Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pammer ~ November 15 - 19, 2021 ~ Offsite

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Pammer ~ November 15 - 19, 2021 ~ Offsite

With us due to depart on our next trip in less than a week, I needed to get the last report posted! I hope you enjoy reading it.

Travel dates: November 15 - 19, 2021
    Travel method: Southwest
    Resort: Camelot Inn (Off-site)
    Accommodations: Standard
    Ages Represented in Group: Adult
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Veteran
    Comments: An early birthday trip for me!
    Cast of characters:

• Pam, 60: trip planner/writer/self-proclaimed Disney Queen!
    • James, 61: Pam's hubby who likes Disneyland but is not as fanatic as Pam!

The Planning

We had just returned from the Disneyland Resort in mid-May, which meant it was time to plan another trip! We picked November 15th – 19th, which will let us avoid the Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas crowds while still being able to see the Christmas decor. It's also a couple of weeks before my birthday, so we'll celebrate that as well!

Lodging: I booked a One-Bedroom Family Suite in June at the Camelot Inn on Harbor Blvd.

Airfare: I originally booked airfare on Southwest Airlines as usual with points back in June, and subsequently rebooked several times as the fares went down; by the time we left, the total equivalent cost of points, plus the total TSA fees & Early-Bird options, came to $368 total for both of us.

Ground Transportation: We will park our car at the Sacramento airport and use Lyft between SNA & Anaheim.

Tickets: I purchased 2 3-day Adult Park Hopper tickets from the Undercover Tourist website in June (Mousesavers.com link; $678.68, a $50 discount!). Later, I had hoped to apply them to the Enchant Magic Key passes when they came out, but you can't do that either on the app or the website if wholly unused, so we will upgrade at the ticket booths at some point in our trip, depending upon reservation availability.

Theme Park Reservations: Once the tickets had been purchased and linked to my DL account, I was able to make all 3 reservations as I wanted to at the 120-day mark:

• November 16: Start at Disneyland Park
    • November 17: Start at Disney California Adventure
    • November 18: Start at Disneyland Park

Priority Seating: Dining reservations at some of the more popular restaurants are very elusive, but I finally got a lunch reservation at the Blue Bayou! I also made one at the Lamplight Lounge, but I'm not sure if we will keep that one yet), and the week before I scored a Christmas Fantasy Parade Dining Package at the Plaza Inn for me (James didn't want one, as he can stand wherever he wants to); the rest will probably be counter-service:

• November 16: Blue Bayou @ 12:20pm
    • November 17: Lamplight Lounge @ 12:45pm
    • November 18: Plaza Inn Dining Package @ 3:10pm

The Itinerary

Here was the result of my pre-planning:

• November 15: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn
    • November 16: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Blue Bayou
    • November 17: DCA/Disneyland; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge
    • November 18: Disneyland/DCA; late lunch dining package @ the Plaza Inn
    • November 19: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Sunday, November 14, 2021 (1 day before departure)

Actual: I spent the day doing laundry & then we started packing, plus last-minute house-cleaning & lawn-mowing. I dropped off our house key with our neighbor who was going to cat-sit for us, went to Subway to get James his veggie foot-long sandwich for tomorrow, and then printed off our boarding passes around 5pm (A40 & A41).

I went to bed around midnight & James went to bed around 3am.

Monday, November 15, 2021 (83o)
    Plan: Fly down in the afternoon; check-in to the Camelot Inn

Actual: I got up around 9am and James was up by noon; we finished up our last-minute chores and left for the airport around 2:20pm. We arrived just before 3pm, found a parking spot in the Economy Lot, and were picked up within 10mins. We had a very nice & helpful driver to the terminal; I checked our big suitcase in (38.5#) and we had short lines for both check-in & TSA Pre-check.

I went to fill up our reusable water bottle while James started eating his Subway sandwich; I'd purchased a couple of pepperoni pizza Lunchables at Dollar Tree yesterday and ate them at the same time. After we finished eating, we went down to our gate to wait for our plane to arrive. It was running several minutes late, so we ending up taking off about 30mins late at 5:15pm; we were able to sit together in the extra-wide exit row, so that was nice!

The drink offerings were still slim, but slightly better than we had in May; I again had Diet Coke and James had OJ, plus they gave us each a bag of their very yummy snack mix!

We landed about 25mins late (6:40pm); we collected our suitcase, and requested a Lyft ride to our motel in Anaheim. We had a great driver, Caye, who didn't use the carpool lane, but had us at the Camelot Inn by 7:45pm (I noticed the fares ran about $10 more each way this time than in May!). I checked us in & we took our stuff up to Room 505 (top floor & near the front of the resort, as I had requested).

After locking our valuables in the safe, we headed down Harbor to Pizza Press; I stopped there to get our dinner and James kept on down the street. He checked out Walgreen's and then went to CVS (2 gallons of water, 2 sandwiches, and some OJ), before meeting back up with me at Pizza Press.

In the meantime, I ordered 2 Publish Your Own pizzas for James (mostly veggie plus chicken), a Cheese pizza for me, and a Coke Zero to share after a short wait.

James arrived about the same time the food was ready, so we ate about half and then took everything back up to our room. We even got to see some of the fireworks at 9pm on our way back!

We spent the evening getting unpacked and watching a little TV; I was in bed around 11:45pm (after setting TWO alarms!) and James followed around 2am.

Thoughts about the day:
    • We’re back!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 (68o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Blue Bayou

Actual: My first alarm went off at 6:40am & I was ready to try for a boarding group in the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance in the minutes before 7am! BAM ~ I got BG 38 with an ETA of 195 mins (or 10:05am)!!! That's the lowest number I've ever gotten, and I was really excited, although I didn't know how things would go since James wasn't due to join me until just before noon.

I had a slice of leftover pizza for breakfast, got ready, left a note for James of our BG status, and was out the door around 7:35am. Security had short lines, but I was through and renting my ECV by 7:50am.

I was through the turnstiles into Disneyland Park just before 8am and stopped to mail a couple of Thanksgiving cards for my brother and aunt that I had brought with me at a mailbox on Main Street. I then headed into Tomorrowland.

I parked my ECV across from Star Traders, collected my cane, and headed over to the Guest Relations kiosk outside Star Wars Launch Bay. I spoke with CM Taylor to get a DAS assigned to my ticket, received a return time for Star Tours - The Adventures Continue (8:18am @ 8:13am), and then headed up the exit to Space Mountain. The ride was temporarily down, so the CM gave me a local return time (8:30am @ 8:20am) and I went to ride Star Tours (newest scenes with Stormtroopers, Kef Bir, Lando, & Exegol) via their elevator.

I next went across the walkway to ride Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (206,500 = #24)...

...and then went back to the Info Kiosk to get a return time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (9:07am @ 9:02am) since Space was still down.

I collected my ECV and parked it in Fantasyland next to King Arthur Carrousel, before going to the accessible entrance to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Mr. Toad). I then went across the way to ride Snow White's Enchanted Wish via their Transfer Vehicle at the exit.

I checked my phone and saw that our BG for Rise had been called at 9:22am ~ EEK! I collected the ECV and headed to the Info Kiosk on Big Thunder Trail to check on my options (we had been informed on our last trip that Guest Relations can manipulate your BG if you do it once it has been called and before it expires); the CM changed us to BG 75, which I still thought might be a conflict!

I rode BTMR at 9:40am via the exit and then headed over to get a return time for Haunted Mansion Holiday around 10am. The CM put me right through (Magic Moment!) with no wait; however, the ride went down while I was in the foyer, so I went back out the side where I had come in.

I checked the app and saw that Space was back up, so I got the ECV and slowly headed over there, parking the ECV outside Star Traders. I checked in and then got another return time (10:25am @ 10:15am), before going down the accessible hallway to ride. The first ride had no audio, which really gives you an eerie experience! Usually, they will let you stay on for a re-ride when this happens, but they made us all get off and go back up the ramp.

I reported the audio problem to the CM at the accessible entrance, and then they sent me back down for a second ride (with audio this time!). They let me stay on for a third ride since they weren't full for accessible, and James called while I was sitting in the rocket waiting to ride; I told him where the ECV was and that I'd be off of Space shortly. Afterwards I exited since three times in a row is about all my body can take these days!

I went back to my ECV & found James sitting on it; I checked my phone and saw that the new BG had been called at 11:22am, so we went to ride Rise around 11:35am (fantastic as always!).

We collected the ECV (I have found it to be MUCH easier to not use it to navigate the queues if the accessible waits are short enough, and just rely on my cane instead) and headed over to Blue Bayou for our lunch reservation. James went ahead to the podium while I parked and then we checked in around 12:15pm; I requested a waterside table and they went to check on the wait for one. The CM came back and warned that it could be a 30min wait for one, and we agreed since James really wanted it. We took a seat inside and imagine our surprise when they called us a few minutes later and sat us waterside!!!

Our server Mei came by for our drink orders (Diet Coke for me and a Mint Julep for James) and then took our food orders: Petite Filet and Cold-Water Lobster Tail with Country Mashed Potatoes for me...

...and Citrus Chicken with Spanish-style Marinade, Jasmine Rice, & Wilted Greens for James.

It's very disappointing that they have discontinued their bread service here, but it was very filling & lots of extra calories, albeit yummy!

