Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Keys sold out

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Currence - I agree that most likely reservations are working as intended - now. However, in the fall when the program was in its first quarter, I believe the parks held back a lot of capacity for MKs because they thought the day tickets would still carry them. It didnt happen - and then the lawsuit hit - so all of a sudden there were more MK dates available (not in one day - but over the period of a week). Whether it was a response to the lawsuit or not - it was evident they changed the mix and how they added more capacity for MKs.
    I'm not sure that they were holding back tickets for day tickets vs. the state potentially reducing capacity. That combined with probably fewer people cancelling the night before (possibly because they weren't yet enforcing their cancellation policies/possibly because the keys were newer and people were eager to get back to the parks) did mean that days sold out quickly and stayed sold out. But this was really similar to what we saw with the Flex passes in October 2019. So I think there were a lot of factors in play.

2. # ADS

Currence - I agree that most likely reservations are working as intended - now. However, in the fall when the program was in its first quarter, I believe the parks held back a lot of capacity for MKs because they thought the day tickets would still carry them. It didnt happen - and then the lawsuit hit - so all of a sudden there were more MK dates available (not in one day - but over the period of a week). Whether it was a response to the lawsuit or not - it was evident they changed the mix and how they added more capacity for MKs.

As far as posted wait times in the app vs in reality I'm going to go with the idea that the app has terrible rea-time information. If the app says low wait I can almost always see that the attraction has a huge wait, and vice versa. I think most days though from now on we will see it be very busy.

I also wonder about ride (and restaurant) throughput. It seems those have not updated either. Loading takes longer, your food prep takes longer (don't get me started on the menus still being minimized). Just seems like the parks have not improved their throughput as much. They have added more things to do and that spreads people out - but for each thing it takes longer than I remember.
    This is discouraging to hear. Theres a tendency to assume itd get better with time. It doesnt seem to be.

My 3 kids have 2 day passes for summer and keep bugging me to join. Im not there.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

I will likely be canceling a DCA res for 6/8, I'll know for sure tomorrow I think.

So now the bottom 2 Magic Keys are not being sold as well. I wonder if this is because the lawsuit being allowed to move forward.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    So now the bottom 2 Magic Keys are not being sold as well. I wonder if this is because the lawsuit being allowed to move forward.
    Not only that - but they announced a new California resident summer ticket deal. $80 or so for weekdays and $100 for any day. 3 day ticket for one park per day. Park hopper is another $60. I cant decide if this is a feeler for replacing keys (they'll just keep the so cal deal going forever) or they just want to keep the parks full and this is a way to entice those with blocked keys to come to Disneyland anyway.

The fact that all are sold out, and the lawsuit, makes me think they are either cancelling the program or replacing it - including a price increase and a new tier. If they just change the language from "no blockout days" to "all year based on reservation availability" they would have been covered.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Not only that - but they announced a new California resident summer ticket deal. $80 or so for weekdays and $100 for any day. 3 day ticket for one park per day. Park hopper is another $60. I cant decide if this is a feeler for replacing keys (they'll just keep the so cal deal going forever) or they just want to keep the parks full and this is a way to entice those with blocked keys to come to Disneyland anyway.

The fact that all are sold out, and the lawsuit, makes me think they are either cancelling the program or replacing it - including a price increase and a new tier. If they just change the language from "no blockout days" to "all year based on reservation availability" they would have been covered.
    Yes I saw the ticket deal as well. Which came off a little like a push on those for the people that didn't buy a key yet or will be blocked out in the summer. I did see one report that renews though would be happening and one could renew to any of the key levels. Yet we will see soon enough on that if that is true. I do think that if anything does change in them it will be the wording on things. As you put it doing it that way with those would cover their butts and make it clear for most.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I don't see any information about renewing passes. Where is that information?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I don't see any information about renewing passes. Where is that information?
    There isn't any at this time. I saw a post on another board that someone on social media posted on the stopping sale of the bottom 2 keys and in that post they claim that there would be renewals. That is why I said if its true. I don't know how legit most those on social media are with this stuff either since I don't follow any of them. If renewals are going to happen I am sure we all find out though soon enough right? Well I guess that is if they stick to the same time frame as they have in the past. Otherwise I would hope Disney would start telling us all if our passes are done once expired and not wait until its closer to those dates.

Blog Entries
    There isn't any at this time. I saw a post on another board that someone on social media posted on the stopping sale of the bottom 2 keys and in that post they claim that there would be renewals. That is why I said if its true. I don't know how legit most those on social media are with this stuff either since I don't follow any of them. If renewals are going to happen I am sure we all find out though soon enough right? Well I guess that is if they stick to the same time frame as they have in the past. Otherwise I would hope Disney would start telling us all if our passes are done once expired and not wait until its closer to those dates.
    Scott Gustin on Twitter, who provides a ton of information about WDW, Disneyland, and Disney Company (and has been solid on sourcing) contacted Disney directly and was give this quote:"This summer, we will offer current Magic Key holders – who are in the renewal window – an opportunity to renew into one of several passes available in the program. We will share details about renewals at a later date."

