Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland After Hours parties...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland After Hours parties...

Im curious if anyone on the board (how many of us now are left to comment?) attended or plan to attend Sweethearts night at Disneyland. I ask because there's some debate as to whether the park was VERY full and it was not necessarily a limited capacity event but almost like a regular day. I saw one pic from the castle where there was a huge shoulder-to-shoulder crowd from before the Walt statue forward. But - someone comments on that shot that from Coke Corner down to Town Square it was empty. Then, in a video, I noted that Cafe Orleans was packed. I know they had a special meal and I guess thats what folks would go for - but there was also plenty of traffic in front of the restaurant. All of the photo opp lines they showed (they only caught 3 lines out of the 6 they showed) were very well packed. It seems like it was Merriest nights all over again - pick and choose two or three things to do because your time will go so fast. frankly its difficult to judge based on a few data points without context - but it would be interesting to know.

I'm attending the first night of Star Wars nights so at least I can provide some feedback on that in May. I hope they release the food and photo opp info sooner than they did for the Sweethearts. In fact - Disney never really released it. I kept seeing posts in social media from all the usual places.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

No appeal for us to do these things. It seemed like it was all about photo ops and a few special meals/treats tossed out there for them. I haven't looked at anything for this but as we have recently discussed in the Lunar New Year thread, the vloggers are sure trying to make it look great...At least this is how it came across from a post on another board where someone made it sound like the feedback from the first night was all positive that they were reading Which of course some of that was vloggers. I rather hear experiences and see the pictures of those there being honest with the good and bad of things. Yikes on the shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. That is not where I would want to be at all.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We are attending Villains night on the 8th since we had tickets for the canceled one in 2020. Looking forward to our first return trip since Halloween party on Halloween night in 2019.

I am going to the Star Wars Nite on May 27 during SW Celebration at the convention center so Im looking forward to seeing reports from the May 3&4 parties. We thought about Villains Night but at DCA I was concerned about it being too much like Oogie Boogie Bash minus Halloweentime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    I am going to the Star Wars Nite on May 27 during SW Celebration at the convention center so I’m looking forward to seeing reports from the May 3&4 parties. We thought about Villains Night but at DCA I was concerned about it being too much like Oogie Boogie Bash minus Halloweentime.
    when I go on the 3rd I will try to post some information afterward but I dont want to spoil too much. I wonder if some things will be new or unique on the 27th because of SW Celebration. Maybe not - but possible. There will be plenty of videos, IG posts, etc. with what merch, food, and photo ops are (including pix of maps) so what I may post would just be my personal experience. Im going solo so it may be a lot more analytical than most.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Can you add genie+ to a party ticket? It hadn't launched during Oogie Boogie Bash but I recall fastpass used to turn off at party time.

Can you add genie+ to a party ticket? It hadn't launched during Oogie Boogie Bash but I recall fastpass used to turn off at party time.
    No you won't be able to add it since it will be like FP had been and not available during the parties.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I expected that but I was wondering about during the mix in time before the party. I wasnt planning to try myself but had someone else ask about it and got curious.

I expected that but I was wondering about during the mix in time before the party. I wasn’t planning to try myself but had someone else ask about it and got curious.
    I would guess not since they are in there on a party ticket but they can always try if they want to.

And here we go with another After Hours..Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion Mind you I didn't have a grad nite. My school decided that year to drop doing Disneyland and tried to push us to Universal Studios but that didn't sell so it was canceled. Yet with all that in mind, this is another not my cup of tea things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    And here we go with another After Hours..Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion Mind you I didn't have a grad nite. My school decided that year to drop doing Disneyland and tried to push us to Universal Studios but that didn't sell so it was canceled. Yet with all that in mind, this is another not my cup of tea things.
    i saw this. I have slight interest but not at DCA. My grad night, and the one I chaperoned once, were at Disneyland so "memories" are from there. and $150? wow. that may mean that the Christmas private parties this year will be closer to $200 - for not a full day in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i saw this. I have slight interest but not at DCA. My grad night, and the one I chaperoned once, were at Disneyland so "memories" are from there. and $150? wow. that may mean that the Christmas private parties this year will be closer to $200 - for not a full day in the park.
    My oldest didn't care to go to his and my other son didn't get to have one because of COVID. I have no clue if my daughter will care or not when its here time in a couple years. My 9th grade class did have an end of year day at Disneyland though and that was fun.

I'm not a fan of all these parties. Its overkill but I know that as long as Disney sells them out they will keep doing it and find new themes to create more.

I did Grad night at Disneyland but have no interest in paying that much to re-live the event. And (especially) since DCA hadn't been built yet, I suppose they could bring out some of the old signs and I can pretend it's still a parking lot?

I get why this is just a general nostalgia for high school event, but I feel like it would have more appeal if they broke it down by decades. But then, just call it a 70s, 80s, 90s, etc event?

To truly create a grad-night reunion, at least for the period I went, they would need to (1) require all guests to arrive/depart via mass transit (or I suppose a compromise could be lyft/uber, (2) implement and enforce a dress code requiring everyone to dress up, and (3) drug search everyone before entering (although there's an argument that they do this now for all guests). Plus not let you leave early once you enter.

Our 8th graders do a weekend trip to Disneyland in May. But it's just a mix-in event, with group discounted tickets and chartered busses (and chaperones), but it's not a private party or even group education event.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I did Grad night at Disneyland but have no interest in paying that much to re-live the event. And (especially) since DCA hadn't been built yet, I suppose they could bring out some of the old signs and I can pretend it's still a parking lot?

I get why this is just a general nostalgia for high school event, but I feel like it would have more appeal if they broke it down by decades. But then, just call it a 70s, 80s, 90s, etc event?

To truly create a grad-night reunion, at least for the period I went, they would need to (1) require all guests to arrive/depart via mass transit (or I suppose a compromise could be lyft/uber, (2) implement and enforce a dress code requiring everyone to dress up, and (3) drug search everyone before entering (although there's an argument that they do this now for all guests). Plus not let you leave early once you enter.

Our 8th graders do a weekend trip to Disneyland in May. But it's just a mix-in event, with group discounted tickets and chartered busses (and chaperones), but it's not a private party or even group education event.
    Oh to add to your list there, they shouldn't sell alcohol during the event to make it grad nite like. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post

funny - especially the dress code. Somewhere is a picture of me and Goofy and Im wearing a light blue leisure suit.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    funny - especially the dress code. Somewhere is a picture of me and Goofy and Im wearing a light blue leisure suit.
    Yup! I've pretty much always been a jeans and sweatshirt person but I too have a photo with Goofy showing I can comply with dress codes when required.

I want a No Kids in the Park Nite. Itll be a party for only those that are 21 and older.

Quote Originally Posted by indiejones View Post
    I want a No Kids in the Park Nite. Itll be a party for only those that are 21 and older.
    How about just no to that. IMO there will never be a good enough reason for that to happen in Disneyland and wouldn't feel right either to do so. Besides seeing as some can't even dress or behave like adults when going into the parks on a regular day, I can't even imagine how horrible something like this would end up being.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones View Post
    I want a “No Kids in the Park Nite.” It’ll be a party for only those that are 21 and older.
    maybe possibly DCA - but the tickets would start at $200 for the added security to prevent a rave from starting up or disorderly guests.