With no bread, we had room for dessert, so I ordered the Cookie Butter Creme Brulee with Cookie Crumbles and Chocolate Brownie for us to share ~ it was delicious!!!

We settled the bill and went to the Info Kiosk by HMH around 1:30pm to add James' ticket to my DAS, before getting a return time for Buzz (1:36pm @ 1:31pm).

...to be continued
    Last edited by Pammer; 01-04-2022 at 01:01 PM.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 ~ Part II
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; lunch @ the Blue Bayou

We detoured over to Peter Pan's Flight for a local return time (2:10pm @ 1:40pm), and then rode Toad & Snow White via their respective accessible entrances.

We went around the corner to ride Pinocchio's Daring Journey via the accessible entrance at the exit, but it went down before we could ride so we went to ride Buzz (my photo had no score, but James got 302,100, which is very low for him!).

We next rode the Disneyland Monorail (Blue) via the elevator; it was a very nice ride and we stayed on for the round-trip. We both were getting tired by now, but we stopped to do the modified Chase Disney Visa Star Wars Magic Shot (no wait) next to the closed Star Wars Launch Bay, where you currently don't get to see a live character. We took a few photos together and there were two where they will later insert a character; we got a kick out of the Stormtroopers one where they had us looking too high above their heads!

Afterwards we rode Peter Pan via the exit and then headed back to the room for a break around 3:30pm (I left the ECV with the rental place while we were gone).

Around 5:30pm, I did a mobile order in the app with Award Wieners for a beef hot dog, fries, & large Diet Coke (pickup = now-6:10pm), and we headed out the door. Tonight was a Merriest Nites Christmas Party at Disneyland Park, but fortunately the security lines were manageable. I collected my ECV and we headed into Disney California Adventure for the first time this trip.

I stopped at the Info Kiosk to get a return time for Radiator Springs Racers (6:58pm @ 5:53pm), and James headed on over to Award Wieners to get a table. I checked in for the food when I got there and we took it to the table that James had secured. I started eating my dinner and then made a mobile order in the app with Lucky Fortune Cookery for a teriyaki chicken bowl for James (pickup = now); we swapped phones and he took mine over there to pick up his dinner while I finished my dinner where I was.

When I was done, I headed over to LFC; James had just finished eating so we headed into Avengers Campus to check it out. It wasn't TOO busy, with the exception of WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, of course! We saw Loki on top of the building with the QuinJet...

...and then he appeared a level or two lower with Thor...

They embraced at one time, which was an Awww moment! It was hard to see much or get good pictures, since I was in the ECV dodging people at night ~ I have a lot of trouble seeing in the dark as it is!

We rode RSR around 7pm...

...and then I got a return time for Soarin' Around the World (7:54pm @ 7:24pm). We went to see a preview of "Eternals" in Hollywood Land, which was very good, while we were waiting for the return time to come up; when it did, we rode Soarin'.

James wanted to look through the shops on Buena Vista Street, but I wasn't in the mood to dodge people with the ECV, so I went to return it at the rental place. I sat on a bench near the security exit to wait for James and exchanged texts with my brother while I waited.

We met back up just before 9pm and stopped at McDonald's (BOGO Big Mac without cheese & 2 double hamburgers), before taking the food back to the room. We each ate one of our burgers and then James watched TV while I worked on my trip notes. I was in bed by 11:45pm & James followed around 1am.

Things we missed: Disneyland Railroad, Star Tours (James only), Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr. Circus Train, it's a small world holiday (closed the entire visit due to a fire the previous week), Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, The Enchanted Tiki Room (me only; James is not a big fan), Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, Turtle Talk with Crush, Guardians of the Galaxy (me only; James is not a big fan), WEB SLINGERS, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Jumpin' Jellyfish, & The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Thoughts about the day:
    • The ECV & the DAS pass REALLY saved my back, knees, & feet today; I know I really would have been suffering a lot more otherwise!
    • So excited to get the boarding group for Rise of the Resistance this morning!
    • Very happy to eat at Blue Bayou again, and at a waterside table!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (71o)
    Plan: DCA/Disneyland; lunch @ the Lamplight Lounge

Actual: Since there was no virtual queue for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to try for this morning, I had decided last night not to rush over to DCA when they opened at 8am, as I really only wanted to ride Guardians of the Galaxy a few times before James arrived later! With no alarm set, I was awake around 7:40am; I got up, got ready, and was out the door around 8:45am.

Security lines were manageable and I had my ECV rented by a little after 9am; I then headed over to DCA.

I headed to the Info Kiosk across from Carthay Circle to get a return time for my first Guardians ride (9:41am @ 9:16am) and then went into Hollywood Land; I parked the ECV and rode Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! (standby = 5mins). Afterwards, I snapped a photo of Dale in his Loki helmet at the nearby stage (I guess Chip was social-distancing somewhere else!).

