D23 asking for some additional information. We'll see where this goes...

Blog Entries
    I received an email from Michelle at D23 asking for some additional information. We'll see where this goes...
    An "official" email from D23 admin acknowledged that many people had this issue and the D23 is looking at fixes

Received a mass email from D23. Issue is fixed and they activated the badges. I still need to check my account to make sure there aren't any errors.

Blog Entries
    Received a mass email from D23. Issue is fixed and they activated the badges. I still need to check my account to make sure there aren't any errors.
    same here. Is there a way to check?

same here. Is there a way to check?
    I followed the email's directions to manage my account and Mr. Tea's. Made sure we knew which badge number belonged to whom and made sure the transfer had processed. So far, so good!

Blog Entries
    I followed the email's directions to manage my account and Mr. Tea's. Made sure we knew which badge number belonged to whom and made sure the transfer had processed. So far, so good!
    now we wait for Showpass and the virtual queue for shopping. That will be interesting... - I wonder if there is a way to share an image of a QR code and then use the code. I've never done that. its always using my camera.

Blog Entries

And so, Disney Corp management (and D23) has taken a page from Disneyland management - they've given you less than a week to prepare for selecting which panels you want to attend. If you're going with friends (like I am) this could be very challenging. and if they use the same systems like last time - UGH - that took FOREVER. I had to figure out a hack to get around the long wait and it worked - but I think they've changed the software or the provider now so it wont be the same (last time it was the same one Disneyland used, so Im sure thats the case this year).

And in classic fashion EVERYTHING will be on your phone. Look around at the displays and booths? Nope, need to get my virtual queue ready for the next shopping item. Watching a panel? not paying attention because I've been alerted that spots have opened up at another panel. and so on. Oh darn - which app do I use for what? and I didnt get the overnight update of the app - so now I missed out on a fun mini-event (or in current parlance : activation).

And in classic fashion EVERYTHING will be on your phone. Look around at the displays and booths? Nope, need to get my virtual queue ready for the next shopping item. Watching a panel? not paying attention because I've been alerted that spots have opened up at another panel. and so on. Oh darn - which app do I use for what? and I didnt get the overnight update of the app - so now I missed out on a fun mini-event (or in current parlance : activation).
    You mean ... not everyone has 3 separate phones that can all be logged in for different purposes and are somehow taped to your wrist/arm for convenience sake. or perhaps with one of the phone trays I've seen people use for Pokemon go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    you mean ... Not everyone has 3 separate phones that can all be logged in for different purposes and are somehow taped to your wrist/arm for convenience sake. Or perhaps with one of the phone trays i've seen people use for pokemon go?
    lol

Is everyone ready? Did the RSPs work out for you? The weather should be interesting. Rain? Hmm...

Blog Entries

i didnt get everything I wanted. I was kind of surprised I only got 1 item per day. seems like a version of WDW Genie+. And I have freinds from AZ who dont match up with my list so thats a problem. I thought I would get maybe 1 panel and 1 giveaway on some days but nothing. And with the comments I've seen from D23 experts (Christian Milan being one) the speculation is that fewer tix were made available due to their desire to keep people still spaced out a little for covid safety. The mask requirement for talent central is very interesting.

The app updated yesterday so I put my selections in to track. There are a few authors at Talent Central - 50 spots per session only so tough to get a ticket. I have to think that there will be opportunities for walk up on some things that were in the RSP.

I'm dreading the shopping VQ tomorrow. Having to jump between apps, and expecting the apps to keep your logins straight, seem like it wont work well l especially since they are so late getting the apps to update. I suggest everyone update your apps tomorrow before the VQ starts.

Another tip - since all the doors to the expo open at the same time - there's no benefit to get there at 5am - unless you are trying for the early panels. I plan to arrive around 630am. i think thats good enough. especially with rain (but the heavy stuff now scheduled for Friday nigth/Sat).

Blog Entries

Everything I said, which was derived from other experts, was not right. People came early, they had them line up in Hall E, and then brought up folks lined up for hall A then Hall B. I was in the C line thinking I'd get in the MOG area early. Nope. We were not brought upstairs until 945 - 45 min after the doors opened.

More stuff like this during the rest of the day. Virtual Queues are hard to get and not many opportunities for standby. I was lucky early at mog. What was I most disappointed so far about day 1? The expo marketplace really doesn't have any merch that is "you are here d23 expo 2022". All the clothes and collectibles were based on movie lines (Pandora, princess, diffy, pizza planet) with nothing general. So underwhelming. And my guess is all of this will be available on shop Disney.

I'm sad now I didn't buy the plain d 23 expo ears prior to the event.

Maybe I'm going old fast -but everything under Chapek is a Disney store now.