Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Paris

Disneyland Paris

Sorry for posting this here! I know that this is not the correct forum but there doesn't seem to be much, if any, activity anywhere else on the site.

Has anyone been to DL Paris? Do you have tips on the best way to book rooms and tickets? I've been to the website but there doesn't seem to be anyway to adjust the #of days you want tickets for, it just defaults to one more than the number of nights. The only phone number appears to be in France.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated and if this needs to be removed I understand.

Thank you -
    Deni

2. # ADS

I'm booking a trip now. I've also noticed that all multiday tickets are hoppers. Our original plan was to spend 1 night near the parks while keeping our Paris hotel. Now the dates of our trip have changed and we're going straight from the airport to our hotel (offsite) and staying 3 nights, Late afternoon arrival, so I guess we'll find somewhere to eat at Disney Village or a hotel the first night. I chose to stay the 3rd night because it was significantly cheaper than our next hotel and because I think it will be better to take a train to our next stop in the morning rather than after a park day. I'm booking this trip 3 weeks out, so I'm also not able to really find any dining reservations, so we'll see how that goes. I'm a little disappointed not to get Bistrot Chez Remy but it is what it is. I'll hopefully have an update in a few weeks for you.

Last edited by AnotherJenny; 06-01-2022 at 09:28 PM.

More planning info:

Our initial plan was 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at the Studios (2 separate 1 day tickets, we're going on $74 days), 1 hotel night in between and back to Paris after the day at the Studios. Now we're leaving from the parks to the south, so we decided to get 2 day hoppers for about $166 each, bought at a slight discount from Viator, which I've used before for other non-Disney tours. There was a UK reseller that was a little cheaper and offered free PhotoPass, but I wasn't sure if the offer was for UK residents so we went with the reseller I knew. I was able to load them in Disney's app, so it ended up being pretty easy to not book anything through Disney. We also booked our train tickets and found a nonstop from the station at the park, so we won't have to go into Paris or transfer, that was nice. The only thing left travel wise is our airport transfer, which I'm planning to book the Magical Shuttle, but it doesn't seem like you pick a time or that they ask for your flight info, so I'm willing to wait on that and either book it right before the flight departs or risk having to use Uber.

I've been checking the app various times throughout the day for wait times. Of course this could change in 2 weeks, but so far it all looks manageable without paying for premier access. There have been lines over an hour, but long waits don't bother us, we still remember life before fastpass. I'm willing to pay for a couple of rides per day if we have to, but another plus to getting the hoppers is we have a second shot if we miss something. And we'll be there before Avenger's Campus opens, so there really isn't a while lot at the Studios, plus we have several rides we're planning to skip, like Tower of Terror and Star Tours.

The main thing that I'm looking at now is food. I made a reservation at Downtown, the buffet at New York hotel for our arrival night (our flight lands around 3:30, so I figure between the bus and checking into the hotel we'd get there around 7pm), but neither of us really wants to go to a buffet. Even though the menu is sparse we'll probably take our chances at the Skyline bar. The only place in the Village that we're interested in is King Ludwig's, but I haven't been able to find hours, and after going over the park menus we could find I think we'll probably end up eating there on a park day. The park food seems to be heavy on American fast food style concessions and Italian food. Since our original plan would have been probably 3 park meals and now we'll be there for 2+ days, probably 7 meals, I'm starting to not feel great about paying Disney prices for stuff I just don't want. I'm finding the app hard to navigate, a lot of places don't have menus online, (the ones that do are only in the app, not on Disney's website,) and several of them serve one item. Toad Hall has fish and chips and a vegetarian fried fish and chips. Good thing I like fish and chips because I'm wouldn't skip a meal at Toad Hall. One plus about having park hoppers now is that we get 2 chances to get walk-up for Bistrot Chez Remy. But other than that, I'm hoping that a lot of the snack and grab and go places have some unique stuff we'll want. I'm not going to be thrilled if I flew all the way to France to pay Disney $20 for a veggie burger or sad looking personal pizza.

So that's where I am with my self-planned trip:
    Flight - ✅
    Offsite hotel - ✅
    3rd party tickets - ✅
    Airport transfer - ❓
    Food - ❌

I'm at our hotel now. We used Magical Shuttle for our transfer, booked online while waiting at LAX for 23 Euros per person. You don't have to designate a time if you arrive between 9am and 7pm, so that worked out, because we would have missed the time we thought we'd make it.

I found it extremely easy to find the shuttle stop, there was a video screen in baggage claim with the shuttle company stop numbers, and they tell you which door to exit. I do read French though, so maybe that made it easier? We stood out there alone for awhile and everyone who showed up asked if they were in the right place. Everyone put their luggage under the bus themselves, and we were the 2nd pick up, so we did have to move people's luggage to find room for ours. The ride estimate was 45 minutes, but there was a ton of traffic, so it did take an hour to the first stop, which was Hotel Santa Fe. Then we were dropped at the train station out side the park.

Our hotel is one stop, there is no pass to go back and forth, so it's about $2 each way. About half the machines weren't working so we opted to wait in line for the only agent. Then we used the machine at our station to buy a booklet of tickets. I'm not thrilled it will be $2 each time we go back and forth, this hotel is several hundred per night less than the Disney ones, and we would have been locked into 4 day tickets with a 3 night stay.

Our train station has something like 35 steps from the platform to the street level, no elevator or escalator, so that was fun with my luggage. There's an escalator going up on the other side of the platform, but that's where we depart, so we'll never use it. If we were more than 2-3 people or had kids or mobility issues, we probably would have opted for an Uber from the airport. That said, I have an international data plan, and it connected initially when we landed and then data stopped working by the time we had our bags. Fortunately my sister bought a local eSim, because if we had relied on my data alone, Uber might not have been an option.

Last night we took the train back to the bus hub and took Disney buses around to look at some of the hotels. We went to Skyline Bar at Disney New York. I'm glad we're staying off site, we got to experience what we wanted of the hotels anyway, which was basically seeing the theming and specifically the Marvel one.

Quote Originally Posted by DMommyP View Post
    Sorry for posting this here! I know that this is not the correct forum but there doesn't seem to be much, if any, activity anywhere else on the site.

Has anyone been to DL Paris? Do you have tips on the best way to book rooms and tickets? I've been to the website but there doesn't seem to be anyway to adjust the #of days you want tickets for, it just defaults to one more than the number of nights. The only phone number appears to be in France.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated and if this needs to be removed I understand.

Thank you -
    Deni
    Interesting observation. Do you think that is because most people use social media now to communicate? The authors of articles used to respond when we would comment on their posts but they rarely do now. And some of the columnists really seem to put alot of effort in their work yet nobody will respond to them. I know one person died and it seems a couple others just quit the site altogether. I found it interesting that you made this comment.

Have been looking at ticket and add-on prices for Disneyland Paris - is it true that what amounts to a fastpass for DLP is upwards of $200 per person added on to the base ticket price for just one day in one park?

Quote Originally Posted by CDF View Post
    Have been looking at ticket and add-on prices for Disneyland Paris - is it true that what amounts to a fastpass for DLP is upwards of $200 per person added on to the base ticket price for just one day in one park?
    There's an all-in option where you can use it on each Premier Access ride once per day. There is also the option to pay essentially a la carte per attraction. When I was there in June, per attraction costs were 10-20 Euros. There were not 10 Premier Access rides we even wanted to ride, plus a few had single rider. Granted, I was there before the new Avengers area opened. You can download the app and see how much the per attraction costs tend to be on the days leading up to your trip.

Thanks for the info. I would agree that there are not 10 attractions at DLP that would be worth the expensive Premier Access option.