I collected the ECV, parked it over on the south side of the Hyperion Theater, and rode Guardians at 9:45am ("Hit Me with Your Best Shot").

I then collected the ECV, rode it back to the kiosk for another Guardians return time (10:27am @ 10:12am), and then perused Elias & Co. while waiting; I also took a picture of the pretty Christmas tree!

I rode Guardians for the second time around 10:45am ("Born to be Wild")...

...and then went back for my third return time (11:27am @ 11:02am)!

I spent the time texting with my friend Lois and then I went back for my THIRD ride on Guardians around 11:25am ("Hit Me with Your Best Shot" again) ~ SO MUCH FUN, I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!

James called while I was waiting to ride and we met up around 11:50am, then just before noon I got poised to try for a boarding group in the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue ~ SCORE!!! We got BG #208 with an ETA of 185mins!

We did the Chase Disney Visa Magic Shot in Hollywood Land, where the CM photographer again had us looking too high in the picture where Mickey & Goofy messily decorating a Christmas tree is digitally inserted ~ too funny!

...to be continued
    Pam

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 ~ Part II

We did a little shopping and then I got a return time for Toy Story Midway Mania! (12:46pm @ 12:26pm), before we headed over to check in for our reservation at the Lamplight Lounge. We were called a couple of minutes later and were seated ~ AT THE VERY EXACT TABLE WE SAT AT IN MAY (downstairs near the bar)!!! What are the odds?

Our server Jeremy took our drink orders: Diet Coke for me and a 2319 (frozen Mocktail made with Strawberry Puree, Cream of Coconut, and Pineapple Juice, topped with Diet Coca-Cola) for James.

I ordered the Cheddar Burger (Grilled custom Burger blend with Cheddar and Toasted Amish Bun served with Malted Fries, but without the Roasted Tomato, Red Onion, & Avocado Ranch Spread)...

...and James ordered the Chicken Ratatouille (Roasted Eggplant and Bell Pepper Ragout with Zucchini Noodles, Burrata, Mushrooms, Smoked Tomato Sauce, and Basil Aioli).

For dessert, we ordered the Hot Cocoa-dusted Donuts (with Toasted Marshmallow Creme and Peppermint-Chocolate Dipping Sauces) ~ WOW!!!

Everything was really tasty and we headed over to ride TSMM when we were done around 1:50pm; James outscored me as usual 180,700 to 137,400. I usually get over 150,000, but not today!

We stopped to get a return time for the new-to-us WEB SLINGERS (3pm @ 2:10pm) and then headed around Pixar Pier to ride Jumpin' Jellyfish (standby = 5mins) and The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure (standby was posted as 20mins, but we were on in 10mins).

Our BG for Rise was called just after 3pm, but we first went to ride WEB SLINGERS around 3:10pm while we were still in DCA; we mistakenly went all the way over to the main entrance, assuming the accessible entrance was located there. However, it was located at the side of the building, where the main queue was starting at that time, so we went back and entered the accessible line (standby = 55mins).

This was a fun attraction, with a learning curve on how to fling your "webs" at the screen (we got zero on the first round before we figured it out!). We luckily had no one else in our row to share with and scored a final combined total of 391,300.

...to be continued
    Pam

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 ~ Part III

We stopped for a return time to Smuggler's Run (4pm @ 3:30pm) and then park-hopped over to Disneyland; unfortunately, the Christmas Fantasy Parade was in progress and it took a while to wade through the crowded madness down Main Street!

We rode Rise around 4pm (lovely!)...

...followed by Smuggler's Run; since they now combine you with others, we asked to be Engineers ~ less responsibility that way, plus you are further away from the screen to reduce motion sickness!

We stopped for a return time to Haunted Mansion Holiday (5:57pm @ 5:07pm) and then went to the Jungle Cruise for a "local" return time (5:53pm @ 5:23pm). We were a little hungry so we stopped at Rancho del Zocalo to share the red chile enchilada platter & a regular Coke Zero while waiting for our return times to arrive; I miss the carne asada and hope it will come back to the menu soon!

After we were done eating, we went on HMH just after 6pm and then did a full circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad (10min wait) from the New Orleans Square station, before it shut down temporarily due to the fireworks later that night.

When we got off of the train, I got a return time for Buzz (7:27pm @ 7:17pm) and then we went on our Cruise via the exit on the Suwanee Lady with CM Skipper Mary (who was just OK).

After we returned to shore, we rode Buzz around 8:10pm, where James AGAIN beat me with a score around 922,000 (which, of course, did NOT appear on the picture!) to my 650,700 (#91) ~ it really helps your score to ride when it stops a lot to let the accessible parties on & off!

