Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Pammer ~ February 28 - March 4, 2022 ~ Offsite

Travel dates: February 28 - March 4, 2022
    Travel method: Southwest
    Resort: Camelot Inn (Off-site)
    Accommodations: Standard
    Ages Represented in Group: Adult
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Veteran
    Comments: Let's make good use of our new Enchant Magic Keys ~ Part II!
    Cast of characters:
    • Pam, 61: trip planner/writer/self-proclaimed Disney Queen!
    • James, 61: Pam's hubby who likes Disneyland but is not as fanatic as Pam!
    • Debbie: Pam's cousin

The Planning

Since we now have the Keys, I thought 2/28 - 3/4 for our next trip would hopefully miss most of the Presidents' Day holiday & the spring break crowds; therefore, I started my pre-planning!

Also, my cousin Debbie, who lives about 30 miles away, is coming to spend the morning with me on Thursday; we're going to ride some attractions together!

Lodging: I booked a Two-Bedroom Family Suite in late October at the Camelot Inn on Harbor Blvd. ($265/night).

Airfare: I booked airfare on Southwest Airlines using a gift card from my brother after we came back from our last trip in January; the total, including the Early-Bird option, came to $296 total for both of us.

Ground Transportation: We will park our car at the Sacramento airport and use Lyft between SNA & Anaheim.

Tickets: We have active Enchant Magic Key passes.

Theme Park Reservations: As we used each day of our trip in January, I made reservations each night until all 4 days of this trip were booked:

• February 28: Start at Disney California Adventure
    • March 1: Start at Disneyland Park
    • March 2: Start at Disney California Adventure
    • March 3: Start at Disneyland Park

Priority Seating: I was not successful with booking the Blue Bayou for either a lunch or dinner reservation during our trip; however, I was able to snag one at the Lamplight Lounge & the Cafe Orleans, and the rest will probably be counter-service:

• March 1: Cafe Orleans @ 12:30pm
    • March 2: Lamplight Lounge @ 12:40pm

The Itinerary

Here was the result of my pre-planning:

• February 28: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; DCA/Disneyland
    • March 1: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Cafe Orleans
    • March 2: DCA/Disneyland; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge
    • March 3: Disneyland/DCA; meet up with cousin Debbie
    • March 4: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Sunday, February 27, 2022 (1 day before departure)

Actual: I spent the day doing my normal pre-departure tasks (laundry, packing, house-cleaning) and dropped off our house key with our neighbor who cat-sits Sidney for us. I also printed off our boarding passes around 3:20pm (A33 & A34), and went to Subway to get James his foot-long veggie sandwich for tomorrow.

James did his usual tasks, and also mowed the lawn!

Monday, February 28, 2022 (86o)
    Plan: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn; DCA/Disneyland

Actual: I was up around 9:30am & James followed around 11am; we left the house on-time around 12:50pm and had an easy commute to the airport. We found an end spot in the economy lot (42A) and proceeded to wait 40 MINUTES for a bus to take us to the terminal!!! Three did come by before then, but 2 were drop-off only and 1 was out-of-service ~ thank goodness we weren't running late!!!

We checked our large bag in (35#) and were quickly through the Pre-TSA line; we went straight over to find a seat at our gate (B15), stopping to refill our empty water bottle along the way (we usually eat at the dining area by the food court, but the long bus wait changed our plans).

James ate his Subway sandwich & I ate a couple of pepperoni pizza Lunchables that I'd brought from home (I get them at Dollar Tree) while we waited to board. Our plane arrived on time and we boarded on time as well; you'd think we'd have a pretty good chance to get an exit row seat with our boarding numbers & a plane that was only half-full, but apparently several customers that boarded before us had the same idea and there was no exit row aisle or window seating available! We ended up sitting in Row 10, with no one in-between us.

We took off on-time around 3:20pm, but the flight was turbulent and they couldn't serve any drinks, only the snack mix.

We landed 10mins early, collected our bag, and I requested a Lyft ride to our motel. It was crazy that the rates were $10 higher than they were about this same time in January, but similar to our ride in November. Isaias picked us up around 5pm and dropped us off about a half hour later at the Camelot Inn & Suites.

We got checked in and were given our room (#502), which is the best location we could hope for (top floor and front of the resort)!!!

We did a quick look-see in the room, put our valuables in the safe, and headed over to McDonald's for a quick bite (2 hamburgers, a double hamburger, & a small Diet Dr. Pepper to share) around 6pm. After we ate, we walked over to Disney California Adventure around 6:20pm.

I stopped at Guest Relations to renew my Disability Access Service (DAS) pass, as it had expired since our last trip (they are good for 60 days, if you have a Magic Key; otherwise, they are good for the duration of a regular ticket), and then we got a return time for Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! (7:10pm @ 6:26pm). Most of the attractions had long return time windows, and we weren't planning to stay too long, which is why we decided on Monsters Inc.

Today was the last day of the Magic Key Holder Appreciation Month & it was due to close at 7pm, so we headed straight over to the area below the Silly Symphony Swings to check in and collect our sunglasses & Transportation lithograph. (This was the only reason I made today's reservation for this park; otherwise, we would have gone across the way to Disneyland Park, where there is a lot more to do!) There was supposed to be an Avengers collectible available at the World of Disney as well, but I knew my legs & knee weren't going to be able to handle that much walking so we decided not to go.

James is a big fan of Jumpin' Jellyfish, so we got in line since we were here and Standby was posted as 5mins; well, it ended up being more like 15mins and it was really difficult for me to stand that long (it was still pretty warm outside too).

We next went back to ride Monsters Inc. around 7:10pm; fortunately, the ride didn't go down on us while we were in line like it did the last trip!

James then went into Off the Page, while I went to wait for him on a bench outside of Elias & Co.; we met back up, quickly cruised through Elias, and left the park around 7:50pm.

We walked down Harbor to Pizza Press, where I went in to order our pizzas; James kept on towards the CVS on Katella, where he got 2 gallons of water, 2 sandwiches, and some OJ.

I had quite a wait at Pizza Press (like usual), but was finally able to order 2 cheese pizzas, 2 Publish Your Own pizzas (mostly veggie, plus chicken), and a soda around 8:15pm. (I decided to get an extra pizza to use for my breakfasts.)

I got a Diet Pepsi and James arrived soon after the pizzas were ready.

We each ate about half of one of our pizzas and carried the rest back to the room, along with our supplies from CVS. Unfortunately, Pizza Press was out of the big plastic bags I'd used last time to carry the pizza boxes back to the motel in, so they gave us a paper bag and we consolidated the pizzas into 3 boxes, instead of 4 (guess I need to remember to bring my own big plastic bag next trip, just in case!). I also needed to carry the drink cup & use my cane as well, so it was quite difficult (James already had his hands full with the water & other food from CVS).

We arrived back at the room around 8:45pm and started our unpacking; later James watched TV, while I worked on my trip notes.

My legs & back were REALLY aching by the time I took my shower and got in bed around midnight (James followed around 1am), so James applied some DoTerra cream on my feet & knees and I took a Motrin for my aches!

Thoughts about the day:
    • It was nice to arrive in time to get the Magic Key Appreciation freebies & ride a couple of attractions!
    • The airport Economy Lot bus service was a joke today; so glad we weren't running late!!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 (86o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Cafe Orleans

Actual: My alarm went off at 6:30am (groan) and I had a couple slices of leftover pizza for breakfast as I got ready; I was out the door around 7:35am. I went through security and rented my ECV around 7:45am.

I got in line for DL and was through the turnstile just after 8am. I pulled over to the side, made a return time (RT) for Space Mountain (8:13am @ 8:08am; I use screenshots to remember this stuff!), and headed into Tomorrowland.

Star Tours - The Adventures Continue was listed as 5mins, as it usually is first thing in the morning, so I parked my ECV outside and rode the attraction via the elevator entrance; I was pleased to get some scenes from the most recent movies: Kylo Ren, Jakku, BB8, & Exegol.

I walked through Star Trader, just glancing at the merchandise along the way, and went to check-in at the exit to ride Space. After riding, the CM told me that I needed to check back in at the exit to see if I could ride again; they've always called for me before but this CM refused to do so, even after I politely asked.

I trudged back to the exit and requested a Lead to discuss the issue (I really only wanted to clarify the procedure; if they aren't calling anymore, I just wanted to know). I had to wait quite a while for her, as she was addressing something else, so I asked for a "location" return time (also known as "local"; 8:54am @ 8:49am) before sitting down to wait. While waiting, I noticed that I was still showing the original RT for Space and it wouldn't let me cancel it, so I went back to the CM for help.

I sat back down, made a regular return time for Space via the app (8:56am @ 8:51am), and noticed that my LRT was now missing, so I asked for another one (8:58am @ 8:53am; standby was still only posted as 10mins at this point, so my return times were also as brief!).

The Lead CM arrived and confirmed that the first CM should have called for me and then proceeded to put a couple of "Multiple Experiences" on my app (I call them digital FastPasses) for my trouble! That was so nice of her!!!

I rode Space a couple more times and then made a RT for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (9:25am @ 9:20am), which was active by the time I got there! I scored 385,500, which was #21 at the time so I was pleased!

I next made a RT for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (10:03am @ 9:48am) and then decided to see The Enchanted Tiki Room at 10am. I was so excited to see the legendary CM Maynard speaking to guests waiting for the next show, so I stopped to say hello. I was flabbergasted when he told me how much he liked our photo from the last trip that I'd posted on the Fans of Maynard page on Facebook!

We took another photo together...

...and I asked him if he was going to be "Tiki Boy" for the next show; he said yes, so I was very excited to get a video of his performance! (He has since announced his retirement, effective April 1, 2022, so I am so happy to have had one final "meet & greet" with him!!!)

We chatted a bit afterwards near the attraction entrance, before I went to collect my ECV I'd left by the Jolly Holliday Cafe; I then went to the exit of BTMR to check-in for my ride on "The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness", and subsequently made a RT for Snow White's Enchanted Wish (11:01am @ 10:46am) right afterwards.

I next went into Fantasyland, parked my ECV near the King Arthur Carrousel, and rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride via the exit. The CM standing there surprised me by asking if I had a RT for Toad; I didn't, of course, I had one for Snow and they have NEVER required one here for me before because of my mobility issues! She let me in, but I ended up questioning the CM inside about whether they now required a RT for this attraction? She said no, my cane is my pass (currently only Snow, Peter, & Alice require return times), so it seems the outside CM is just a newbie still learning the ropes; no worries, I just wanted to know if they had changed the rules since my visit last month!

I rode Snow via the Transfer Access Vehicle through the exit with my RT & then made a RT for Pinocchio's Daring Journey (11:11am @ 11:01am) JUST IN CASE! I rode it via their Transfer Access Vehicle through their exit a few minutes later.

I made a RT for Haunted Mansion (11:35am @ 11:20am) and slowly headed in that direction from Fantasyland, dodging guests all along the way! I parked the ECV along the wall outside the attraction and checked in for my ride; it is SO difficult for my eyes to change from the bright sunlight outside to the dim interior of the foyer & I really had a hard time trying not to step on anyone until I got to my "Doom Buggy"!