In my mind - this can mean renewal to what you have - but because they used a generic reference to "the program" and to several passes, this could mean either a new pass program (similar to keys) or they may get rid of one or more of the levels and create new ones. So its all up in the air.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Scott Gustin on Twitter, who provides a ton of information about WDW, Disneyland, and Disney Company (and has been solid on sourcing) contacted Disney directly and was give this quote:"This summer, we will offer current Magic Key holders – who are in the renewal window – an opportunity to renew into one of several passes available in the program. We will share details about renewals at a later date."

In my mind - this can mean renewal to what you have - but because they used a generic reference to "the program" and to several passes, this could mean either a new pass program (similar to keys) or they may get rid of one or more of the levels and create new ones. So its all up in the air.
    Thanks. I've seen his name a bunch posted in other places with the screenshots. The one I saw I had never seen the name so wasn't sure what to make of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some wording changes done to contracts and passes. I can see it worded in that manner on renewals though because if they up the price on each one it gives options to drop to a lower one if wanted or if one rather have the option to upgrade to a higher one because they weren't able to buy it before they took those 2 higher level ones off the market so one made do with what was available. Now if its to make major changes in things I think it would be best to say something sooner rather than later on it. I am assuming that we won't know anything though until its around the time for the renewals to start.

Blog Entries
    Now if its to make major changes in things I think it would be best to say something sooner rather than later on it. I am assuming that we won't know anything though until its around the time for the renewals to start.
    C'mon now - when have you known Disney (or Disneyland) to do this since they reopened? even prior to that they sometimes waited until the last moment.

C'mon now - when have you known Disney (or Disneyland) to do this since they reopened? even prior to that they sometimes waited until the last moment.
    I know, I know. LOL So much has always been last minute and even more so now.

We were not the first ones, but ours expire 9/2.

So we should be seeing renewal notices in like 60 days or so before our current passes expire?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    So we should be seeing renewal notices in like 60 days or so before our current passes expire?
    i wouldnt count on anything being like it was before. Since Disney has been so vague they could come 60 days in advance or it could be 21 days. Who knows.

Anyone received their renewal notice yet? I think they sold the first passes around 8/25/21.

Not that I have seen. The lack of communication from Disney on this is REALLY BAD. More so since they had already said not long ago that we would be able to renew. There are those that upgraded and passes expired or will sooner than the 25th. I am sure they are being hounded daily by email, phone and app chat about it too for those coming up. I have seen some say they contact and just get told the typical copy/paste of renewals will be coming and info to come soon. Yet really what are they waiting for? There isn't even a rumor or anything on this. Just lots of assuming of things and wishful thinking going on that I see.

Blog Entries
    Not that I have seen. The lack of communication from Disney on this is REALLY BAD. More so since they had already said not long ago that we would be able to renew. There are those that upgraded and passes expired or will sooner than the 25th. I am sure they are being hounded daily by email, phone and app chat about it too for those coming up. I have seen some say they contact and just get told the typical copy/paste of renewals will be coming and info to come soon. Yet really what are they waiting for? There isn't even a rumor or anything on this. Just lots of assuming of things and wishful thinking going on that I see.
    LaughingPlace posted a story today stating Disney says "we are very close to announcing our details for renewal". Yeah, right. That means the lawyers are saying no while Disney tries to figure out another program step. I bet they post something by the 15th.

LaughingPlace posted a story today stating Disney says "we are very close to announcing our details for renewal". Yeah, right. That means the lawyers are saying no while Disney tries to figure out another program step. I bet they post something by the 15th.
    I saw that. It seems like its pretty much what everyone keeps getting told that ask by phone, email or the app. Its all soon. What details do you need to figure out here? Its another thing that makes it sound like these people forgot how to run things. SMH

I was amused at how much of a non-story this story is. Yes, at some point Disney will announce .... something. And then we can all wring our hands that the new whatever does/does not check all the boxes that we wanted checked.

I feel sorry for everyone who wanted the Dream/Believe keys after they stopped being sold last year and to a lesser extent the other two passes that haven't been sold all summer (but were also blocked out for most of summer so perhaps not a huge loss). But also for those who got the passes and were planning on going in Sept/Oct and are now in the awkward position of buying tickets to guarantee that they can go on their preferred dates or waiting for renewal/replacement information but risking the desired dates becoming unavailable. When the passes first came out I realized that I would have to stop my prior practice of letting a pass expire and then renewing on my next visit since that would muck up making reservations in advance. Except ... not really since there is not currently a product to renew into. I'm frustrated that Disney didn't decide sooner what they are/were doing so that the early adopters aren't the ones stressing out.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I was amused at how much of a non-story this story is. Yes, at some point Disney will announce .... something. And then we can all wring our hands that the new whatever does/does not check all the boxes that we wanted checked.

I feel sorry for everyone who wanted the Dream/Believe keys after they stopped being sold last year and to a lesser extent the other two passes that haven't been sold all summer (but were also blocked out for most of summer so perhaps not a huge loss). But also for those who got the passes and were planning on going in Sept/Oct and are now in the awkward position of buying tickets to guarantee that they can go on their preferred dates or waiting for renewal/replacement information but risking the desired dates becoming unavailable. When the passes first came out I realized that I would have to stop my prior practice of letting a pass expire and then renewing on my next visit since that would muck up making reservations in advance. Except ... not really since there is not currently a product to renew into. I'm frustrated that Disney didn't decide sooner what they are/were doing so that the early adopters aren't the ones stressing out.
    It really is something to question on those running things right now. It just feels like no one has a clue of what they are doing anymore. IF something is to change (aside from price) shouldn't they give a longer heads up on those changes? Or is last minute the new Disney norm? They really have left many stuck in limbo. They don't know if they can renew or need to spend extra on tickets now. Some of those are not local people either that have bought Halloween party tickets. At this point I am glad we didn't activate our passes until towards the end of October. I feel bad for those stuck not knowing what they should do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I'm frustrated that Disney didn't decide sooner what they are/were doing so that the early adopters aren't the ones stressing out.
    It really is something to question on those running things right now. It just feels like no one has a clue of what they are doing anymore. IF something is to change (aside from price) shouldn't they give a longer heads up on those changes? Or is last minute the new Disney norm? They really have left many stuck in limbo. They don't know if they can renew or need to spend extra on tickets now. Some of those are not local people either that have bought Halloween party tickets. At this point I am glad we didn't activate our passes until towards the end of October. I feel bad for those stuck not knowing what they should do.
    I've said before - I think Legal is throwing a big monkey wrench into this. My guess would be marketing says "here's out plan" and Legal says "nope, too much exposure, try again". Instead of being a creative partner they are most likely being the "NO" men and women and waiting for Disney managers to get it right. And yes, berry, to your point I really think the go to method for selling anything at the parks is last minute. And I suspect Disney, without actually saying it, is saying "You want to go that bad on these dates... you'd better buy a ticket". I've also said in this past year of MKs that it appears the Parks event and program management doesn't really consider the reservation hassles with their events. Big things - like Holidays and Halloween you get some advanced notice - mainly I think because they expect this to involve hotel stays. However, short term things like specialty foods, performances, or merch are given a week's notice or maybe 2 - and then a limited supply (since most merch comes from China and that's still a problem I guess).

Overall - this past year files like Disney has asked us to settle - since the parks were closed and our demand grew so much they can deliver less of an experience and still make their money. And it doesn't look like its going to slow any time soon.

So one site is reporting they came across what looked like maybe a testing of the Disneyland website for MK renewals. So maybe what the "working on it part" was trying to stabilize the load the site will take? Yet really if they had it all ready to go in that 40 day window it wouldn't lead to an overload of those trying to renew since everyone would know you had the time to get it done. Of course maybe Disney wants a smaller window on renewals? So maybe a little glimmer of hope for those coming up for renewals. Wonder if those that have Mks that end now or did recently will be given a chance to renew as well.

Blog Entries
    So one site is reporting they came across what looked like maybe a testing of the Disneyland website for MK renewals. So maybe what the "working on it part" was trying to stabilize the load the site will take? Yet really if they had it all ready to go in that 40 day window it wouldn't lead to an overload of those trying to renew since everyone would know you had the time to get it done. Of course maybe Disney wants a smaller window on renewals? So maybe a little glimmer of hope for those coming up for renewals. Wonder if those that have Mks that end now or did recently will be given a chance to renew as well.
    i saw those tweets and posts. Yeah they exposed the test servers to the internet by accident but the person who found it couldnt see what was being offered. And you are right - if they wait until Aug 24 to display the site it will crash hard for renewals.

My last day is next Monday Aug 22nd. Im curious if people had previous passes, and they expire before the announcements, will they be allowed to renew? or do you have to have an active pass to renew. So many questions...

WOW If this is the case Disney is really trying to stick it to us all now IMO. https://wdwnt.com/2022/08/breaking-d...lackout-dates/

Obviously MKs are not buying up Genie+ like they want if they are going to add the discount for it on to the passes but I know it wouldn't get us to purchase it still all the time. Yet now the highest MK will cost you more but hey you have blocked days now with it. SMH I can't see paying that much to have even that time blocked out. This is really making us weigh our options on if we want to keep our MKs at all. If so we would have to drop. for just 4 of us it would be over $6,000! Its not worth it just for the free parking at that point. Obviously this has to do with the lawsuit with the change to blockout for the highest level MK and the name change. SMH

The blockout calendar with the Inspire is showing as well.

Editing to add : Seems the Terms of things has changed as well to try to make it so you can't sue in a class action and on the reservation set up

Last edited by Berry Princess; 08-16-2022 at 08:41 AM.