Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 50th anniversary crowd levels

50th anniversary crowd levels

We have a trip in 3 weeks. I'm curious if anyone is there/will be soon, as they've started doing the 50th anniversary celebration, how it's affected crowds if at all?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by WonderElla View Post
    We have a trip in 3 weeks. I'm curious if anyone is there/will be soon, as they've started doing the 50th anniversary celebration, how it's affected crowds if at all?
    Hello WonderElla, we haven't been lately but from what our friends tell us and from what I am reading on the Internet, things are back to normal crowd wise. Busy, busy, busy. Alan Dalinka writes a weekly report on WDW for Mouseplanet and it usually has some very updated news on crowd size. I think they still have some Covid restrictions but for the most part Covid be damned.
    https://touringplans.com/walt-disney...crowd-calendar
    This is a good site too. Very up to date and seems to be very accurate.

Had anybody heard about people catching Covid at WDW these days? Or how many WDW employees have made the choice to not get the vaccine and have left employment with WDW? ( Even with the news that the mandate has been squashed)

Interesting that nobody wants to talk about these very important issues. Now Joe's mandate for private businesses has been stayed by the courts and Ron has put more restrictions on businesses forcing people to be vaccinated so Disney has responded by stopping their mandate after 90% of their workforce has been vaccinated. Meanwhile vaccinated people are not only getting sick, but they are passing it on to the unvaccinated and more and more they are being hospitalized and dying.
    In some countries, the vaccinated are being hospitalized more than unvaccinated people. That is our future. What happened to the 95% effectiveness I was promised? What happened to blaming all my friends and family members who weren't vaccinated for the continued outbreaks? How many boosters is it going to take? Monthly? As time goes on, this is really starting to stink.