To be continued...
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 (86o) ~ Part II
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Cafe Orleans

I went back to my ECV and checked my phone; James had called 4 times while I was on the HM! I called him back, then quickly made a RT for Rise of the Resistance (1:27pm @ 11:52am), before meeting up with him outside the Cafe Orleans just before noon.

I checked us in and we received the text to be seated about 5mins later; we were happy to be inside, as it was getting pretty warm outside, even in the shade!

Our server Carlomar took our drink order: Diet Coke for me and a Mint Julep for James. For our meal, we had the same thing as last month: I ordered the Battered & Fried Cheese "Monte Cristo" (Brie, Swiss and Mozzarella with Pommes Frites) and James ordered the Roasted Half Chicken (Butter Whipped Potatoes, Market Vegetables, Natural Jus). James' chicken was larger this trip, but I found my entree to have too much batter.

For dessert, we again shared the Praline Cheesecake, which was delicious!

However, I think we'll skip this restaurant for a while, since I didn't like my sandwich as much as I did the first time. We settled the bill and left around 1pm.

We still had time to kill before our Rise RT, so we rode the Disneyland Railroad full-circle from the New Orleans Square station exit; this took about a half hour, so it was time to head to Galaxy's Edge when we finished.

I parked my ECV near the attraction exit and we checked in to ride Rise; if it wasn't for my love of Space Mountain, this would definitely be my favorite attraction over here as it is AWESOME!!!

Right after checking in, I made a RT for Buzz (2:21pm @ 1:51pm) and we headed in that direction after we finished Rise.

The "Multiple Experiences" were finally available in my app around noon, and I decided to let James use one of them to ride Buzz now while I used the LRT for Space that I still had (this is about 2:40pm; these MEs were only for 1 guest at a time). We swapped phones to do this, as James doesn't have data or the Disneyland app on his phone (I was able to use my paper pass to check-in for Space).

I was surprised to be done first; I fully expected James to be on his second ride with the "Multiple Experiences" passes, but he had barely finished his first ride! Part of what was taking so long is because he had scored 1,144,300, which was #7 at the time, and he was trying to use my phone to take pictures of the Top 10 board! He was quite excited ~

James left to go back to the room, while I cancelled the Buzz RT and then tried to make one for WEB SLINGERS; however, you still have to either enter the other park to do these via the app or go to a Guest Relations kiosk. I called James and told him to go through the DCA turnstile and then I followed more slowly on the ECV to do the same thing; once we'd both gone through, I was able to make the WEB RT (4:35pm @ 3:20pm).

I dropped off my ECV at the rental place, told them I'd be back for it later, and went to the motel for a break around 3:30pm.

Around 5:30pm, we were discussing food options; I'd noticed that the Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta place had reopened, so we decided to eat dinner there (no Mobile Ordering yet). We left for DCA around 5:50pm, collected my ECV, and headed down Buena Vista Street; imagine my surprise & delight to see CM Maynard, off-duty, near the hub! He was there to meet some friends for dinner, but graciously chatted with us for a few minutes! James took a few photos of us together (he didn't want to be in the pictures), and then we continued on our way.

We headed into Avengers Campus to ride WEB; right after we checked-in, I made a RT for Toy Story Midway Mania (7:10pm @ 6:10pm).

We had loads of fun on WEB and were the only 2 in our row; we scored 417,400 but could have probably scored higher with extra guests to help us!

We headed over to BP&P where James got the spaghetti & meatballs, I got a slice of pepperoni pizza and the breadsticks, and we shared a Coke Zero. The dining area was pretty full, but we managed to find a table. All of the food was tasty, but $5 for 2 breadsticks is horrible, so I will skip them in the future!

We next went to check-in for TSMM, and then I made a RT for Radiator Springs Racers (8:17pm @ 7:07pm); I ended up canceling that one 4 minutes later in favor of a RT at Soarin' Around the World (7:41pm @ 7:11pm), because the return time was shorter and I was getting tired!

While waiting to ride TSMM, I made a mobile order for a sliced sourdough baguette from the Pacific Wharf Cafe (pickup 7:20pm 7:50pm); James then beat me 226,800 to my 154,300!

I had read about the wonderful cookies at Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums, so we found it at the exit of the Incredicoaster and purchased a chocolate chip cookie; OMG, it was warm and SO DELICIOUS!!!! We shared it as we headed over to pick up our sliced baguette from PWC.

We next went to ride Soarin' around 8pm, and I made a RT for Monsters Inc. while in line (8:10pm @ 8:05pm); we were in position waiting to enter the attraction when it went down! They gave us a "Multiple Experience" that was good through the end of the following day (very helpful, since the park was closing in about 45mins!); it had a couple of exceptions, so day guests who wouldn't be here tomorrow wouldn't be able to use it anywhere unless they hurried!

We went to ride Monsters Inc. around 8:40pm and then left the park; I was trying to find a Stitch & Angel mini-backpack for my friend Juanita, so we went to the World of Disney to see if they had it in stock. They didn't, but I did find a cute shirt that I liked; the lines were crazy, so I did Mobile Order via the app for it and we were soon on our way back to the room for some much-needed rest!

Things we missed: Star Tours (James only), all of Fantasyland (except for Toad, Snow, & Pinocchio for me), Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, and pretty much all of DCA except for WEB SLINGERS, Toy Story Midway Mania, & Monsters Inc!

Thoughts about the day:
    • I can NEVER praise having the ECV & the DAS pass enough!
    • How great to see CM Maynard not just once, but twice today!!!
    • It was nice to eat at Cafe Orleans again; however, it wasn't as enjoyable for me as it was the first time.
    • It was a bummer that Soarin' Around the World went down on us, right before we entered the boarding area! However, it was nice to get a "Multiple Experience" to use tomorrow.
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Wednesday, March 2, 2022 (82o)
    Plan: DCA/Disneyland; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge

Actual: Since I really only wanted to ride Guardians of the Galaxy a few times before meeting up with James for lunch, I decided to set my alarm for 7:30am and forego that first quieter hour in the park. I got ready, left around 8:25am, and was through security and renting my ECV around 8:45am.

Lines were much longer everywhere than they were an hour earlier yesterday, so my sleeping in definitely did not pay off except in a bit more rest!

I made a RT for Guardians (9:35am @ 8:50am) and then went to ride Soarin' via the standby line (wait posted as 25mins); I knew the Lightning Lane/DAS returns would be light at this time of day, and standby should move fairly quickly. Of course, there was some "turbulence" announced while I was waiting inside (ride issues), but at least I had the ECV to sit on!

I parked the ECV near the Guardians attraction exit and went to check-in for my first ride; I then made a RT for my second ride (10:32am @ 9:42am). I had my least favorite version ("We Want the Funk"), but I loved the ride nonetheless!

I sat on my ECV while waiting for my next ride and messaged my cousin Debbie about the logistics of meeting up tomorrow; I then went to ride Guardians for the second time. I noticed that the outside LL queue was quite long and they were making announcements that the ride was down, so I went back to ask the CMs at the front of the line what was going on. Apparently, they only had one elevator working, so it the waits were going to be much longer than usual; they also assured me that our queue would be allowed on before the standby (which I saw later to not be accurate). During this discussion, about 20-30 people walked past me into the LL queue, making my wait that much longer! I really started to regret my decision to not bring the ECV on to the ride with me, but it can be cumbersome in the tight queues!

I made another RT for Guardians (11:43am @ 10:28am), but I was beginning to doubt that was going to work for me. I had another great ride, although I got the same version as earlier ("We Got the Funk")!

It was after 11am by the time I was done, so I got my ECV and went to use the restroom in Hollywood Land. I noticed that the Food & Wine Festival food booth near Monsters Inc. was open, so whoo-hoo! Hopefully, I will get a chance to try something tonight or tomorrow (the festival officially opens on Friday, but that doesn't work for us).

The LL queue for Guardians was still humongous and weaving into the street outside the attraction entrance, so I continued on through Avengers Campus; I pulled over to cancel the Guardians RT around 11:40am and saw Iron Man come out to do a meet & greet right behind me! I couldn't get a photo before he moved farther away, so oh well!

I stopped for a sourdough bread sample from the Boudin Bakery Tour and just kept heading over toward Pixar Pier; I found a shady out-of-the-way spot next to Knick's Knacks to wait for lunch. James called around noon and I told him where to find me; as soon as I saw that he was in the park, I made a RT for TSMM (1:02pm @ 12:12pm).

We met up around 12:15pm and hung out until I could check-in online for our lunch reservation at Lamplight Lounge (20mins prior to 12:40pm).

I received the check-in text around 12:35pm and we were shown to "our" table: the same one we've eaten at 3 out of 4 visits in the past year!

We ordered our usual drinks from our server Nate: 2319 (frozen Mocktail made with Strawberry Puree, Cream of Coconut, and Pineapple Juice, topped with Diet Coca-Cola) for James & a Diet Coke for me.

I ordered my usual Cheddar Burger (Grilled custom Burger blend with Cheddar and Toasted Amish Bun served with Malted Fries, but without the Roasted Tomato, Red Onion, & Avocado Ranch Spread) and James tried the Salmon PLT this time (Grilled Salmon with Crispy Pancetta, Lettuce, & Roasted Plum Tomato, on Toasted Focaccia, but without the Lemon-Bacon Aioli).

The food was wonderful as always, and we declined the donuts because they didn't have the special Cookies & Cream version that would become available during the run of the Food & Wine Festival; that, plus we were full!

We paid the bill and went to ride TSMM, where James beat me 214,500 to my 149,100!

Because we hadn't entered DL yet, we stopped at the Guest Relations kiosk by the Incredicoaster to get a RT for Rise (3pm @ 2pm), and then we went to ride Soarin' with the "Multiple Experience" from last night.

We park-hopped over to DL and got a LRT for Indiana Jones Adventure (3:34pm @ 2:54pm), then continued on to Galaxy's Edge. We got a RT for Star Tours after we checked-in to Rise (3:28pm @ 3:08pm), then had a wonderful ride on it as always!

We went to ride Indy and while inside, James asked a CM to call for an exchange to my ECV; I'd been having random issues with it stopping suddenly for no apparent reason off and on all day, and James noticed it while we were in the Indy queue. After our ride, the CM had us wait a little longer over to the side (there was a "rock" bench that we were able to sit on), and eventually another CM arrived with the replacement ECV. She gave us 2 "Multiple Experiences" for our inconvenience, which was great! (The working ECV was great as well ~ LOL!)

We stopped to get a LRT for Pirates of the Caribbean (4:47pm @ 4:27pm), then crossed back to ride Haunted Mansion via the side entrance with one of the MEs we'd just received.

We went back to ride Pirates via the exit, and the CM had me take my ECV in with us (that was a first for me, as I usually just park it outside here and take my cane with me; good thing it wasn't crowded with ECVs and wheelchairs inside!).