We took some pictures from the side of Sleeping Beauty Castle, which looked SO pretty with its lights & the snow falling!

I purchased the DL Christmas spirit jersey at Clothiers China Closet...

...and then we perused the Emporium, along with a few hundred others! My right foot turned numb on me (the ECV was parked outside) while we were in there, so I headed back outside to sit down on the ECV.

James & I met back up and then I took a photo of the Christmas tree in Town Square while he stopped to buy me a box of popcorn from the nearby ODV cart, which had quite a line!

We watched the Believe ~ In Holiday Magic Fireworks at 9pm and then I returned the ECV for the $20 key deposit refund after they were done. We headed back to the room around 9:15pm, where we did our usual nighttime stuff and I was in bed around midnight (James followed around 1:30am).

Things we missed: Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! (James only), Turtle Talk with Crush, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Soarin' Around the World, Space Mountain (me only; James hates it!), Star Tours, Fantasyland, ToonTown, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, & The Enchanted Tiki Room (me only).

Thoughts about the day:
    • We were happy to experience WEB SLINGERS for the first time!
    • I LOVED my three rides on Guardians of the Galaxy!
    • VERY excited to score a BG for Rise of the Resistance this afternoon as well!
    Pam

Thursday, November 18, 2021 (69o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; late lunch dining package @ the Plaza Inn

Actual: My first alarm again went off at 6:40am & I was ready to try for a boarding group in the virtual queue for Rise in the minutes before 7am. Whoo-hoo ~ I got BG 119 with an ETA of 360mins!!!

I got ready, left a note for James of our BG status, and was out the door around 8am. I got through security, rented my ECV, and was through the turnstiles into Disneyland Park around 8:20am. I spoke to a CM outside City Hall about upgrading my ticket to a Magic Key, and she confirmed what I've previously read online that it should be done the last thing of our last day because we would NOT be able to re-enter the parks. This will come back into play in about 8 hours.

I'd brought my new spirit jersey I'd purchased yesterday with me, intending to have the Magic Key emblem embroidered on it; however, the CM couldn't do it without me being an active Key-holder! Rats ~ I was afraid that would be the case, so I rented a standard locker to store it in for now.

Note: I didn't get my trip notes completely updated for today until several days after I returned, so the following timeline is from my (sketchy) memories!

I know I went straight to Space Mountain and got a "local" return time (8:45am @ 8:40am); however, I didn't use that until noon so I must have ridden it via the accessible vehicle three times in a row without having to come back up the ramp in-between each ride! This was done between 8:45am & 9:30am.

I next rode Star Tours via the elevator (Darth Vader, Kashyyyk, Princess Leia, & Naboo) and then went across the way to ride Buzz ~ whoo-hoo, I scored 548,100 which was #9 at the time! I put my initials in and was quite excited to score in the Top 10 (albeit briefly; I was already at #10 by the time I'd done that)!

I got a return time for HMH (9:38am @ 9:23am), which I rode around 10am ~ not sure what I did along the way over there!

I next got a return time for BTMR (10:35am @ 10:20am) and then made a mobile order for the Little Red Wagon for a corn dog, chips, & bottle of Coke Zero, before riding!

I arrived at the Little Red Wagon around 11am and my food was ready within a couple of minutes; there was already a line forming! I took my food around behind it, hoping for an open table; I made the mistake of stopping for some napkins & mustard and some other guy took the only open table (with no food)! RATS!

Therefore, I took everything across the way and managed to find a seat outside the Jolly Holiday Bakery, which also had quite a line already!

I enjoyed my early lunch and then walked over to catch the 11:40am showing of The Enchanted Tiki Room; still no CM Maynard-sightings during this trip!

I collected my ECV and headed back into Tomorrowland; I rode Space around noon with that "local" return time still on my app and then met up with James at my ECV that I had parked outside of Star Traders. Today was Mickey & Minnie's 93rd birthday, and James had snagged a button when he came through the turnstiles (they weren't available when I came in earlier!).

I got a return time for Buzz (12:23pm @ 12:08pm) and we rode it around 12:45pm; James got 764,300 (#18) & I scored 457,500 (452,300+5,200 = #58; I had to switch guns because I wasn't getting anywhere with the first one!).

James took his jacket to the locker at some point after we met up as well.

I don't have the time noted, but at some point we rode Star Tours together via the elevator ~ it might have been while we were waiting for our Buzz return time to occur! This was exactly the same ride I had earlier, except we had Hoth instead of Kashyyyk. 😊

We next got a "local" return time for Alice in Wonderland (1:40pm @ 1:10pm) & then a regular return time for BTMR around 1:15pm (I don't have the return time in my notes).

Our BG for Rise was called at 1:22pm, so we went straight over there to ride for the last time this trip ~ awesome as always!

