Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Today I Wish...

Today I Wish...

We were settling down at a Villa at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly with the extended family after a long day of park hopping...

Electric water pageant with a beverage is always a nice way to shut er down...

Joey

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    We were settling down at a Villa at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly with the extended family after a long day of park hopping...

Electric water pageant with a beverage is always a nice way to shut er down...
    Agreed. But it's always better to NOT get drenched by the geyser...

Today...i wish I was doing some eating and drinking around the world during flower and garden.

...Dinner at Space 220 with some of our MP friends, toasting to every little return to 'normalcy' capped off with Test Track and Fireworks by R&C with runners for Guinness refills as needed...

Joey

...Dinner at Space 220 with some of our MP friends, toasting to every little return to 'normalcy' capped off with Test Track and Fireworks by R&C with runners for Guinness refills as needed...
    We can pretend TT isn't over $4/ga...but with climbing tickets and such we all know that's a lie. Lol
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Today...i wish I was doing some eating and drinking around the world during flower and garden.
    I'm with you on that one. I saw some video that showed some lighting effects they added to some of the Topiaries at night, they looked like a nice little "plussing".

Also, welcome back Garden Rocks concerts!
    -Dave

...wondering through Batuu after dark, enjoying how well the ambiance let's you forget you're even at the studios, and rather on an actual far away planet. It's always nice to have a late reservation at Oga's and stroll around afterwards before they chase you out.

Some of the best was our trip with EEMH...walking into GE around 0600 and seeing the Falcon and lighting in the dark, and then back there that night seeing it after sunset. Sounds funny, but it still seemed so different...partly with the moon lighting being on opposite sides of pictures.

Joey

...wondering through Batuu after dark, enjoying how well the ambiance let's you forget you're even at the studios, and rather on an actual far away planet. It's always nice to have a late reservation at Oga's and stroll around afterwards before they chase you out.

Some of the best was our trip with EEMH...walking into GE around 0600 and seeing the Falcon and lighting in the dark, and then back there that night seeing it after sunset. Sounds funny, but it still seemed so different...partly with the moon lighting being on opposite sides of pictures.
    Haha, I still use one of my pics from that trip as my virtual background for MS Teams meetings.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Wandering through the Kilimanjaro Safaris on the Wild Africa Trek tour. Followed by at least a few of the DAK classic attractions, lest say Everest and Dinosaur, then maybe dinner over at the lodge at either Sanaa or Jiko.

-Dave

...Flying to MCO on British Airways WITHOUT MASKS!...till others follow on, checking in at POFQ greeted with beads and a cold water, room near the boat launch and a decent beer by the hot tub before a full quadruple park hopping day ahead ... quintuple if we make it to Jocks for a drink and see wings...

Joey

Hitting all the attractions in Liberty Square and Frontierland. HM, Riverboat, Splash, topped off with The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness ! Maybe lunch at Columbia Harbour House, then skip over to Adventureland to see some Skippers and some Pirates.

-Dave

...riding Flight of Passage followed by a Night Blossom and some Cheeseburger Steamed Pods while strolling through Pandora at night.

Wandering around Epcot for F&G Topiaries, and then making an effort to check out some of the things I haven't seen in a while. Thinking of the waterfall area in the back of Canada, it may have had the scaffolding up when I was last there.

Then if it's after 2 PM , maybe take a ride on the Skyliner over to DHS. If it's not yet 2PM, maybe add a side trip to take the Skyliner over to Pop/AoA and back since I've never ridden that line to check out the views.

-Dave

...Starting the morning at AK riding Flight of Passage, followed by a morning ride on the safari.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    ...Starting the morning at AK riding Flight of Passage, followed by a morning ride on the safari.
    Not a bad idea! We've had some of our best safaris in the evenings, actually seeing the lions being active, etc.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

...having breakfast at Boma before hanging out at the pool and relaxing at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Today I wish I was headed in to the Coral Reef, hungry and ready to enjoy my first ADR for my 9/29 trip to the World!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Today I wish I was sampling the F&W booths followed by a relaxing round or 2 of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens/Fairways.

-Dave

Today I wish annual passes would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Today I wish annual passes would come back.
    Well, since we are wishing for those types of returns to "normal" .... Today I wish Park Reservations were gone and both hopper tickets and annual passes could go from park to park at any time on a valid entry day (basically what is being paid for with a hopper or a pass, since the price certainly never went down with the restrictions). I'd start to get excited to go back for a visit with just those 2, I'd be OK with using regular hoppers for admission for a few trips.

More importantly, looking a few posts up, I see Dan was likely visiting WDW for his trip during Hurricane Ian last week (unless he noticed it coming and decided to cancel before flying to MCO). I hope he stayed safe if he went through with his trip and was there when it came through.
    -Dave

I did indeed reschedule this trip to to following week. Of course, that screwed up dining rez's, and many thousands of folks did exactly what I did, making the parks really crowded. Weather was nice, and I somehow still managed to have a great time.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I did indeed reschedule this trip to to following week. Of course, that screwed up dining rez's, and many thousands of folks did exactly what I did, making the parks really crowded. Weather was nice, and I somehow still managed to have a great time.
    Cool! Glad to hear it was still a good time when you rescheduled.

A slightly less than optimal vacation is still better than a good day at work, right?
    -Dave