We were getting hungry, so we went to Rancho del Zocalo around 5:30pm. I got the Red Chile Enchilada Platter (Three Cheese Enchiladas topped with Red Chile Sauce served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans), James got the child's Bean and Cheese Burrito, but without the cheese (served with Rice, Applesauce, Vegetables and a Small DASANI Water), and we shared a regular Coke Zero. I asked for the enchiladas on a separate plate, so James could eat the rice & beans.

We noticed that BTMR was down while we were eating, but came back up as we were finishing, so we took a chance and went to the exit to request a LRT; there was no one waiting, so they let us go right on in (Magic Moment!)!!!

We headed into Fantasyland & got a LRT for Peter Pan's Flight (6:39pm @ 6:09pm), and then went to Tomorrowland. I parked the ECV and we rode ST with the earlier RT via the elevator (old school elements again: Stormtroopers, Kashyyyk, Yoda, & Coruscant).

I got a RT for Buzz (6:47pm @ 6:12pm) after we had checked in to ST, and then we went back to Fantasyland after we were done.

I parked the ECV near the Carrousel and we rode Peter; afterwards we rode Toad via the exit (Cyril) before getting a LRT for Alice in Wonderland (7:12pm @ 6:52pm).

We knew that Toon Town was getting ready to close for an extended refurbishment starting the following week and we wanted to ride Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin one last time, so we headed over there. We used the second ME and rode in separate rows, since it's such a tight fit for one tall person as it is! It's EXTREMELY difficult for me to navigate the doorway to the car, so I've lost my interest in this attraction; however, it was nice to be one & done anyway.

We went back to ride Alice via the Transfer Access Vehicle at the exit around 7:20pm, and then went to ride Buzz; James beat me 527,000 to my 206,700 (we ride separately because he always shoots my targets and I don't know if it's him or me when it gets so loud in there!).

Right after we checked us in, I had made another RT for Buzz (8:13pm @ 7:38pm); then we went to Star Trader after we had ridden. There was a Star Wars shirt that James wanted, so we bought it. He also wanted to get the Magic Key logo embroidered on it, so he quickly headed down Main Street to the Disney Showcase to see if that could be done tonight.

I followed more slowly in the ECV and then Mickey's Mix Magic started at 8pm, so I found a place in the middle of the street near Town Square to watch it; I thought James would have seen me, but apparently not, as he called me while the show was still blaring around me to find me!

We found each other and swam upstream against the exiting guests to ride Buzz one more time with our RT: James again beat me 495,600 to my lousy 140,500!

Afterwards, we headed back towards the exit; James stopped to pick up his shirt...

...and then met up with me at the ECV rental place.

We arrived back at the room around 9pm and I worked on trip notes while we also watched "The Amazing Race"! I didn't note when we went to bed, but it was most likely after midnight.

Things we missed: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, Turtle Talk with Crush, WEB SLINGERS, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Space Mountain (me only; James hates it!), most of Fantasyland, except for Peter, Toad, & Alice, Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, & The Enchanted Tiki Room (me only).

Thoughts about the day:
    • It's nice to get those unexpected "Multiple Experiences" when you've been inconvenienced, especially when you aren't expecting them!
    • I was bummed to only get 2 rides on Guardians of the Galaxy today, but the queue was just too long when they only had 1 elevator working!!!
    • I really enjoy the music of Mickey's Mix Magic!
    Pam

Thursday, March 3, 2022 (67o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; meet up with cousin Debbie

Actual: My alarm went off at 6:30am & I was out the door about 7:20am; I was through security, rented my ECV, and was through the turnstiles into DL by 7:45am. I headed up Main Street and waited for rope drop outside The Plaza Inn. A few minutes later my cousin Debbie called to say that she had been turned away at the turnstile because her reservation was for DCA today ~ WHAT???? We had messaged back and forth the previous month when making our plans and she had confirmed that she had made it for Disneyland Park, not DCA!!!

We were both flabbergasted and not sure what to do, so she went over to DCA and to Guest Relations for assistance. In the end, she was told she should have asked for a Lead to fix the problem there at the DL turnstile, and so back she went, to stand in another line! She asked for a Lead who got her in the park and then she called me; I'd parked outside of Star Trader waiting to hear from her (I didn't want to bother her while she was trying to get help).

I talked her to me and soon we were hugging!

I added Debbie's key to my app and then we went to the Guest Relations kiosk to add her to my DAS; they gave us a RT for ST (8:44am @ 8:34am) since both Space & Rise were down.

Debbie usually comes to the park with one of her adult daughters, her son-in-law, and nearly 2-year-old grandson; therefore, she usually doesn't get to do much in the way of adult attractions. Our goal today was to do things she either had never done before (Star Wars rides) or in a long time (Space or ST)!

We rode ST via the elevator and got more old school elements again: Stormtroopers, Tatooine pod race, Princess Leia, & Coruscant.

I had tried to make a RT for us to do something after we had checked-in to ST; however, the app said that she wasn't in the park yet! Therefore, we went back over to the Guest Relations kiosk to fix the problem for us and then I made a RT for Rise (10:12am @ 9:07am) since that was now up.

Space had also just come up so we went to get a LRT; however, they were willing to get us right on without one along with the other few parties that were ahead of us so we waited to do so ~ whoo-hoo!!!

The ECV party in front of us also had a teenage boy sitting on the bench like Debbie & I were; when they got called up, the man in the ECV accidentally ran over the poor boy's toes! Oh, that had to hurt, and you could tell that it did based on the boy's expression; he refused any help but then we came across them on our way down the hallway to ride. I told the adults that he definitely should go to First Aid after the ride to get it checked out as his toes and/or foot could be broken! I hope they went.

After our ride in Space, we left Tomorrowland and found some geese near Snow White's Grotto!

