Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Rise of the Resistance Going StandBy

Rise of the Resistance Going StandBy

Its being reported that started Nov 22nd they will test this out by starting the day with standby and going to VQ if wait times soar. Still telling guests to check at 7am for VQ though. If the ride starts the day with standby but goes to VQ later in the day guests would need to be inside Disneyland to join the VQ. Which was similar to how Indy had been done. So how long now before Genie+ starts?

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Its being reported that started Nov 22nd they will test this out by starting the day with standby and going to VQ if wait times soar. Still telling guests to check at 7am for VQ though. If the ride starts the day with standby but goes to VQ later in the day guests would need to be inside Disneyland to join the VQ. Which was similar to how Indy had been done. So how long now before Genie+ starts?
    Right after Thanksgiving? Possibly sooner? (Although I would not want to go live over a crowded holiday period, perhaps with the managed reservations all days are considered the same and Disney thinks that enough test & adjust took place at WDW that it's worth the added holiday revenue because we all know that WDW and DL are exactly the same and thus can be treated equally with no downsides)

We were at DL at the beginning of November. I really thought that the DL go live for Genie+ was going to happen around then.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Right after Thanksgiving? Possibly sooner? (Although I would not want to go live over a crowded holiday period, perhaps with the managed reservations all days are considered the same and Disney thinks that enough test & adjust took place at WDW that it's worth the added holiday revenue because we all know that WDW and DL are exactly the same and thus can be treated equally with no downsides)

We were at DL at the beginning of November. I really thought that the DL go live for Genie+ was going to happen around then.
    It seems to be following so far how WDW has done things. As you said it all has to be treated the same in their eyes. Mind you Disney did say it would be released in the Fall for both coasts. So no surprise on the wait for it here and to do it closer to the holidays. Set up standby with ROTR before Thanksgiving and then some point before Christmas start up Genie. With all the issues we have right now still though with the MKs being scanned and other IT stuff, I just don't know how well this is going to wind up. Literally I have a couple stories from Wed that we had to deal with in this and CMs that clearly weren't trained in one area to do their jobs. One can hope that maybe they will see the issues in Genie in WDW and fix things there so maybe it will run smoother once here.....of course not going to hold my breath on that one happening. LOL
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    if Operations had any say - they'd wait until January to launch Genie+. Forced to choose December they would probably choose the week after thanksgiving - allowing them two weeks of messing around with it before launch. However, I wonder if management wants standby to run for a while so pent up demand grows for solving the 3 hour wait for ROTR. So the "saviors" arrive with Genie+. Probably by 12/16 - all of the free tickets they are giving out on 10 different local radios stations are no longer valid after that date and only Dream passes can come in the park. It allows them an "everyone spends full dollar" audience to push for even more revenue to brag how successful the Holidays were financially. Even though the parks are already pretty packed (not full but packed) they want more.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney