Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Disneyland Keys sold out

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Currence - I agree that most likely reservations are working as intended - now. However, in the fall when the program was in its first quarter, I believe the parks held back a lot of capacity for MKs because they thought the day tickets would still carry them. It didnt happen - and then the lawsuit hit - so all of a sudden there were more MK dates available (not in one day - but over the period of a week). Whether it was a response to the lawsuit or not - it was evident they changed the mix and how they added more capacity for MKs.
    I'm not sure that they were holding back tickets for day tickets vs. the state potentially reducing capacity. That combined with probably fewer people cancelling the night before (possibly because they weren't yet enforcing their cancellation policies/possibly because the keys were newer and people were eager to get back to the parks) did mean that days sold out quickly and stayed sold out. But this was really similar to what we saw with the Flex passes in October 2019. So I think there were a lot of factors in play.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Currence - I agree that most likely reservations are working as intended - now. However, in the fall when the program was in its first quarter, I believe the parks held back a lot of capacity for MKs because they thought the day tickets would still carry them. It didnt happen - and then the lawsuit hit - so all of a sudden there were more MK dates available (not in one day - but over the period of a week). Whether it was a response to the lawsuit or not - it was evident they changed the mix and how they added more capacity for MKs.

As far as posted wait times in the app vs in reality I'm going to go with the idea that the app has terrible rea-time information. If the app says low wait I can almost always see that the attraction has a huge wait, and vice versa. I think most days though from now on we will see it be very busy.

I also wonder about ride (and restaurant) throughput. It seems those have not updated either. Loading takes longer, your food prep takes longer (don't get me started on the menus still being minimized). Just seems like the parks have not improved their throughput as much. They have added more things to do and that spreads people out - but for each thing it takes longer than I remember.
    This is discouraging to hear. Theres a tendency to assume itd get better with time. It doesnt seem to be.

My 3 kids have 2 day passes for summer and keep bugging me to join. Im not there.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

I will likely be canceling a DCA res for 6/8, I'll know for sure tomorrow I think.