Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I've got a countdown!!!

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I lied, going for 2 days before we block out for summer, F! Here I come.
    Have fun! I won't be back until fall.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Got me a countdown! Son was invited to same big baseball event in SoCal as he was last year. So headed to San Diego for 5 days and then driving up to Disneyland. 46 days away!

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Got me a countdown! Son was invited to same big baseball event in SoCal as he was last year. So headed to San Diego for 5 days and then driving up to Disneyland. 46 days away!
    Nice. We are booked for the last 3 days our passes are good for at the end of August.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I dont need to travel so far like so many of you - I have a countdown. Woo hoo!. July 24th for my 60th bday. I have kids flying in, and oldest DD with my first grandon, her DH, and his DS in tow. Big day!

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    While I dont need to travel so far like so many of you - I have a countdown. Woo hoo!. July 24th for my 60th bday. I have kids flying in, and oldest DD with my first grandon, her DH, and his DS in tow. Big day!
    17 days!
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

What a great way to spend your birthday!!! Happy birthday early!!!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

One month away!!! My daughter's boyfriend decided to fly in from Texas to join us for the day at Disneyland. He is a big Disney World fan, but has never been to Disneyland before. I always enjoy going to the parks with people who have never been before.

96 days until our next trip which will start with the Oogie Boogie Bash on Sunday October 16th.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

18 days! Saw that DL hours are 8am-12am and DCA are 8am-10pm. We are planning to be in the parks all 16 hours. There is nothing pressing that we need to ride. Going to let my daughter's boyfriend kind of steer the day as he has never been to DL, only WDW. So I told him he definitely needs to get on rides that are here but not at WDW. So Indiana Jones is at the top of the list at DL for him and Guardians is on his list for DCA.

18 days! Saw that DL hours are 8am-12am and DCA are 8am-10pm. We are planning to be in the parks all 16 hours. There is nothing pressing that we need to ride. Going to let my daughter's boyfriend kind of steer the day as he has never been to DL, only WDW. So I told him he definitely needs to get on rides that are here but not at WDW. So Indiana Jones is at the top of the list at DL for him and Guardians is on his list for DCA.
    Have fun! I would also suggest Hyperspace Mountain, as it is different from WDW. I think Matterhorn is Expedition Everest on steroids (and WAY rougher) & Radiator Springs Racers is a Cars-themed Test Track, but more fun! And our Fantasmic has the pirate ship in it!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Have fun! I would also suggest Hyperspace Mountain, as it is different from WDW. I think Matterhorn is Expedition Everest on steroids (and WAY rougher) & Radiator Springs Racers is a Cars-themed Test Track, but more fun! And our Fantasmic has the pirate ship in it!
    Matterhorn is going to be closed. Boooo! LOL. My kids were not happy when they saw that. That was always one of their favorites growing up. We will definitely try to get on Space Mountain and RSR. We will probably try to get on all rides (minus Fantasyland rides) during the 16 hours. Probably won't try for Fantastmic. Too much of a hassle right now to try to get a place to view the show. We will probably use that time to get on rides with shorter lines.

Down to 9 sleeps!!

Blog Entries
    Matterhorn is going to be closed. Boooo! LOL. My kids were not happy when they saw that. That was always one of their favorites growing up. We will definitely try to get on Space Mountain and RSR. We will probably try to get on all rides (minus Fantasyland rides) during the 16 hours. Probably won't try for Fantastmic. Too much of a hassle right now to try to get a place to view the show. We will probably use that time to get on rides with shorter lines.
    FreshBaked recently had a fantasmic viewing tips video - and there is an interesting option. They tape out a large square just in front of Royal Street Veranda seating. Folks start to fill it at 815 or so for the first show. Its above the other crowds along the river, and even the pavement in that square is sloped so that the back can see the front. If there is an option to see the show maybe this could be one where you dont have to camp out - or spend $$ on a dining package.

FreshBaked recently had a fantasmic viewing tips video - and there is an interesting option. They tape out a large square just in front of Royal Street Veranda seating. Folks start to fill it at 815 or so for the first show. Its above the other crowds along the river, and even the pavement in that square is sloped so that the back can see the front. If there is an option to see the show maybe this could be one where you dont have to camp out - or spend $$ on a dining package.
    Thanks for that tip. Just watched the video. I would be alright with watching Fantasmic from that spot. Away from the crowd and then you could hang back while the sea of people disperses.

One more sleep. Cannot wait. Much needed as it has been a rough week of baseball.

Woo hoo! Headed up to DLR this afternoon. Expected arrival is around 5/5:30pm. We have one day hopper passes for Friday. I am contemplating going to the ticket booth and adding another day to the passes so we can go to the park for 5 hours or so this evening.

Woo hoo! Headed up to DLR this afternoon. Expected arrival is around 5/5:30pm. We have one day hopper passes for Friday. I am contemplating going to the ticket booth and adding another day to the passes so we can go to the park for 5 hours or so this evening.
    Don't forget you will need a park reservation to do so, so make sure there are some available!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Don't forget you will need a park reservation to do so, so make sure there are some available!
    Both parks are available. For hopper passes, haven't seen really any days selling out this month.

Blog Entries
    Nice. if you get in maybe we can say hi. Im there at Dland in the afternoon and have a ressie for the first MSEP dining location across the train station on main st.

Nice. if you get in maybe we can say hi. Im there at Dland in the afternoon and have a ressie for the first MSEP dining location across the train station on main st.
    Didn’t get into the park last night. The traffic coming up from San Diego was bad. My daughter’s BF’s flight was late coming in. So it was an evening at DTD. Getting ready to head over for a full day of parks!

I had a countdown - to Oct 28th (1st day in park - Gonzo trip.) But since we'd be leaving on the 27th (for the 15hr drive) and that is the expected day of my 4th chemo session, I guess we'll have to postpone!!

The big "C's" have been a serious down the last 2.5 years!

Looking forward to posting my next countdown!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

We leave in 8 days. Mom is going to come meet us at Universal since she had so much fun with the whole family in April. She says she is over Disney, but I think it has more to do with having never been there without my dad. Then 2.5 park days for Whistler and I, then we are driving to mom's so Whistler can crawl under her house to investigate the beam the workers say is cracked. A is driving down with us and flying home Thursday night, she has asked for a bunch of time off already this year and doesn't have the seniority to get Labor day weekend off so figures she has to work.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We leave in 8 days. Mom is going to come meet us at Universal since she had so much fun with the whole family in April. She says she is over Disney, but I think it has more to do with having never been there without my dad. Then 2.5 park days for Whistler and I, then we are driving to mom's so Whistler can crawl under her house to investigate the beam the workers say is cracked. A is driving down with us and flying home Thursday night, she has asked for a bunch of time off already this year and doesn't have the seniority to get Labor day weekend off so figures she has to work.
    Whoo-hoo...have fun!

We are scheduled to leave September 13 for a few days, but will reschedule if the weather is in the 90s or higher since I don't handle heat well!
    Pam

Tentative plans for Nov 11-13. My son graduates high school this school year and then off to college. So probably the last year he will be on our Disney trips. He has complained that he has been wanting to see Haunted Mansion Holiday. We have only been able to visit DLR over the summers since moving to Texas. So the last time he rode HMH was when he was about 7 and he doesn't remember any of it. So trying to put together a quick trip over to DL. Trying to hopefully grab some cheap airfare by using Airfare Watch Dog or using airline points. Then grab a cheap hotel on Hotwire. Fingers crossed that we can make it happen.

Whistler got sick late last week, our trip is possibly pushed to next week.