We rode Toad via its exit and then continued on to the exit of BTMR, where I got a LRT (10:23am @ 10:03am).

We next rode Rise, which was a first for Debbie ~ she loved it!!!

Right after we had checked in to Rise, I was able to make a RT for Smuggler's Run (11:12am @ 10:12am), before we headed back to ride BTMR via the exit.

Back into Galaxy's Edge we went, so Debbie could experience SR for the first time; we were both engineers and were seated with a couple and their 2 kids. They let the young kids be the pilots, as you'd expect parents to do; however, this made for an extremely nauseating ride for the mother who was close to throwing up when we exited. I let the CM know that someone was sick as we left the pod ~ poor lady! This is probably the main reason James & I skip this on most of our trips ~ too much motion sickness possibility! Our best rides were last May when they weren't seating groups together, so it was just James & I "controlling" (pun intended) our own destiny! We've decided we'll just do this if we're with family or friends who want to do it.

We were hungry so I made a Mobile Order from the Little Red Wagon for 2 corn dog combos with potato chips, & a Coke Zero (me; Debbie had water that shed brought with her) around 11:50am, and we headed in that direction. Most of the seating behind the wagon was taken, but we grabbed a table as it opened up after a few minutes of us hovering nearby. 😊

We got our order and thoroughly enjoyed it, as Disneyland has WONDERFUL corn dogs and I don't get them every trip!

We discussed next steps, as I still hadn't heard from James, and Debbie was interested in riding the Disneyland Railroad, so we headed to the Tomorrowland station so I wouldn't have to climb all of those stairs they have at the Main Street Station. (Debbie's daughter, son-in-law, & grandson had arrived a couple of hours ago and had gone to DCA as their starting park; since it wasn't yet 1pm, none of us could park-hop to meet up.)

We used the accessibility access at the far left to board the train & James called me a little bit later as he was leaving the room; we arranged to meet up in Tomorrowland, since it takes about 30mins to do a full-circle tour of the park.

As soon as I saw that James was in the park, I made a RT for Buzz for the two of us (1:58pm @ 1:23pm), since Debbie was going to park-hop to meet up with her family before heading home. We hugged goodbye, with plans to meet up at DCA to ride some adult rides together there when we return in May!

James was hungry and we still had time to kill before our RT was ready at Buzz, so I made a Mobile Order from the Galactic Grill for the Chopped Salad (Mixed Lettuce with Grilled Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion, Red Pepper, and Feta Cheese served with Roasted Pepper-Ranch Dressing), a side of French Fries, a Nestl Mickey's Ice Cream Sandwich, and a Large Coke Zero.

James went to pick up the order while I used the restroom, then we met back up at the restaurant and found a table. He ate most of the salad, skipping the cheese, and shared the fries with me; I'd gotten the Ice Cream Sandwich, which I hadn't had in a long time ~ so yummy!!!

When we were done, we were able to ride Buzz; however, I first immediately made another RT for Rise after we had checked in to Buzz (3:32pm @ 2:12pm)!

James had another great ride on Buzz ~ this time he scored 1,176,500, which was #3 at the time! I only scored 409,000, which was very good for me; ride stoppages in the right places are how we can do this well!

We said goodbye to Buzz and went to Fantasyland, where I tried to get a LRT for Snow White but it kept coming up as "Rider Switch" instead (2:46pm @ 2:31pm, then 2:48pm @ 2:33pm, then 2:50pm @ 2:35pm)! The CM told me just to leave it and they would still let us in; they also suggested I get a LRT elsewhere since Snow was still listed as a Rider Switch! Gee, if you insist ~ we walked across the way and got a LRT for Peter (3:06pm @ 2:36pm)!

We then rode Toad via the exit, before riding Snow via their Transfer Access Vehicle through their exit; we also went next door to ride Pinocchio via their TAV through their exit as well.

While waiting to ride Peter, I checked our boarding pass positions for our flight tomorrow ~ A47 & A48, which was a little higher than I like (especially since we pay extra for Early-Bird boarding!).

We rode Peter and then we rode the Casey Jr. Circus Train via their exit since we hadn't done that in a while.

It was finally time to ride Rise, so we went over there to do so ~ never a disappointment! Right after we checked in, I got a RT for Jungle Cruise (4:16pm @ 3:46pm), which we did after we were done on Rise.

Since we hadn't park hopped yet, we stopped at a Guest Relations kiosk to get a RT for TSMM (5:39pm @ 4:49pm) and then headed over to DCA.

To be continued...
    Pam

Thursday, March 3, 2022 (67o) ~ Part II
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; meet up with cousin Debbie

We headed into Cars Land so James could ride Radiator Springs Racers via the single rider queue, but it was down, so we went to the Pacific Wharf seating area instead. We had read a day or two ago that the Pacific Wharf Cafe was going to have chili in a sourdough bread bowl as part of the Food & Wine Festival, so I did a Mobile Order for James (Hearty Chili in a Sourdough Bread Bowl = a rich blend of Beef, Beans and Tomatoes simmered with Spices).

We found seats and James went to pick up his chili; he had always been a huge fan of the "Vallejo Vegetarian Chili" they used to have here ~ this wasn't the same, but he enjoyed it anyway!

I perused the F&W offerings online and decided to get the French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider (Grilled Beef Tenderloin topped with a Gruyere Cheese Sauce and Grilled Caramelized Onions, served on an Onion Roll) from the Cluck-a-Doodle-Moo kiosk. I headed over to get it and then brought it back to where James was still working on his chili ~ OMG, this was DELICIOUS!!! I definitely would have gotten it again, had we been here another day.

When we were done eating, we went to ride TSMM ~ James beat me again (as usual) 208,100 to my 162,700!