We next rode BTMR via the exit, got a return time for Buzz (time details not in my notes), and rode Alice via the Transfer Vehicle (this was around 2:45pm).

...to be continued
    Pam

Thursday, November 18, 2021 ~ Part II

We parked my ECV along the railing outside of the Plaza Inn (this is very important to know!) and went up to check-in for my Christmas Fantasy Parade dining package. They directed me over to the cashier to pay and James went to check out the counter-service offerings.

I received my reserved viewing ticket, which was printed on the old Fastpass card stock, and picked up my food: Roasted New York strip loin, house-made macaroni and cheese, and autumn vegetableswith chocolate bread pudding for dessert, & a Coke Zero.

James got the Penne Pasta with Marinara & a breadstick and I also got a slice of the Holiday Cake (Devil's Food Cake with swirled Chocolate Mousse Filling, Buttercream Frosting and Holiday Sprinkles) for me.

We found a table inside and shared our food ~ James ate my macaroni & cheese, veggies, & bread pudding and I ate his breadstick with my steak ~ everything was very good! Since they are currently counter-service (I thought they used to be table-service pre-pandemic?), James was interested in eating here again on future trips if the wait is short. The early parade went by outside during our meal and we could see a little bit from our table as it passed.

After we were done eating, we went out the back and rode Buzz standby since the queue was short ~ James beat me 925,400 (#20) to my 202,600.

When we came out, we used our return time to ride Buzz one last time for this trip; this time James beat me 628,300 to my 80,200 ~ a truly horrible score for me!

It was getting a little cool, since it was after 4pm and the sun was starting to go down, so James walked ahead to get his jacket out of the locker. This is where things went downhill for me ~ I went to collect my ECV from outside of the Plaza Inn and IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! I had my key with me, so the only way it was missing was if someone mistook it for their own or a CM moved it; there were 2 ECVs closer to the PIs entrance, which clearly weren't mine (I had my short-sleeved baseball jersey with a giant Mickey head silk-screened on the back that my friend's husband had made for me in the basket, along with a bottle of Dasani water). Most of the strollers that I had parked with were gone since the parade was gone, so it was easy to see that my ECV was nowhere in the vicinity.

There was a huge line at the Info Kiosk behind me, so I called the number on the key tag to report the incident; I spoke to a very nice CM who said they would get a replacement to me as soon as they could, but he wasn't sure when because they were short-handed!

James called to see what was keeping me & I brought him up-to-date; he'd gone outside to the ticket booths and spoke to CM Ron who told him that we WOULD be able to return to the parks after upgrading our tickets today, so he'd gotten in the LONG line! He wanted me to come now and join him, but I wanted to wait until the replacement ECV arrived. I called them again to find out the status, as I could have just picked one up at the rental place had I known how much longer it was going to be; as it turned out, they were on their way, but it took them a long time to reach me because the darn things are so slow and there were huge crowds on Main Street at the time!

After I got the ECV, I called James to tell him I was on my way; we met back up and thank goodness I had the ECV to sit on because we didn't get up to the ticket window until after 5pm! They only had two open on our side, and we don't know what was going on with this one threesome as they were at their window the ENTIRE time we were in line and were still there after we had finished our transaction! GEESH!!!

So OF COURSE after waiting for 45mins, the CM at the ticket window told us that we wouldn't be able to get back into the parks if we upgraded now ~ WHAT??? I almost had a meltdown, as we told her the CM at the beginning of the line told us we could and that we had been waiting so long already! She asked who the CM was, and James remembered his name as CM Ron; she said he'd been here for years and should have known better (I think that was unprofessional of her to say that out loud to us, but oh well).

She went to the back and got approval to give us an accommodation so we could upgrade our 3-day park hoppers to the Enchant Magic Key now ($568 difference, which gave us credit for the full value of the tickets, not the discounted price we'd paid!) and return to the parks. She gave us paper passes and then I left to go back into the park while James inquired about the pro-rated refund he was promised two months ago when he'd called! (He still hasn't heard anything nor received the money on a Deluxe pass that still had 6 months left on it when the lockdown occurred in March 2020.) She wasn't able to help him, as the pass info was no longer in their system (even though we had the actual pass with us to show her).

I got into the reserved viewing section for the parade (in Town Square across from the train station) with just a few minutes to spare before the 5:30pm parade began!

I planned to video the entire parade since I had such a great vantage point, and then James calls me ~ he'd lost his paper pass to get back into the park somewhere between the ticket booth and the entrance!!! He doesn't have data or the app on his phone either!!! I was wedged in with the first float passing by and couldn't help him; I could hear the slight panic in his voice! He ended up going back to the ticket window and got the same CM to issue him a replacement pass for $5. Too much drama!

