Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney Plus

Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney Plus

Finding OWK to be a real disappointment. Don't want to provide spoilers but the series seems to be going down tracks which do not seem to honor original Star Wars
    trajectories and seems to provide very little insight into the Jedi way of life one would expect. Also finding some of the filming locations the same tired SoCal desert backlots we have seen so many times on so many other shows with the only Star Wars elements being dirty stormtroopers and rusty transports.

I'll take a Solo 2 from Ron Howard over this particular series any day.

2. # ADS

While I'm probably enjoying it in general, I do share your feelings on having conflicting feelings on some of it to some extent from "certain points of view" .

Spoilers under the tag below for anyone not wanting to read about up to the third episode of Obi-Wan, don't click the button!

As much as I enjoyed the Vader and Obi Wan duel in the third episode, I feel it dilutes or makes us re-think one of the major concepts from the original Star Wars. I think up until now, right after our heroes on the Millennium Falcon arrive on the Death Star via the tractor beam, the Vader line "I sense something... a presence I've not felt since...." was (I think) pretty much understood to mean that Vader had not sensed Obi-Wan's' presence since their duel that ended with him being dismembered and then having his armor built around what was left of him. (Maybe I'm mistaken, I am not fluent in ALL extended universe books, etc that might have explored that path more deeply in the past).

Anyway, with this new duel in Obi-Wan episode 3, I think it takes a LOT of the impact of that away. Especially since Vader was really overpowering an unprepared Obi Wan in a very big way in this duel. Significantly dilutes the whole "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master" line a lot too. I guess we have 3 more episodes to see if there are any further encounters between Obi-Wan and Vader, but I would assume maybe not, since this is only a 6 episode series (though one of the stories I just read seemed to indicate a possibility of a second season of Obi-Wan has been mentioned. Not sure if that's an official concept/possibility or just internet banter/rumor).

I know some others were unhappy with the potential Grand Inquisitor death as well, but supposedly that is going to be resolved in a way that keeps with the canon regarding how the character existed in the Rebels series. I guess we will see.
    -Dave