After checking in to TSMM, I got a RT for WEB SLINGERS (7:16pm @ 5:46pm); after TSMM, James went to the Golden Dreams kiosk to try the Honey-Orange-glazed Verlasso Salmon Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette. (I didn't get a photo as I'd gone to the restroom.) He liked it okay, but thought the seasoning was a bit strong.

We next stopped at the Grizzly Peak Churro cart near the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail so I could try their Maple Bacon Churro (Cinnamon sugar, maple icing, and crumbled bacon) ~ this was another WINNER!!!

James then went into the Grand California Hotel shops to check for Juanita's mini backpack (no luck); I couldn't take my ECV and wasn't up to the standing/walking, so I waited for him. When we met back up, I started looking for the Disney tortoiseshell kitty on the backside of Grizzly River Run; we were able to find her & I took a photo, although it was pretty dark and hard to get a good one.

We kept going on into Hollywood Land and caught Turtle Talk with Crush at 7pm, which is always entertaining!

It was finally time for WEB, so we cut through Hollywood Land over into the Avengers Campus; we checked in, got into the long queue, and I got our last RT for this trip = Soarin' (8:02pm @ 7:32pm)!

We had another fun ride on WEB, scoring 688,600 as a team with a mother and her child.

I wanted to try the Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Mousse topped with Chocolate-Hazelnut Glaze and Gold Leaf from the Uncork California kiosk, so we went there next. The mousse was pretty good as well!

We went to ride Soarin' around 8:15pm before calling it a successful trip. I returned the ECV and we walked back to the room, arriving around 9pm. We started our pre-packing while watching some TV; I also worked on my trip notes before we both went to bed.

Things we missed: We were able to hit almost everything on our must-do list we wanted to today, except for Guardians of the Galaxy (me only) & Radiator Springs Racers. Other attractions we would have liked to do but missed included Alice in Wonderland, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, & Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Thoughts about the day:
    • I had a wonderful time riding attractions with cousin Debbie!
    • James was very happy to get that high score on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!

Friday, March 4, 2022 (64o)
    Plan: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Actual: We had an earlier flight home than usual, so we were both up by 9am, finished our packing, and checked out around 10:40am.

I requested a Lyft ride and John picked us up around 10:45am; he had us at the airport just after 11am.

I printed off our boarding passes (A47 & 48) and checked in our big bag; we had no lines either here or at the TSA Pre-check, and were soon done with both.

We found a booth at Carl's Jr. and I went to order our lunch around 11:30am: cheese quesadilla with no pico de gallo for me, a bean/rice burrito without cheese for James, and a large Diet Dr. Pepper for us to share; the ordering went okay, although the payment part didn't! I wanted to pay using gift cards that I had purchased at a discount from Sam's Club: $0.11, which had been used the previous trip, $10 & $10. Supposedly they have a new system and it wouldn't scan the cards, so the cashier had to enter the cards manually. However, she was having all sorts of problems, kept asking for help from the lead who was busy trying to fill orders during the busy lunch hour, and then told me I owed $2.12 in tax! Now if all 3 cards had been applied correctly, I should have had a balance on the last card of $4.52; I should NOT have to make a separate payment for the tax!!! I pull out my credit card to pay for this alleged "tax" and was charged the FULL amount!!! Oh, I am so ticked by now & I showed them the receipt; the lead told me to report it to corporate ~ what horrible customer service! I figured things were going to go wrong, but not this wrong!

I had also asked for light ice in my drink, and it was almost COMPLETELY FULL OF ICE!!! Oh man, it was all I could do to stay calm after that, but I didn't mention it.

Then when the lead called my name to pick up the food and saw it was me, her look made a shiver run down my spine! I thanked her anyway, and she completely ignored me.

(I did later report this to Corporate and was contacted by their District Manager, who apologized and also reconfirmed that they had a new system they were getting used to. I don't have any issues with people learning new systems; it's the rudeness that I have a problem with.)

After we finished eating, we headed down to our gate and waited to board our flight. We departed a little late, enjoyed Diet Coke (me) and OJ (James) with our snack mix, and landed about 30mins late around 3pm. We collected our luggage and luckily caught a waiting bus to the Economy lot!

We paid for parking and drove down to an In-N-Out Burger on the south side of Sacramento, closer to our home, rather than the one on the north side of town. We had our usual burgers and shared an order of fries & a small Diet Coke, before arriving home around 4:40pm (hello Sidney!!!).

Thoughts about the day:
    • It was nice to get home a little earlier than usual and avoid the normal Friday afternoon commute crowd!
    • The gift card fiasco at Carl's Jr.; luckily the food was good!

Up Next: Our next trip is scheduled for May 10 - 14; hopefully we'll see some of the returning nighttime entertainment!

Summary & Final Thoughts: We are enjoying these Magic Keys!

Highlights include:
    • Spending time with my cousin Debbie, once she was able to get into the right park! 😊
    • Riding our favorite attractions multiple times: Space Mountain & Guardians of the Galaxy for me and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for James!
    • Riding Rise of the Resistance together all three days!
    • Seeing CM Maynard again, especially since he has since retired!
    • James getting fantastic scores a couple of times on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!
    • "Multiple Experiences"!
    • This one is a repeat, but is worth repeating: getting the DAS; this medication I take makes me miserable (I overheat so easily) and the combination of the DAS with the cane, ECV, & cooling towel helped get me through it!

Lowlights include:
    • Missing the Disneyland Monorail and the Sailing Ship Columbia (both closed for refurbishment), as well as Blue Bayou and the live entertainment (Fantasmic!, World of Color, fireworks, & parades).
    • The unpredictable ECV on our second day!
    • The borderline TOO HOT weather for me during the first half of the trip!