...to be continued
    Pam

Thursday, November 18, 2021 ~ Part III

James managed to see some of the parade once he got back into the park, and called me after it was done so we could meet up. We went back to Disney Showcase so I could now get the Magic Key Logo embroidered on my Christmas Spirit Jersey...

...and then headed over to City Hall so I could have the DAS added back to our Keys; one of my worst fears was realized when a young pre-teen bouncing around on the walkway going through Town Square backed into me just as I was passing by! I instantly stopped and asked her if she was OK; she looked at her ankle which looked a little scratched up but not bleeding, and then went across the walkway to her mom and started to cry! It wasn't my fault; I was minding my own business & couldn't avoid her, but it still was very upsetting to me.

I went into City Hall to get the DAS added back to my Key, got a return time for WEB SLINGERS (7:10pm @ 6:20pm), and then we headed out to Lost and Found to report my lost jersey. We were given a card with a QR code to scan or a website to manually enter my info on! Technology ~ I was able to open a case online at that time (they did locate my jersey and send it to me several days after we got home, so YAY!), but I was starting to get pretty chilly without that jersey!

We headed to World of Disney to check things out there (Santa Paws hoodie & Christmas Disney cats velour pants for me & a bag of caramel popcorn for James)...

...and then we headed into DCA. I was freezing, and I don't know why I didn't put that hoodie on, but I kept thinking I would be inside the ride soon!

We rode WEB SLINGERS around 7:25pm, this time scoring a total of 752,300 (with the other two guests in our vehicle)...

...and then looked through Elias & Co. on our way out (2 Mickey eyeglass lanyards).

We headed back into DL to pick up my embroidered spirit jersey around 8:25pm, which I IMMEDIATELY put on!!! Then we went into the Emporium to buy some magnets & postcards.

...to be continued
    Pam

Thursday, November 18, 2021 ~ Part IV

I asked James to take a photo of Main Street all lit up down to the Castle, and he took a whole blurry bunch of the buildings on both sides as well! What a guy ~

We watched the 9pm fireworks for the last time (ALMOST timed it right for the Mickey head icon firework!)...

...said goodbye to Walt for this trip...

...returned the ECV for the $20 key deposit refund, and left the Resort for this trip.

I was hungry, so we stopped at McDonald's for a double hamburger & fries (James still had leftovers in the room). On the way back to the room, I stopped at the Lobby to request a late check-out of noon (gives us a cushion if we're running a little late!), and then we were back in the room by 9:30pm.

I turned the heater on and ate my food while watching TV on my side of the suite (James watched other stuff on his side); I could NOT get warm for the longest time, and that it so unlike me ~ I was chilled to the bone. I also made the theme park reservations for our January trip.

I never got around to updating my trip notes like I usually would do in the evenings; I was too cold! I did eventually take a hot shower and was in bed by midnight; James followed sometime later.

Things we missed: We were able to hit everything on our must-do list we wanted to today, except for Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Monsters Inc., Turtle Talk with Crush, Guardians of the Galaxy (me only), Toy Story Midway Mania, & Soarin' Around the World. Other attractions we would have liked to do again but missed included Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Enchanted Wish, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Smuggler's Run, Mark Twain Riverboat, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Jumpin' Jellyfish, & The Little Mermaid.

Thoughts about the day:
    • The drama of my ECV going missing, followed by the drama of upgrading our tickets to Magic Keys, followed by injuring the young lady, followed by my getting chilled to the bone, really soured me on the evening and threatened to put a damper on my enjoyment of the Christmas Parade! Fortunately, my jersey was eventually located and returned to me after we were home!
    • We really enjoyed our food at the Plaza Inn!
    • Four times on Space Mountain ~ I was happy!
    • I was sad to miss CM Maynard the entire trip again!

Friday, November 19, 2021 (68o)
    Plan: Check-out of the Camelot Inn; fly home in the afternoon

Actual: I was awake around 9am and we both were up around 9:30am; it was nice to have that extra hour to check-out in case we needed it! We finished our packing and checked out around 11:30am.

I requested a Lyft ride and Kambiz picked us up around 11:45am; he was very friendly and had us to the airport just after noon.

I printed off our boarding passes (A42 & 43) and checked in our big bag (44#); we had short lines both here and at the TSA Pre-check, and were soon done with both.

We found a booth at Carl's Jr. and I went to order our lunch (cheese quesadilla for me, a bean/rice burrito for James, and a large Diet Dr. Pepper for us to share); after we were done eating, we headed down to our gate.

Again, our incoming flight was running a bit late; no biggie since we took off at 2:50pm (only 25mins late). I again had Diet Coke, James had OJ, and we both enjoyed our snack mix too. We made up a little time in the air and landed 15mins late at 4:15pm.

