Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Disneyland Genie and Genie+ experiences and tips

Hey-Maybe they should sell a LL pass for City Hall?!

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I agree - but to me again the only way this changes is if there is a significant slowdown in purchases (less likely to happen) or some bad press about how this system skews the guest experience mix (more likely to happen). Sustainability is a factor of pressure, not necessarily in-park guest satisfaction. The bean counters even at TDA dont go out and look how long the line may be at City Hall.
    This is where it comes in that I honestly think its also best to email. Unless I needed them to issue some sort of refund and handle something in that moment there is no way I would wait in that line. The more that let Disney know the better about the issues as well. At some point if things keep up as they are, it could end up a newspaper article like the reservation issues last October had. Would it make Disney take a look over things then or not would be the question.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Hey-Maybe they should sell a LL pass for City Hall?!
    Seriously as long as that line has been at times lately...YIKES!
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Just to make sure I am correct on this, at DL you can only purchase Genie+ and ILL once you scan in the gate? We have park hopper tickets for August 12th, starting at Disneyland. Just making sure that there isn't a way to add G+ before that day like at WDW.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Just to make sure I am correct on this, at DL you can only purchase Genie+ and ILL once you scan in the gate? We have park hopper tickets for August 12th, starting at Disneyland. Just making sure that there isn't a way to add G+ before that day like at WDW.
    You COULD have added it when you purchased the tickets online as an add on option. Once your tickets are purchased there is no way to add it after the fact. (I just recently went through this search). Also - WDW removed the capability to add to existing tickets as well several weeks ago (from reports I read).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Correct, you have to scan in at the gate first and once you do that you can buy them. Same set up basically as it was with Maxpass in that manner.

BTW, WDW only allows you to purchase at midnight now and not ahead of your dates like before. I think it was last month they changed it

Editing to add: olegc, I think some don't add because they aren't sure they will use it or not here. If tickets were bought before Genie+ that is also another factor on why one wouldn't have them added on as well.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Correct, you have to scan in at the gate first and once you do that you can buy them. Same set up basically as it was with Maxpass in that manner.

BTW, WDW only allows you to purchase at midnight now and not ahead of your dates like before. I think it was last month they changed it

Editing to add: olegc, I think some don't add because they aren't sure they will use it or not here. If tickets were bought before Genie+ that is also another factor on why one wouldn't have them added on as well.
    Wait - I can buy ILL at 7am if I have a valid ticket, day of use of reservation, without scanning. Isnt that correct? I thought that was still a thing. UPDTE hmm I guess not the ILL page mentions purchasing upon entering a theme park.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

its also a problem when many Disney news websites have not updated their information - so when you google you get ALL SORTS of answers. Disney's own website is still slightly vague and not definitive.

Wait - I can buy ILL at 7am if I have a valid ticket, day of use of reservation, without scanning. Isnt that correct? I thought that was still a thing. UPDTE hmm I guess not the ILL page mentions purchasing upon entering a theme park.
    its also a problem when many Disney news websites have not updated their information - so when you google you get ALL SORTS of answers. Disney's own website is still slightly vague and not definitive.
    Its always been that way here for LL and ILL where you have to scan into the parks first. WDW is 7am for first pick for LL and I am not sure if its both LL or just ILL that is 7am for on property guests and after that when the parks open for off property.

It would be nice if Disney's sites did better at putting the answers out there as well and updating it as they may change things.

Thanks for the info. We will be there at gate opening, so we will just purchase G+ and ILL once we scan in.

Interesting though is that I don't recall there even being an option to purchase G+ when I bought the tickets a few days ago. I actually just went on the DL website and went through the whole ticket purchasing process and I don't see an option to purchase G+ when purchasing the tickets.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. We will be there at gate opening, so we will just purchase G+ and ILL once we scan in.

Interesting though is that I don't recall there even being an option to purchase G+ when I bought the tickets a few days ago. I actually just went on the DL website and went through the whole ticket purchasing process and I don't see an option to purchase G+ when purchasing the tickets.
    Just for fun I went through the ticket purchase process for a one day ticket. 1) what type of ticket 2) how many days 3) one park or park hopper 4) which park 5) which day 6) the sixth screen said Add Convenience to your day. On this screen I can buy Genie+ and prepay for parking. I didnt pull the trigger. Maybe its not as clear on the website (my work blocks the website).
    Screenshot_20220706-093552.jpg.

Just for fun I went through the ticket purchase process for a one day ticket. 1) what type of ticket 2) how many days 3) one park or park hopper 4) which park 5) which day 6) the sixth screen said Add Convenience to your day. On this screen I can buy Genie+ and prepay for parking. I didnt pull the trigger. Maybe its not as clear on the website (my work blocks the website).
    Screenshot_20220706-093552.jpg.
    I just went through the website check out process again and chose the date we are going. The only option under "Add convenience to your day" is parking. So I went through it again and chose a different date, a mid week day. The option is there during check out. So I am guessing G+ is sold out for the day I am going, August 12th.

Blog Entries
    I just went through the website check out process again and chose the date we are going. The only option under "Add convenience to your day" is parking. So I went through it again and chose a different date, a mid week day. The option is there during check out. So I am guessing G+ is sold out for the day I am going, August 12th.
    thats interesting. I had heard Disney was thinking of limiting G+ sales but wasnt sure. Now I wonder if I can get any on 7/24 when I take my whole dang family. I already had the tickets so I have to wait until we scan in - but the date is projected to be very crowded.

I picked the date you said (Aug 12th) and am seeing the option to buy G+ for the day. I have yet to hear of it being sold out at all. Olegc you will be fine getting it the day you go. If any place was going to see G+ sell out it would end up being in WDW and it hasn't there either that I have seen.

Here is what I see. No option for G+.

Capture.jpg

Weird...I get the option for it to be added. Dland ticket option.jpg
    Editing to add: I am using Chrome when doing this on my laptop so not sure if that matters or not. It says I am logged in but I know I would have to log in again if I needed to go into my account for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I picked the date you said (Aug 12th) and am seeing the option to buy G+ for the day. I have yet to hear of it being sold out at all. Olegc you will be fine getting it the day you go. If any place was going to see G+ sell out it would end up being in WDW and it hasn't there either that I have seen.
    Same here. I can see the option for G+ on the website (Safari).

Here is what I see. No option for G+.

Capture.jpg
    Maybe try clearing your cache and use a different browser?