Until next time!
    Pam

SMF: Expect those delays for the shuttle from long term parking. We waited at least that long in December. Whistler and I were way early and it was fine but the couple standing with us were about to miss their flight. We had 4 or 5 buses go by. And they had to check bags. January we left a bit of extra time too, still had a wait for a bus. We've not had the same experience with return. As long as there is room on the bus we've gotten right on.

ECV: Deckert's Medical Supply (714) 542-5607 Save money. Use it between the hotel and park, save your knees. I believe it was Mal who said once in several years of using them did she have an issue and they delivered her a new one in Tomorrowland, if I remember correctly. MammaSilva used them for years as well. Call and ask your hotel, most have a place they will store it for you and charge it overnight. Cousin has a reservation for later this month, she is paying $128 for 3 and a half days.

DAS: question for you or anyone who knows, cousin says she can apply online for one for her daughter. I've never heard this before, we've always had to take care of it at the park. She read it somewhere online. Good to know it's only on the pass for 60 days at a time. I'll let friend know. She is used to her son's being good for longer.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Whistler and I have gotten so we only use Long Beach airport. It's so easy to use. We've found Lyft is sometimes cheaper than Uber, and then sometimes Uber is cheaper.

3 week countdown for us.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    SMF: Expect those delays for the shuttle from long term parking. We waited at least that long in December. Whistler and I were way early and it was fine but the couple standing with us were about to miss their flight. We had 4 or 5 buses go by. And they had to check bags. January we left a bit of extra time too, still had a wait for a bus. We've not had the same experience with return. As long as there is room on the bus we've gotten right on.
    Good to know! We luckily had not had any problems getting picked up in the lot on the previous trips.

ECV: Deckert's Medical Supply (714) 542-5607 Save money. Use it between the hotel and park, save your knees. I believe it was Mal who said once in several years of using them did she have an issue and they delivered her a new one in Tomorrowland, if I remember correctly. MammaSilva used them for years as well. Call and ask your hotel, most have a place they will store it for you and charge it overnight. Cousin has a reservation for later this month, she is paying $128 for 3 and a half days.
    Actually, since we stay at the Camelot and they have a rental place onsite, the other places won't deliver there; I haven't used them only because I didn't want to mess with getting one in & out of the room and charging it, but it would be way cheaper than DL too (3 days = $149 & 4 days = $165), so I may use them next month to save myself the first day!

DAS: question for you or anyone who knows, cousin says she can apply online for one for her daughter. I've never heard this before, we've always had to take care of it at the park. She read it somewhere online. Good to know it's only on the pass for 60 days at a time. I'll let friend know. She is used to her son's being good for longer.
    That is a new thing you can supposedly do via FaceTime or something like that; you can get pre-approved 2-30 days before your visit.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Whistler and I have gotten so we only use Long Beach airport. It's so easy to use. We've found Lyft is sometimes cheaper than Uber, and then sometimes Uber is cheaper.
    I didn't realize that Southwest flies through Long Beach from Sacramento now! There's more flights to Orange County, but the Long Beach ones are a bit cheaper and only 4 miles farther from DL. Do you find Lyft/Uber to be easily available at the airport or do you usually have to wait?

3 week countdown for us.
    Have fun!
    Pam

We've waited 10 minutes tops, there are benches on the island where you are supposed to wait for your Uber or Lyft. On and off the plane is a switchback ramp but the whole airport is so small to make up for it. You walk farther to the tram in Sacramento.

Always look forward to your trip reports! I only get to visit once a year at MOST, so getting to read your far-more-frequent reports helps get me through!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

We've waited 10 minutes tops, there are benches on the island where you are supposed to wait for your Uber or Lyft. On and off the plane is a switchback ramp but the whole airport is so small to make up for it. You walk farther to the tram in Sacramento.
    OK - thanks for the info!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    Always look forward to your trip reports! I only get to visit once a year at MOST, so getting to read your far-more-frequent reports helps get me through!
    Thank you for the kind words!
    Pam

I was so excited to see you latest post. I almost laughed out loud at your comment about how dark it is in Haunted Mansion. I have the same problem because I had cataract surgery years ago and the doctor used transitional lenses. So going from bright light to dark I have to let my eyes adjust. Sometimes I grab the back of the shirt of someone I am with and follow them. I have the same problem at Epcot with the Nemo ride because the queue is really dark.

I really love reading about all the stuff you get done then you posted what you missed and I couldnt believe it. I love the shirt James got. Hope you enjoy your next trip. We go to Disney world in July. I am going to have to be satisfied with a one night stay in new York and going to the disney store in Times Square until July comes

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    I was so excited to see you latest post. I almost laughed out loud at your comment about how dark it is in Haunted Mansion. I have the same problem because I had cataract surgery years ago and the doctor used transitional lenses. So going from bright light to dark I have to let my eyes adjust. Sometimes I grab the back of the shirt of someone I am with and follow them. I have the same problem at Epcot with the Nemo ride because the queue is really dark.

I really love reading about all the stuff you get done then you posted what you missed and I couldn’t believe it. I love the shirt James got. Hope you enjoy your next trip. We go to Disney world in July. I am going to have to be satisfied with a one night stay in new York and going to the disney store in Times Square until July comes
    Thanks as always, Sue! Now that you mention it, that Nemo queue is quite dark as well...I think I was in the ECV, so instead of hanging on to James I was banging the ECV into everything during the tight turns in the queue...LOL!!!

Enjoy your trip to WDW in July...try to stay cool & hydrated for that one!!!
    Pam