We deplaned, collected our luggage, and managed to catch a waiting bus to the Economy Lot! After paying for parking, we stopped at In-N-Out Burger in Natomas because it was commute time on a Friday evening and very busy! We ate our burgers and shared an order of fries & a small Diet Coke, before joining the hordes of people driving home! We arrived home around 6:15pm and gave Sidney lots of love!!!

Thoughts about the day:
    • Another short flight delay, but were home safely!!!

Up Next: I was planning our next trip for 2/28 3/4, thinking it would miss the Presidents' Day holiday & the spring break crowds, when James surprised me wanting to go in early January as well! He figured the Christmas crowds would have gone back to school & work by then, plus we now have the Magic Keys, so I started the pre-planning for both dates.

Summary & Final Thoughts: It's always wonderful to be back at OUR Happiest Place on Earth again!

Highlights include:

• Seeing the Christmas Fantasy Parade (I LOVE that music!) & Believe ~ In Holiday Magic Fireworks again!!!
    • Riding Rise of the Resistance together three times again!
    • Riding my favorite attractions multiple times: Space Mountain & Guardians of the Galaxy!
    • Experiencing WEB SLINGERS for the first time!
    • Eating at the Blue Bayou again; always a favorite of ours!
    • Getting the DAS again; temps were slightly lower than our last trip, so my over-heating happened less often ~ in fact, I even got cold on my last night! Definitely the combination of the DAS with the cane & ECV got me through it!
    • The weather being near-perfect for mid-November!

Lowlights include:

• The drama around upgrading our tickets to the Enchant Magic Key on our last full day
    • My ECV (and my baseball jersey) going missing
    • Missing the live entertainment (Fantasmic!, World of Color)
    • Missing CM Maynard again
    • Slight flight delays, but they didnt impact as very much at all
    • My declining health & stamina

Until next time!
    Pam

I loved your report . I have missed them. You give so many details. I got the same Christmas spirit jersey but the Disney world one when I went in November. We are still getting used to the Genie plus but I showed them some of your reports before we went to show them how max pass worked because I figured it was similar. By the way if you dont mind, I think my nephew and his wife are planning on going to Disneyland for their anniversary in September or October. I was hoping once they make their plans, I could ask you for dining suggestions for table service restaurants at the park for them. We havent been to Disneyland in a really long time so it would be nice to hear ideas from a regular

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    I loved your report . I have missed them. You give so many details. I got the same Christmas spirit jersey but the Disney world one when I went in November. We are still getting used to the Genie plus but I showed them some of your reports before we went to show them how max pass worked because I figured it was similar. By the way if you dont mind, I think my nephew and his wife are planning on going to Disneyland for their anniversary in September or October. I was hoping once they make their plans, I could ask you for dining suggestions for table service restaurants at the park for them. We havent been to Disneyland in a really long time so it would be nice to hear ideas from a regular
    Thanks Sue...I love writing the reports, because I re-live them at the same time! I also go back to them from time-to-time for reference, or just to read.

From what I've read, I think Genie+ is just like MaxPass, but with one exception: you can only use it once per day per attraction! I sometimes would get multiple MaxPass return times for the same ride on the same day (e.g. Space or Guardians), so this is disappointing to me at this time. The cost is currently the same as MP was: $20 per day. I'm hoping I won't need it with my DAS; I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out when I go back next week.

I ALWAYS love helping people plan their trips to Disneyland (and one or two to WDW too, although those trips have become a lot further apart!); currently you can make advance dining reservations beginning 60 days out, and I've also read that it starts as early as 3am PT! Message me whenever you want some more info.

Oh, and September is usually hotter than October (although October can be hot most of the month too; we had 103 degree weather in late October one year, but at least the humidity is much lower than FL!), but October has the Halloween parties. Columbus Day holiday, Gay Days (usually the first weekend), and a Utah school weekend that used to send many more guests to the park that weekend too; thus higher crowds most days! Crowds are usually lower during the week; avoid the weekends & holidays if possible!
    Pam

Thank you. I will definitely check back with you once they make their reservation. The problem with Disney world is that in addition to Genie+ they have lightning lane which is an additional cost for a couple rides. There are several rides for it but you pay for each individually and the cost changes based on the ride and the day

Thank you. I will definitely check back with you once they make their reservation. The problem with Disney world is that in addition to Genie+ they have lightning lane which is an additional cost for a couple rides. There are several rides for it but you pay for each individually and the cost changes based on the ride and the day
    Yes, Disneyland has also started that here too; not really a fan of the concept (or the extra cost FOR ONLY ONE ATTRACTION)!
    Pam

I didnt realize Disneyland did that too

I didn’t realize Disneyland did that too
    Unfortunately!
    Pam